It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Petraeus' Microphone Doesn't Work!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Is that crazy or what?

All the anticipation, all the buildup to this report. All the bigwigs give their preambles, then they give the floor to the good General.

And his microphone doesn't work.

You have to be kidding me!

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ok, they have him up and running now. Let the games continue.

Its all a bunch of showmanship anyway. The important decisions have already been made and are waiting to be implemented in due course.

This is just for show.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Now he is being interrupted while the Capitol Police remove protesters from the room. The Chairman asked him to wait while the whole group supporting the protester is removed.

So much for free speech and the right to dissent.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
He's talking about drawing down surge forces now. Back to pre-surge levels by mid-July '08.

I thought I went over one line. I thought wrong.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
General Petraeus just finished speaking and the code pink gals got up and said, "General Betrayus, the American people don't believe you anymore!"

They were removed from the room and the good Chairman assured everyone they would be prosecuted, citing chapter and verse of the applicable penal code. Assurance for some, a threat to others.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
i cant believe what he said...that Iranian military are taking operations in iraq to help al queda. Once he said that a couple of people in the background started yelling "liar,Liar"...and near the end 2 woman went crazy and just started saying this is all lies...lol but still i think its the truth, it looks like we are stuck in iraq, and we might even have our internet freedoms removed because of what he said that there was also a cyber war...

so these are the things that came out of the generals speech:

- we need to stay in Iraq, it will take a long time to see anything happen
- we need more conventional troops (draft maybe?)
- there is a cyber war, terrorists spreading their messages online ( from this we can see our internet freedoms being removed possibly...say goodbye to ATS)
- Iran helping al queda, from this we will most likely go into iran...

all in all most of it is straight up BULL$&@#&@#^&@#, and those woman that went crazy at the end are right its all lies.

you can watch the trial here:
www.cnn.com...

i think it is still going on live so watch up

[edit on 10-9-2007 by ATSGUY]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ambassador Crocker is now speaking, saying that sacrifices are required for us to achieve our objectives in Iraq.

What price, victory?

I agree that it is a stretch to think Shia Iran and Wahabbi Al-Qaida are cooperating; they hate eachother almost as much as they hate us.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I hate to say this, but I now think General Petraeus may have been compromised, Ambassador Crocker too, and they could possibly be being blackmailed into supporting the administration's stance on the surge and the war in general. We know that is S&B's stock-in-trade with their own membership, so why wouldn't the practice extend to those they appoint to do their dirty work?

He (Petraeus) just seems too wooden up there, like he's going through the motions, but not buying into what he is saying in the least.

These last statements are entirely subjective, and I have no proof to offer other than the gut felling I get that is rarely wrong.

new topics

top topics

join