It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Pyramids and intersting site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Historically China is well known for things like the Great Wall of China, its dynastic rulers and of course it superb china ware. It is not very well known for its Pyramids, well China has a large number of pyramids, possibly over a 100. Most of them are located in a 70-mile area around the city of Xi'an. This has mostly been unknown by the out side world, thou as china opens up this may change.

The first photo of a Chinese pyramid was taken in 1945 at the end of World War II. This White Pyramid is located in the Qin Ling Shan mountains about 60 miles Southwest of Xi'an. The photo was in the files of the US Military for 45 years before it became public knowledge.

more photos

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 01:31 AM
link   
What are they made out of?

I don't doubt china has pyramids, hehe...someone tried to argue with me though that it showed that the chinese were more advanced than even the Egyptians. Which I doubt because Egypt harbors the world's ONLY pyramids, that are not covered in dirt or constantly being restored (like the mexican pyramids, made out of rubble).

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I'd always advise a little hesitation before getting carried away with pyramids.
Given that stone is available, a pyramid is simply the easiest way to produce a relatively high solid, stable, massive structure -watch an infant with building bricks.

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 08:28 AM
link   
And this, dear chums, is an old, old pass�, whiskery hoax -especially the "White Pyramid" of Tibet. there are some earth and clay burial mounds in Xian (no doubt elsewhere, too)-vaguely pyramidal -nothing else.
The dreadful Hausdorf who thought up this scam was an acolyte of the even-more-dreadful von Daeniken and decided to emulate the master in lightening the wallets of the credulous.
The Loony Brigade have long since done all the alien visitors, constellation-alignment-links with the Pharaohs garbage: it's all out there on www. credulous adolescent.com
We obviously have our nexusmagazine fringe here (note the wholly unattributed lift beginning another recent topic.) -second hand, third-hand, tenth-hand fanciful speculation.
These and similar postings are an insult to the S+T forum: there are other places for such speculative un-science on ATS.
We used to talk about Physics, Maths, Chemistry, and Biology once.

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hang on, Estragon. I wasn't posting this because, it's some huge unfathomable mystery. I merely found it interesting as the Chinese don't attribute this to a particular dynasty or ethnic group in Chinese history.

Maybe as you are in China you could shed some light on this ?

Anyway I posted it here because there is nowhere else really relevant for it. AND most of my threads in this forum are relevant.

join