It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Three Arabs Killed in Baghdad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
BAGHDAD: While raiding a home searching for weapons, US soldiers were fired on by three Arabs. Killed in the raid were two Yemenis and a Syrian, no reports of US casualties or injuries.

DailyTimes.com "Pools of blood were visible on the ground around the house, and the walls were pockmarked with bullet holes. A car in the garage had also been hit by several bullets. Witnesses said US soldiers found a box of hand grenades inside the house. A US military spokesman said he had no information on the incident." This isn't the first we've heard of outside aid showing up in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
(psst...I don't believe Syrians are referred to as Arabs - they're Syrians. Just like Iranians are not Arabs - they're Persian).

Serious.

BUT! Maybe these are Arabs who were living in Syria...what do I know? :
:

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yeah... I was wondering the same thing... maybe I should have said "Arabs" but I thought it interesting the reference story didn't, and kept it at that. I think it's a bit of a bias from the source out of Pakistan, what do you think?

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Just as when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan there are thousands of Muslims from around the world who will go to Iraq to help their fellow Muslims fight against the invaders.

Nationality is a line in the sand that cannot divide race, ethnicity, or theology.

The occupation will drive them into eachothers arms.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Yeah, good observation, SO. I think you're on to something. You know, when I'm doing my data-mining for ATSNN stories I visit a lot of Arab-based and Muslim-based news sites...

the political parties in America haven't even begun to learn what "propaganda" means.

top topics

join