It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulsating stars ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
A while ago i filmed a strange light fenomena. I was driving to my home .When suddenly something catched my eyes. At about 80 degrees i saw a sparkling star shinning in the clearly black starry night.

It resonated a broad colourfull spectrum of light. it stayed there for a few days. Then disapeared.

Never knew what it was.
But i can assume what it might be

www.youtube.com...

Let the dice roll

[edit on 7-9-2007 by 0bserver1]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
ok
I watched the video.

So I have a few questions.
What was the date?
What time of day was it?
when you say 80 degrees, do you mean in elevation (almost straight up?) Or in azimuth (an easterly direction).

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
ok
I watched the video.

So I have a few questions.
What was the date?
What time of day was it?
when you say 80 degrees, do you mean in elevation (almost straight up?) Or in azimuth (an easterly direction).

Well could be less.. maybe 60 in like almost up.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

It apeared to the south of the netherlands. on march 22 on 22:00 hours.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

0bserver1,
here are some stills i captured for you

As you know, i've seen it before and i found it really intriguing.
Ther's alot of colors and shape shifting there. I hope here there's someone here who has already seen something of similar....

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
reply to post by 0bserver1

0bserver1,
here are some stills i captured for you

As you know, i've seen it before and i found it really intriguing.
Ther's alot of colors and shape shifting there. I hope here there's someone here who has already seen something of similar....

Thnx internos
Maybe we get more and clear comments on this one.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
i can see blinking stars like that all the time. Generally i thought it was a supernova or pulsar?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Blinking and pulsating stars are not supernova, that would be all over the news! It's common for a very bright star (Sirius) or a planet (Venus, Jupiter) to appear like its pulsating due to atmospheric disturbances, especially when it's not in the zenith (90° above your head) but located more to the horizon, like you can see in your video compared to the streetlantern. The light of the star has to travel through much more atmospheric layers from a wider angle when it appears above the horizon, and as such ancounters more disturbances whichwill divert the light which gives it a blinking or birght/less bright effect. The same with the colors.

Taken from a nightsky guide of March the 22nd 2007 directly:
"Venus remains bright in the western sky after sunset. It shines at magnitude -3.8." stargazing.suite101.com...

So what you saw should have been Venus, right? Or Jupiter with a magnitude of -2, Saturn or maybe Regulus (bightest star of the Lion). I see all the times blinking stars standing out of the other stars but these are not ufo's, just planets and very bright stars (Sirius, Regulus, Arcturus, Vega, Deneb etcetera)

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bicyclerepair Man
Blinking and pulsating stars are not supernova, that would be all over the news! It's common for a very bright star (Sirius) or a planet (Venus, Jupiter) to appear like its pulsating due to atmospheric disturbances, especially when it's not in the zenith (90° above your head) but located more to the horizon, like you can see in your video compared to the streetlantern. The light of the star has to travel through much more atmospheric layers from a wider angle when it appears above the horizon, and as such ancounters more disturbances whichwill divert the light which gives it a blinking or birght/less bright effect. The same with the colors.

Taken from a nightsky guide of March the 22nd 2007 directly:
"Venus remains bright in the western sky after sunset. It shines at magnitude -3.8." stargazing.suite101.com...

So what you saw should have been Venus, right? Or Jupiter with a magnitude of -2, Saturn or maybe Regulus (bightest star of the Lion). I see all the times blinking stars standing out of the other stars but these are not ufo's, just planets and very bright stars (Sirius, Regulus, Arcturus, Vega, Deneb etcetera)
Oke thnx bicyclerepair man. Thats a good explanation. And most likely the best expanation. I'v readed in the parma article that your an amature astronomer. And thats also a question to the astronomer societys because they most likely know the planets possition at best. Never knew that planets could pulsating such a bright aray of colours.

But then i still can't get one thing of my mind why blink a few days and disapear?

top topics

join