It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I turn off telepathy?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
And after it all dies down, I'm glad that it is all psychic. Telepathy is very subjective. You can turn it off by listening to the real world. Don't know what you hope to achieve by being telepathic, but good luck.......

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
what if others can see hear everything you do? what do i do then?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You can turn down the empathy pangs - by recognizing that every person has their own unique journey - and that you can recognize it and then let it go.

Be grateful that you have empathy -
help if you can - but stay detached enough to allow them have their own experience.
Recognize it as a gift that enables you to receive information about a person or a situation.

Telepathy sort of works the same way.
Empathy and telepathy go hand in hand in my opinion.
Let it produce the natural feelings of discomfort.
Get comfortable with a loose feeling of knowing-ness -
and go with it.
Write your experiences down and allow them to lead you.

You are just fine tuning your human instrument.
We all have these abilities.
We have just been led to believe that we don't.

Perhaps you can comfortable enough with these experiences -
to help the next person get comfortable and in touch with theirs.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
thanks for the advice!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Glad to see all the responses on this topic out there, and some were very helpful and supportive. I don't want to turn off telepathy; I want to learn to control it. I can't identify the source of the messages sometimes. I also worry because I recently read in _Divine Revelation_ (Shumsky) that people who've messed around with *the occult* or who have tried drugs wind up with telepathic interference. I think this is really judgmental coming from a woman writing a book about discerning the voice of God from amidst other voices in the mind.

Are there any truth tests for telepathy? Also, has anyone read any of Castaneda's stuff on the second awareness? Do you know if sometimes the messages are skewed?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
No you can't turn it off. Telepathy works in the sense that once you notice what is occurring with you IS telepathy, there's no turning back. Consciously or subconsciously, you were prepared for your journey and could have turned back, but not anymore if you begin to question if you can turn it [telepathy] off.

btw you guys resurrected this thread from 2004 and then 2008, but I'll reply anyway.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Nice an ats hit on a google search

I am wondering how to turn off my sender telepathy, I kind of have a tourettes telepathy, it can become a bit of a problem coz ill put thoughts into someones head about me or something, it could be bad, but its just intrusive thoughts, that i broadcast, its a pain in the ass, coz i know what their thinkin because i made them think it then they think they are right because they picked up on it, which they did, but its not a real thought, its just knee jerk stuff thats hyped up by the very action of trying to get rid of it, it grows bigger and seems to give it the energy required to send it, a bit like an ftp file or something.

anyway, lol thats screwed up telepathy for ya, I think a ginormous ammount of people have this, but just dont realise they use it all the time, probably everyone. Ive gotten so many confirmations from it, I am trying to say it too people if they ever recognise it but sometimes its hard to mention it incase you look stupid, or incase you embaress them if they dont want to talk about it, or they just pretend to not recognise it for fear of embaressment which will make you think that you where wrong all along, I think the reason its such a sensitive subject is that the society we live in has thought us to preserve and respect our privacy but how un private can you get when your in on someones thoughts?

its something to think about. yet i still have to find way off turning off my broadcast when needs be, i have tried thinking of other things.

I think humans should talk about this stuff a lot more, I am going to try to, but then theres also a sense that you ar ruining somehting special by vocalizing it, it no longer becomes the mysterious part of life that everyone enjoys and perhaps thats another reason people dont like to talk about it, they feel it might ruin the experience.

would love to hear anyones thoughts on my own thoughts,

thanks.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Do you know how to turn on telepathy? Or any advice on how to help others with telepathy? I've sent a message before to someone, someone who I haven't even met before in real life. And he had recieved my message. But, I've been trying recently and none of the messages have been sent. Any idea's on HOW to send messages?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Regretting and wanting are somewhat silly to me. They both imply, at base, that you're not happy with yourself.
To regret is to wish something had happened differently, which would cause you to have developed differently, which would mean you'd be a different person today. Thusly, to regret is to dislike one's self. Or to be foolish; they both work.
Wanting is the opposite of regret in regards to time; wanting is what happens when you desire to affect an event in the future to alter the outcome; to want is to dislike what you percieve to be your future, meaning you don't like who you are.
See what I mean, here? To regret, to want; they're not thoughts held by people who know themselves at base. I see these posts from people who regret their abilities or want new abilities, and these are the things which I see; I see ungrateful people who, by denying themselves, are accepting ignorance.

Just be.
You don't need to be special, and you don't need to be average, either; just be.

Accept your madness or your sanity, love your wicked ways and hate the reasons you love; if half of your thoughts aren't your own, so be it! Its who you are. I'm afraid that is the burden of being an individual, a human; none of us have the right to be anybody save who we are. At the end of the day, when all of the concerns of humanity and secrets of the worlds are known, there will be a truth which would make so many shameful; the only good is choice, and the only evil is denying that choice. If you're steeped in regret and want, and understand all which those thoughts imply, you need to accept this; you haven't sinned against any god or government, but you've done something to yourself you will regret. And all you'll want is to fix it, but it'll be too late; you will become your own regrets and wants in the long run, and nothing will be left of you.

There is more to be lost in the mind than there is in all of the world; never forget that. Questions consume, and answers destroy; all answers must be given, but not all questions were meant to be asked. Telepathy, empathy; these are two shortcuts in that regard. They both give answers to questions which haven't been asked; its the duty of the listener to discover the question, or the answer has no meaning.
Likewise, it is the duty of the asker to listen for the answer; no question worth asking has been answered before its time.
This is the difference between the telepaths/empaths and those without such abilities.

That being said, I hope I've been helpful, and not confusing. I suppose it would have been just as well to slap the OP and throw sand at the hopeful telepaths/empaths, but somehow I think this was more constructive.

(spelling edit)

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Malfeitor]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

@Malfeitor I think you are looking at it from a very grande scale, like the the BIG big picture, of how the universe is interacting with itself kind of thing. Parts of it lend to contradiction, but then so does the universe, and of course it all sounds very deep, but when you go that deep there is too much not to understand, same goes for the universe.
But we are just trying to be more specific here, "let it be" sure, people can do that - but you spoke of choice, there is free will and I think that brings it off topic altogether.

Anyway what are you smoking, I WANT SOME! LOL

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Boostah

A clove cigarette; I've touched nothing but tobacco for some time.

As for your point; you're quite right. It is about choice; I'll respect any choice which is made, though I may not agree with it. The funny thing people don't tend to catch about my posts is that I seldom state my own position about things; I'm one of those idiots who decided to delve. I simply thought it might be best to give fair warning to the guys standing on the edge of the pool that the water is cold.

edit
Come to think of it, you're right; I was on one of my nothing-is-a-coincidence rants and I didn't even know it.
What'll really bake my brain tonight is wondering if that, in fact, was just a coincidence.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Malfeitor]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valedamar
Well, i don't know about everyone else's telepathy, I've read that it can be different, but for me, these ideas like, pop into my head. I used to get like a flash of what somebody was thinking when I glanced at their eyes, but now I can do it at totally random times. You don't really hear their entire thought process, it's more like the idea has always been in your head, even though you know it hasn't.

Telepathy + empathy suck though (I'm sure what's his face will yell at me for saying this....) its sorta knowing what people feel most of the time, and think a little bit, but then you start to learn things about ppl u wish you hadn't (i.e. I think I got depression from a friend, I sorta 'cheated' using telepathy, I could tell this girl was gonna ask me to turnabout before she even talked to me, I knew what my friend was getting me for Christmas even though we never even talked about it) Ignorance is bliss.....

Is that what telepathy is like for everyone else???

You must be my relative! Having lived with what you describe for forty plus years I'll give you some advice. First, empathy is a good thing -- people will, in general, love you for it. You will be the one in the parking lots and stores that all the lost little kids come to and ask for help finding their mommies. Babies will stare and smile, and they are so cute! You will be the one selected for certain leadership positions. You will be the one others ask for advice. Dogs will love you. On the down side, you will eventually find yourself disgusted because there are so many whiny and needy people and will have to make yourself not pull away from relationships. You will find that people often disappoint you.

Some telepathy is also good -- as a female, I always knew what guys were into me (my husband didn't stand a chance). You will also know when someone wishes you harm. You will know what your children are going to do before they actually do it and you can talk with them -- you will be a really good parent. If you feel uncomfortable knowing what people are thinking, don't look them in the eyes when you talk with them. Believe me, there are a number of people with just the same qualities, and I've had people come up to me and tell me they know what I can do (that's a little creepy). But overall, it's no big deal, you learn to live with it, and you even learn to ignore it most times. But a word of caution…don’t tell others about your abilities.

Just curious...do you have some unseen hand (I call it my angel) protecting you -- from really bizarre things? My husband just shakes his head and thinks I'm a cat with nine lives.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
i find that telepathy would probably sound like thought. angels, prophets man they are coming out of the woodwork now that is if you recognize their style

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SchefSalad
i find that telepathy would probably sound like thought. angels, prophets man they are coming out of the woodwork now that is if you recognize their style

You are right -- I can't hear words. I just somehow know what people are thinking -- but only if I am looking directly into a person's eyes. And some people (about 1/4 or so), I can't read at all. I can't send thoughts, though (at least that I know). Yet, there are a few people I am very attuned to and we think the same things at the same time and say the same things at the same time even though we aren't talking. My mom could also tell things which would happen in the future -- I can't do that. She was able to win a lot of BINGO and contests. I have never won anything!

[edit on 16-6-2009 by mjfromga]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Okay, nobody really responded to my question if I can turn off my empathy, so I'm either assuming that the folks here hate me, or it can't be done. I'm hoping it's the latter.... Anyway, I realized that my telepathic spurts are worse than empathy; I can deffinatly live with empathy. Is there any way to stop being telepathic?

It's not telepathy, it's an overdone on your awareness. take good physical health my dear friend. A physical purifying streak would be helpfull. It helps. Turn away from it.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Well, i don't know about everyone else's telepathy, I've read that it can be different, but for me, these ideas like, pop into my head. I used to get like a flash of what somebody was thinking when I glanced at their eyes, but now I can do it at totally random times. You don't really hear their entire thought process, it's more like the idea has always been in your head, even though you know it hasn't.

Telepathy + empathy suck though (I'm sure what's his face will yell at me for saying this....) its sorta knowing what people feel most of the time, and think a little bit, but then you start to learn things about ppl u wish you hadn't (i.e. I think I got depression from a friend, I sorta 'cheated' using telepathy, I could tell this girl was gonna ask me to turnabout before she even talked to me, I knew what my friend was getting me for Christmas even though we never even talked about it) Ignorance is bliss.....

Is that what telepathy is like for everyone else???

It's mostly intruding stuff. one needs to get rid of that. there's a healty telepathy. right now your awareness is shattered, like some kind of burstbomb exploded and cracked you open, it is not the healthy form of telepathating. it looks the same but isn't. it's a plague.

It is the same for everyone. it is some kind of dark thing extraverted upon us. as I said, it is a plague, it is good to purify your physical body and burning stuff helps, even hurting yourself. it is, that our vibrational level needs a raise. it's been pushed down, it is similar to what's coming or is happening. it is like a false echo of the real thing.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by etherical waterwave]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
It is the inner vibration that is corrupted.

it was an attack upon us. wherefrom, I don't know, but it is. It is a fight.

between the dark forces and we all.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mjfromga

you saud ""But overall, it's no big deal, you learn to live with it, and you even learn to ignore it most times. But a word of caution…don’t tell others about your abilities. ""

PLEASE EXPLAIN!? Why is this? there is nothing more I'd like to do then get this stuff out in the open with everyone! I am doing it all the time, I am constantly mentioning telepathy and linking people to it nowadays, and I do not agree, read my previous post of possible reasons why one would feel they should not, but we should go against this "natural" urge. I think its about time people opened up to this and not view it as taboo anymore.

Please explain this dramatic caution, I do not believe its a special ability, everyone has it, they just need to realize it.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boostah

you saud ""But overall, it's no big deal, you learn to live with it, and you even learn to ignore it most times. But a word of caution…don’t tell others about your abilities. ""

PLEASE EXPLAIN!? Why is this? there is nothing more I'd like to do then get this stuff out in the open with everyone! I am doing it all the time, I am constantly mentioning telepathy and linking people to it nowadays, and I do not agree, read my previous post of possible reasons why one would feel they should not, but we should go against this "natural" urge. I think its about time people opened up to this and not view it as taboo anymore.

Please explain this dramatic caution, I do not believe its a special ability, everyone has it, they just need to realize it.

You are right -- I don't consider it special, either, which is why I said it was no big deal. However, a young person going around telling others he/she can read minds will not serve any purpose. Children are sometimes cruel, and I can just see the chants of "witch" "nut" "freak." Man, I've had a couple of bosses over the years which if told I could read them "like a book" would have fired me on the spot and I would not have had a decent reference. Isn't it better to know what you know and end up with the promotion instead? These things can follow a person around for life -- who wants everyone to think he/she is crazy? So, it's one thing to ask here where you have anonymity or to check out books or talk to a professional in the business, but... Personally, I've never told anyone (not even my husband and kids), and I do try to ignore it as much as possible.

Ok, so much for my opinion (which is probably not worth 2 cents). I will now ask you a question since you seem to be more knowledgeable about this kind of thing than I...I asked the same question of the OP out of curiosity. Do you have an angel (for lack of better explanation) following you around? Although my husband isn't aware of the above telepathy, he does know strange things happen around me and doesn't quite understand it (neither do I). For instance, recently we were driving down the highway and all of the sudden he slammed on the breaks. The car did this odd spinning thing, heading us the opposite direction. As we were spinning, another car came speeding out of nowhere, running the stop sign and barely missing us. My husband just sat there shaking, and then said, "That was so weird...this voice told me to STOP THE CAR NOW." I have a long list of such occurrences in different situations -- not just cars. This has me going more than being able to tell what others are thinking -- that's just part of me. This other thing is kind of spooky.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Ah ok, I had to ask as you seemed so adamant about the warning, but that makes sense of course, but I just think its about time it was out in the open (if we tolerate this then our children will be next and all that) I think its in the back of everyones mind so would be a good progression for the human race, but I'm certainly not any more knowledgeable on it then anyone else just watched a few you tubes on it..lol

As for the strange occurrences, I've had a few - but it dosnt happen that much to me, I presume that information like "stop the car now" must come from somewhere, call it angel or guide. spirit or whatever, maybe you should look into mediumship if you find it happens to you a lot. I tried it myself and sometimes it worked but a lot of the time it didn't, found it hard to distinguish imagination from outside info. Dunno where you are but the UK have "spiritualist churches" for that kind of training if your interested in it. I might look into it myself at a later time.

Ask for messages to give to people as your own confirmation.

Cheers

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join