It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are major stores like Walmart trying to reverse the way we were taught to think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hey everyone ive been wondering about this for the past 2 years or so and i havent found any answers. Walmart, Target and many other stores over the past couple years changed their enter signs to the left side and the exit signs to the right side
What would be the point to this. We were taught from a young age starting in school to always walk on the right side of the stairs and people coming up will be on your left. We drive on the right side of the road. We were taught to always go on the right side. so now everytime i go in a store i always try to go into the exit way because its on the right side because i forget they changed it sometimes. and then i have to walk over to the left side to enter its really really annoying. has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone know why they are doing this to all stores. Its like their reversing the way we think the way we were taught from the beginning. Next thing we know were all going to be driving on the left side of the road. maybe thats the point of this i dont know. It just doesnt make sense why would they start changing this for no reason at all. There has to be a reason to this?????
Any opinions anyone please help me out here. Im confused. im going to see if i can go take some pictures so the people who havent seen this can see what im talking about. anyone whos wondering the location im in Cincinnati OH

[edit on 10-9-2007 by xHADEEZx]

This might be stupid to have posted here but i thought i would bring it to everyones attention. It might be nothing at all. I just thought there would have to be a reason for this. They are doing this to all the stores around my area now and i just thought i would bring it up. heres a pic i had to use a camera phone and its black n white for some reason sorry

ChilledVooDoo has a good point and this might be why they changed the signs. "Only reason i can think of is in the store the cash registers are on the same side of the exit door" If this is the reason. Then this prooves how LAZY Americans really are for them to go through all this trouble just so we dont have to walk 10 more ft haha

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I see where you're coming from.

In the three Wal-Marts I have been in locally, they're set up (looking from inside the store out to the parking lot) with the entrance on the left and the exit on the right. On the outside, looking in, the entrances are on the right side, and the exit is on the left.

I think they're all set up the same way on some kind of template to make the Walmart shopping experience homogeneous no matter where in the US you are shopping. It makes sense in the stores I go to that the exits are on the right (from inside the store) as the cash registers are to the right of the doors, and it causes no traffic jams having the people leaving the store cutting across those entering the store.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hmm, I actually haven't noticed that but its an interesting point.
Maybe they just realized that a lot of people (like me) always went through the do not enter entrance.. which used to be on the left side, so they are trying to use reverse psychology and get people like me to actually enter on the right side.. which I do now because it says "Do not enter".. and well i'm just a rebel like that
and they can eat it. I DO WHAT I WANT!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Well yea of course if the enter is on the right when you leave the exit will be on your right. thats how it is suppose to be. but where i live all major stores and some gas stations are changing it. you enter from the left and and leave on the left. its suppose to be you enter on the right and leave on the right. Im just curious as to why the change? What would be the point to changing this? Would it make sense to change this for no reason

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
All part of the great grand plan to Anglicise the world, end Franco influences and get folk driving on the proper side of the road again like all civilised folk do

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Up here in Michigan, they put in a new Meijer's (similar to walmart) and the entrances are set up with enter on the left side and exit on the right side. The first time i went to the new store, seems like everyone was trying to enter through the wrong door. Only reason i can think of is in the store the cash registers are on the same side of the exit door, and the store merchandise is located straight through from the enter door.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

yea i would feel really stupid if the reason why they did this was for the cash registers being on the same side of the exit door haha.but if that is the reason it sure does proove how LAZY Americans really are for them to go through all that trouble to switch the enter and exit signs just so we dont have to walk 10 more ft lol. but you should question everything i believe. and all these changes started happening around my area so i thought id post it on here and see what everyone else thought.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
My analysis fits in with the atheist order of NWO. The right side is favored by god, the left by the devil. I equate it to purgatory - there are two doors to go through to get to heaven. The right door is the gate to heaven, the left is the gate to hell. I think it's pretty much a religious thing going on.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Uh, as an atheist, I'd like to ask you to clarify how an atheist state is doing things in a religious way? We dont' believe in god or the devil, so why would an atheist state go to all the trouble to put their stores in the trappings of something having to do with Christianity?

Now, if the NWO was Satanic or something similar, I'd buy it. But as an atheist, I can guarantee we (if there was such a thing as the NWO) wouldn't have anything to do with Christian symbolism.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
alot of marketing is paying attention to flow. If they flopped it it was to move the eyes of entering customers to a better selling location.

Some stores force customers to walk past low price items first to create a low price image, others funnel them to produce sections to get a clean fresh image.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Uh, as an atheist, I'd like to ask you to clarify how an atheist state is doing things in a religious way? We dont' believe in god or the devil, so why would an atheist state go to all the trouble to put their stores in the trappings of something having to do with Christianity?

Now, if the NWO was Satanic or something similar, I'd buy it. But as an atheist, I can guarantee we (if there was such a thing as the NWO) wouldn't have anything to do with Christian symbolism.

Maybe they are worried about what the Christians will think and know the Atheist wont notice.

I also find it funny when atheist say they have nothing to do with Christian symbolism then accept all the satanic symbolism all around because it must means nothing. If it means nothing why is it there? The fact someone took the time to put it there gives it meaning, even if only to them and their groups. oh and the demons they worship.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
As an ex sales associate I can tell you it's all about directing the customer to the good, either which way they circulate. Possibly the change brings in more sales.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

yea now that i think about it i feel really stupid for posting this. I get really paranoid sometimes. I never really thought i was that paranoid this obviously is proof i need to calm down a little or alot

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The Walmart here in my town has it both ways. From out side the store the set on the right side have you go in on the right, the set on the left side have you go in on the left. It's all about where the registers and carts are. You walk in on the side closest to the cart corral, and walk out on the side closest to the registers.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well, if indeed changes from left to right and right to left do take place (anywhere, not only in stores) it does not have a negative effect (in the sense of conspiracy) on the brain but rather a good one because it breaks habitual routines and pathways which again stimulates growth and creativity.

new topics

top topics

join