It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis Say Surge Is Not Working

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Iraqis Say Surge Is Not Working

abcnews.go.com

By Gary Langer
ABC News

Monday 10 September 2007

Barely a quarter of Iraqis say their security has improved in the past six months, a negative assessment of the surge in U.S. forces that reflects worsening public attitudes across a range of measures, even as authorities report some progress curtailing violence.

Apart from a few scattered gains, a new national survey by ABC News, the BBC and the Japanese broadcaster NHK finds deepening dissatisfaction with conditions in Iraq, lower ratings for the national government and growing rejection of the U.S. role there.

More Iraqis say security in their local area has gotten worse in the last six months than say it's gotten better, 31 percent to 24 percent, with the rest reporting no change. Far more, six in 10, say security in the country overall has worsened since the surge began, while just one in 10 sees improvement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I first heard about this poll, and some of the interviews, on NPR this morning.

But hey what do they know? They are only Iraqi's.

Full speed ahead pay no attention to that iceberg.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by grover]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
All sarcasm aside... I hope this makes all the news channels... it will provide a much needed counter-point to the so-called progress report written by the White House.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
we are suppose to hear the report today right?,i wonder what spin they will put on it this time.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

They are already spinning about how the surge is working but needs another 6 months

The GAO and other reports critical of both the so-called surge and the so-called Iraqi government (so-called police and so-called military etc) are being brushed aside.

But hey what do you expect from this White House? Reality?

top topics

join