It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 bomb threat at U.S. Air Base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   

9/11 bomb threat at U.S. Air Base

www.cnn.com

A U.S. Air Force base in Germany received a bomb threat hours before the sixth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, military officials said.

Military police have stepped up security and are taking a closer look at cars and trucks entering the Spangdahlem Air Base following a telephone call threatening to blow the facility up.

Someone speaking German -- with a non-German accent -- called the base Monday evening and issued the bomb warning.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I don't actually think there are any terrorists behind this... I can't think of many terrorists that actually warn their target before they attempt to attack them.

I think I may have just been a random "prank" (scary, I know), but I can't see the base being attacked today. I'm not expert, so I may be wrong though..

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I think it's safe to say that US interests in Germany are a target from the arrests they made last week. Whether or not today was the day for a string of attacks is another matter.

But I think you are right with the phone call they got. That's not the style of the more extreme terror groups. The likes of the IRA in the past, and ETA still today, use this method but unless they find something here then it's certainly a prank. If that's the case then I hope they come down hard on the person(s) responsible as it's amazingly stupid and not funny at any time or any place.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hey M.G.! What arrests in Germany?
Why would they target an American German base? Im confused about this, whether it was terrorists or not, what is the point in a German bomb threat. Any enlightenment? Im very interested in Germany, so...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nowayreally
Hey M.G.! What arrests in Germany?
Why would they target an American German base? Im confused about this, whether it was terrorists or not, what is the point in a German bomb threat. Any enlightenment? Im very interested in Germany, so...

Here you go - German Police Arrest 3 in Imminent Terrorist Plot

FRANKFURT, Sept. 5 — The police in Germany have arrested three Islamic militants suspected of planning major terrorist attacks against several sites frequented by Americans, including the busy United States air base at Ramstein and the Frankfurt international airport.

The suspects — two German citizens and a Turkish resident of Germany — were in advanced stages of plotting bombing attacks that could have been deadlier than the terrorist strikes that killed dozens in London and Madrid, police and security officials said Wednesday.

www.nytimes.com...

And the relative ATS thread - Imminent Terror Attack On Ramstein And Frankfurt Airport Foiled

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
someone MIGHT try something today...
but security is tight.

there are a few nutcases in the UK who might try something.

Hopefully, nothing happens.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Muppetus Galacticus

Thanks MG! Always looking for some news about Germany. Thanks for the link. I hope its propaganda, but I fear it is not...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
No doubt some nuts will come out today.

Some people love to play the boogieman, it just gives them pleasure. And dont forget those who dont want you to forget what happened, they'll be making calls as well.

Lets see what else today brings. Its only 7:55 AM on the East Coast of America.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well there hasn't been any more news on this incident, and it's mid-afternoon over in Germany now. So I think it's safe to say that the terrorists were either caught earlier in the month, or that the phone call was a prank.

top topics

join