It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are some people insane? check out what this driver did to me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
this might be a bit long but i want to talk about it.

the story.

my wife and i were driving to my sons(he is 11) first football game. there was a lady in front of me in a mini van driving like a grandma. i don't know the speed. i passed her. now, i didn't cut her off or brake check her or anything like that, i just passed her on her left.
when i got into the lane, i looked in the rearview(always do) and i could see the pissed off look in her face...i was still watching and she pops the phone to her ear and i told my wife"i bet she is calling the cops"....she was on the phone for a second then she started TAKING PICS of my car with her phone....i could see the flip open pointed at my car.....by now i am thinking wtf?
so a bit up the road, there is a red light. i jump out of the car at the light and i takr out my phone and i get a pic of the front of her car(glad i did...tell you in a minute)...i figured if she can take pics of mine, then i can take pics of her.

we get the green and then this lady is still behind us and still on the phone. this is the first game at this place so i turned into the wrong parking lot the first time....this damn lady follows us in. i go out and go into the correct lot and park, she follows in and then leaves....

about 10 minutes later i get paged to the concession stand(owner of the maroon impala)...
i go over there and there is a cop there wanting to talk to me.
he asked me what just happend and we got into it...this lady called and went to the station and told them i was 'following her closely'...thats it...of course that is not true cause i was in front.

so i am at my sons very first game, and here i am in front of everyone talking to the friggin cops. he asks for my id and i give it to him. we keep talking.....i told him i passed her, blah blah..

then he said 'well she has pics of your car and everythng"..

i am a bit baffled. i am thinking to myself, ok, she has pics of my car and all this is about me following her close, which i didn't even do.

at this time, another cop shows up and we are still talking. the other cop asked me if i got out of the car 'at' her....i said i got out of the car but not 'at' her....he asked why i got out and i told him to take the pic, then i showed him the pic and said how can i have taken this from following her, when this is the front of her car?

after a couple more minutes he said he thinks the lady got scared at how i look...(i am covered in tattoos)....now, i can understand this lady getting scared as i got out at the light.....thats why i didn't ask her what the F she was doing...just snapped a pic.

BUT, what caused her to geek out in the first place? just cause i passed her?

so, the second cop said the lady would be happy if they gave me a 'stern warning' and then told me to consider this that warning.....

so, in the end nothing happened but i got a stern warning and i don't know for what. the cops came out to the football game(at a church) to lean on me cause some 'crazy' later went on a tangent.....

i guess people just bug. i have gone to pass people and have them speed up and not let me pass of flick me off. i didn't know passing hurt them so much.

just wanted to share my bizzare story....

and of course, this game was at the cyo joint. my son is onvolved in that via his mom so i already stand out like a sore thumb when i roll through cause of my ink....now, at the very first game in front of all these people 'not like me' i am getting leaned on by 2 cops....

:bnghd::bnghd:

edit*

^^^at the red light.....i am obviously not following her

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I dunno, man. People are nuts these days. Around here it's like a race or something, if you try to pass they don't let you and if you do, they tailgate even if they were previously doing 20 mph below your speed.

I'm surprised the cops in your area have time to deal with this kind of nonsense. "Stern warning?" What, don't pass granny drivers while wearing ink?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
What a beotch! Geez Boondock! Sounds like one of the freaky ladies that live on my street.They got 911 on speeddial if you look at them the wrong way.I believe they like attention from the police and will do anything to get it.Iam horrified that this had to happen at your son's game.People are far too judgemental of those with tattoos.Have you got numerous piercings? Did you show up on a chopper? Were you packing something else?NO NO NO.Some people just need to get their own life and stop dissing others when they know nothing about them.No worries...just show up for the next game like nothing happened..and if they do start talking about you..shut em up quick.Don't take nothin' off nobody.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
no piercings....driving a maroon 03 impala. i was in shorts and a t. my wife was with me.
was not holding anything but my keys, wallet and phone...

i am a bit baffled too that the cops came out for that...i mean, some chick rolls up with some story and then send a pair out to lean on me....

i don't get it..

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

No matter what the complaint (although I'm sure she played it up real good) they have to respond I guess.If nothing else.. to make it known that they run the show and occasionally need a testosterone boost.Thats the way the cops are in my city.Privately run police force here.Arrogant pricks.Love to harrass any one and everyone.I'm sure that trait crosses the border. No Offence to any members on here who are police officers, ahem* Semper, I just speak from my own experience.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
bet if i went in with the exact same story, the cops would not be going out to lean on someone.....

it was fast too. we got there, sat down and within 10 minutes i was getting paged to the stand...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'll bet she was related to someone "important." Those are the kind of whack jobs that get the attention even when it's unwarranted.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
My advice...

Get a trunk monkey...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
I'll bet she was related to someone "important." Those are the kind of whack jobs that get the attention even when it's unwarranted.

Exactly.

Similar experience, riding a bike in a public park as scaring a car. (not a pedestrian, but them in their car which they were driving too fast in the parking lot, I might add).

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
That sucks man.

The police round here (in 'police state' Britain
) aren't too bad outside of the big cities. Sure, they're out with their bloody speed guns and whatnot, but otherwise I find them pretty friendly.

I would complain about the stern warning though, nothing you did warranted any sort of warning, you were perferctly inside the law and if anything, the women should get one for making a scene for nothing.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
as soon as she started to follow you
why didnt you call 911 first?

would have been funny if you called her in first (and by the picture she looks overweight, to many big macs)

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
she was a real big lady....i didn't call the cops cause i figures that even if she was calling them, o well. cops have better things to do than run out cause some lady called them from the road....

if i had thought this would have happened at the game, i would have rolled right up to the station and we could have had it out there....

i didn't think i'd get leaned on by two cops at my sons game you know

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hmm ok I thinking that lady might have had a bad day and can get angry easily,which could raise her other emotions,like fear,& I think thats what got her geeked out in the first place.
But I could be wrong,did she looked pissed off before you passed her.
Plus she might have high sugar levels(I hope she doesn't read this).

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
haha i LOVE playing in traffic.

nothing blows off steam like not letting that guy in front of you, even if it means speeding up and slowing down to accommodate a "passing gap."

Last night someone pulled out in front of me from a red light, and could have really caused a major accident, if I didn't have such mental acuity and alertness

Luckily, she was next to me at the red light, and received quite a large spitball of phlegm on her window. Like a really huge, really obvious loogie. I should have taken a picture.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
accesdenied is wright....damn people like that just SUCK,she dosnt know anyone important she is just a hater who should burn in hell.
DAMMIT i hate people like that.nicely that u take a pic of her car as well^^haha
dammit wtf she wants?u just passed her couse shes driving slow like a pedestrian,and she folowed you and called the cops?the things that really angers me is she FOLOWED you AND called the cops,like she has nothin better to do then to hate on people....an old fat rat that what she is.
u wanna hear my hate?
same rat like her shopping infront of me buying millions of stuff,and me waiting 5 minuts,she was shoping like food and supplies for one month>_<
"excuse me that diet bread,i heard very good about it ill take one of it too"
diet bread?god dammit exercies u........diet bread wont make u thin again u......>_

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
The police round here (in 'police state' Britain
) aren't too bad outside of the big cities

Haha from what I remember English police are hopeless. I remember when I was over there I was at a skate comp, the whole place stank of reefer half the people there were puffing on one and the cops didn't seem to care. Maybe its just a South Hampton thing the people around there seem crazy.

But I can relate to being profiled like Boondock seems to have been but for a different reason. Apparently rolling around on a plank of wood with 4 wheels on it makes me a criminal go figure. It's amazing how often cops are called on us simply chilling out because people fear we will "damage their property and cause trouble" some people are just pathetic.:shk:

And don't worry boondock she was probably jealous that she never got mad ink like you.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Boondock I hate an irate driver behind me. He was behind me and a firetruck comes up behind him, lights and sirens are flashing. I pull to the right, so does he. When the truck goes by I go back to where I was and he's on my butt, flipping me the bird with both hands. You can see the anger in his face. Like it's my fault a firetruck needed to go by. Karma came back to him though. About 7 lights later, he rearends me while I was at a dead stop. Now he's all smiling, appologetic and saying "sorry, it was an accident". I doubt it was, but he will be paying for it. He asked that we not contact his insurance. Ummm too late. I called mine after he hit me and hubby got his info. I would've been nice had he not been a jerk and raging on me.
BTW, I do have ink as well
Coincidence?

top topics

join