It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Iapetus Images

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

You have to explain how the gravity of an object the size of Iapetus (900 miles diameter) failed to overcome the tensile strength of its composition. Much smaller bodies succumb to a spherical shape, but not Iapetus.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

Well, yeah, but the changes that have happened to Iapetus over time are very atypical to rocky bodies. It has nothing to do with size.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Well, yeah, but the changes that have happened to Iapetus over time are very atypical to rocky bodies. It has nothing to do with size.

It has everything to do with size. The physics of it say is should be spherical. Also, Iapetus is an icy body, not rocky.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Great stuff yuefo!! I think if we consider what we already have seen about Iapetus, it definitely is interesting. However, what i didn't see, and perhaps i didn't look closely enough OR they are not show, are the "engines" (let's call it that) that were 270* apart. They have shown us just enough to dismiss some of the ideas we came to believe/accept as possibility like the parallel "port holes" above and belo the equator. However, I can see, as previously, that it is not a perfect sphere in terms of it's sides. That, from your previos post with the lines drawn, shows the pattern. I wish we had control of this Cassini and take the pics WE want LOL

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Uhhh.. I know I have been to this thread before and seen these pictures..

Nasa seems to have removed them from their website?? I can't find them.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo
'They' just killed the link.

Two lines.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Seems like the more juicer images are gone. Anybody care to upload some from their collection?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

All of your links do not work for me???

top topics

<< 1   >>

join