It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick after flying? Don't blame the ventalation anymore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The oil in your skin may be reacting to the higher levels of Ozone and that is what is making you sick. American and Danish researchers tested subject by simulating a a flight and varing the levels of ozone they were exposed to. The were able to find numerous chemicals that can cause headaches and nasal irriataion.

The research may help aircraft designers make flight more comfortable.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Funny that you just posted this...I just got off a plane from Houston last night and I am sick with a cold. I am miserable.
Being the way I am right now I can believe this information. Every time I fly seems like I get sick...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrangell76
Every time I fly seems like I get sick...

Not that you may have a choice, but narrow body aircraft, according to the article are worse as they are less likely to have ozone filters

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Not that you may have a choice, but narrow body aircraft, according to the article are worse as they are less likely to have ozone filters

Yeah, I was on a "puddle jumper" as I call them, from Houston to Salt Lake City. Barely had room to breathe on that one. Not fun. So chances are someone sneezed and well, here I am miserable...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
We have one of them air filters that create ozone. Does that mean that they might not be all that they are cracked up to be too. I live in a house with a smoker and this filter does really good but is the ozone now worse for you than the smoke

new topics

top topics

join