It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Gas May Save Earth From The Coming Energy Crisis.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Yes! The Moon can be mined for abundant Helium-3 to be used in Fusion Reactors on Earth and Space. Is this why Bush wants to get up there again? To lay claim to the vast amounts of energy available on the Moon?

On January 14, 2004 U.S. President Bush announced a new vision for NASA that incorporated a human return to the Moon by 2020, follow-on exploration of Mars and other destinations. A recent meeting of some 200 scientists from 17 countries expects "lunar landers cooperating into an international lunar robotic village before 2014", evolving technologies for human-tended missions that prepare the ground for an "effective, affordable human lunar exploration and permanent presence by 2024."

After setting aside 8.9 million acres around Apollo 11 Lunar landing site and designated as a "World Heritage Site". The ROC team announced that it was holding more than 75% of the Lunar Mineral rights to allow for the extraction of Helium-3 and other minerals for the advancement of Space Exploration, Earth and Space Sciences and safer more efficient energy production.
www.direct.ca...

So what is Helium-3?

A potential gas source found on the moon's surface could hold the key to meeting future energy demands as the earth's fossil fuels dry up in the coming decades, scientists say. Mineral samples from the moon contain abundant quantities of helium-3, a variant of the gas used in lasers and refrigerators.

"When compared to the earth the moon has a tremendous amount of helium-3," Lawrence Taylor, a director of the US Planetary Geosciences Institute, said. "When helium-3 combines with deuterium (an isotope of hydrogen) the fusion reaction proceeds at a very high temperature and it can produce awesome amounts of energy.

Just 25 tonnes of helium, which can be transported on a space shuttle, is enough to provide electricity for the US for one full year.
www.abc.net.au...

But as some have argued, the expenditure would be enormous and therefore not cost effective. Is it true?

It has been estimated that helium 3 would have a cash value of $5.7 billion a ton in terms of its current energy equivalent to oil at

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Lear where are you!

I have heard John Lear talking bout Helium-3 for ages now.

It was Lear who said that the mining operations on the moon have been going on for a very long time and that eventally there would be some announcement stating that man is going to mine the moon and it would work as a cover up for the years and years of mining already going on up there.

Now it seems this exact scenario is starting to play out.

Could the global warming push be all a front to get man back up to the moon to get the helium-3 (which they likely already have anyway) and allow them to show all the mining sites, which although maybe 30 years old, they'll claim are new.

I mean, over the 30 years they would have had time to remove any artifacts or anomolies and make the moon news camera friendly so-to-speak.

This all stinks to me.

Once again, millions and billions of dollars are going to be spent to push technologies which STILL avoid the issue of free energy. annoying.

Anyway, nice post though. thanks

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
the government is going to come up with something sometime.
they arent going to let their country run out of resources, they are already mining the moon so they dont worry about it.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Looks like Mr Lear's comments on the moon mining situation is coming to fruition

Seems highly plausible that the pat 30 yrs have been all about clearing up the moon of alien artifacts so that eventualy the press etc can report normal stories about the mining without the hassle of trying to explain the possible alien presence there.....

Explains why no other country has attempted to go there if there is an alien presence that needs to be removed... Let the Americans Nuke it and clear it up seeing as they rule the world lol....

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
So......

.....how much "gas" is it going to take to get to the moon in order to recover this other "gas"??

I'm thinking that the amount of gas it takes to get to the moon, and back, would be greater than the amount of gas being picked up and delivered. Which would then cancel out "the point".

[edit on 7-9-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11
.....how much "gas" is it going to take to get to the moon in order to recover this other "gas"??

I'm thinking that the amount of gas it takes to get to the moon, and back, would be greater than the amount of gas being picked up and delivered. Which would then cancel out "the point".

Check out the opener. Transporting helium is pretty cost effective in the long run.

Anyway, even if it's not, do we have a choice? When there's no energy sources left on Earth, how would you keep yourself warm in winter?! Firewood? No. You'd be prepared to get that helium at any cost! And pay for it!

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

I read that, but no where does it mention the cost to launch the shuttle. It is said that it costs $450 million per mission to launch.

If a shuttle happens to be destroyed during a mission, it will cost 1.7 billion to replace the shuttle.

I don't know, maybe it IS worth it. Even though we are sitting on a free energy ball called Earth.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Anyway, even if it's not, do we have a choice? When there's no energy sources left on Earth, how would you keep yourself warm in winter?!

Says who? Plenty of alternatives available out there, and most countries are out looking for energy-independence. If this moon-gas is going to be controlled by an oligopoly like petroleum is today, I'm sure people will look for alternatives. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Besides, if global temperatures are really going up, I don't winter will be much of a problem.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The baloney alarm burst into flames.

There will be no energy crisis...the current "peak oil" crisis is merely the result of not enough available refineries and a horrible political situation in the Middle East, courtesy of the Baboon-in-Chief.

Furthermore, commercially viable fusion thru any process has not even been invented yet. There has been decades of experimentation with nothing to show for it. We may even been on a wild goose chase by pursuing fusion.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 7-9-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Oh, I like this thread. I have been busy with the subject for a while and is boundless. So a FLAG! Helium 3 has been a topic for a while now and it looks like the start of a new Moon Race. There are more countries claiming to go. I am curious who gets what and what kind of deals are going to be made.

snippet: At the 21st century's start, few would have predicted that by 2007, a second race for the moon would be under way. Yet the signs are that this is now the case. Furthermore, in today's moon race, unlike the one that took place between the United States and the U.S.S.R. in the 1960s, a full roster of 21st-century global powers, including China and India, are competing.

Alle together NOW

The Germans (and French and Brits):

Germany preparing for Moon Mission

snippet: The German space agency is reportedly preparing for a mission to the moon.
The head of the German Space Programme (DLR), Walter Doellinger, told the Financial Times Deutschland that it would be ready by 2013 to send an unmanned space shuttle to orbit the earth's only natural satellite.

The Russians:

The Plan

Russia Suspects US Plans to Monopolize Fuel from MoonRussia Suspects US Plans to Monopolize Fuel from Moon

The NASA wants to do it on their own:

BBC news No partnership with the Russians

This is all so cute. At least this must bring to light if there are any ET's around over there (or they must hide as well as on earth). With all the nations up there, you would think information about the circumstances must leak, but who knows? And will they actualy create sort of a moon war over the property? The Moon a property. It too vulgar to talk about, isn't it?

Another question: Some say that the ET"S warned us of the moon. Or this is untrue or they are gone from the moon? Or the ban is lifted due to the energy crisis down here?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This has been a topic here for awhile, here's an ATS list
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I posted a report on H3 back awhile and so have many others, very interesting subject. I think the biggest hang up is how to get the stuff back to Earth in quantifiable quantities.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pjotr
Another question: Some say that the ET"S warned us of the moon. Or this is untrue or they are gone from the moon? Or the ban is lifted due to the energy crisis down here?

Excellent post Pjotr!

Now regarding the so called aliens warning us to keep off the Moon, we've probably signed some sort of a treaty with them!!
Otherwise why the sudden rush after a gap of 35 long years? Food for thought, eh?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well if we don't have nuclear fusion than we sure know how to build big toys just to play with it.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by sherpa]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Sorry link to above:

www.sandia.gov...

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 11 11

If one shuttle load of HE3 has enough energy to power America for a full year then I think the cost is cheap compared to the reward. Look at what we spend to support NASA and compare it to what we spend importing 10 million barrels of oil a day and rising. Plus coal, nuclear, gas, hydro, solar, etc...

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

That looks remarkably like the anomaly on the moon, just much smaller in scale. Thanks for the photo.

Am I the only one that thinks it is crazy to go destroy other planetoids? I mean, we made a mess of this planet, so we decide to go and mine the others because we think we deserve to? How arrogant.

It is absolutely ignorant to claim there are no other energy sources. We don't have to mine the moon, the sun gives us TONS of energy everyday. If we developed better solar panels, if we used them more, and other natural energy sources ... there is plenty to go around. That isn't all. There are plenty of viable options on this planet, those who can make money off of mining the moon (GOV'T) and other controllable resources don't want you to consider it. Solar and wind energy they can't sell it to you by use, they can only sell you the tool to utilize it. Helium, gasoline, coal, hydrogen, etc. are resources that THEY refine, then SELL to you by the pound/gallon/KWh. It is a shame too. If money didn't exist, we might be much further advanced right now (at least publicly).

Doesn't this all reek of the miracle of nuclear power? I have been told (since I am too young) that it was claimed to be near free energy, people's electric costs would be next to nothing ... it was safe and the world would run on it.

Look where we are now ... that doesn't seem the case. Electric cost is just as high from a nuclear plant as any other ... it produces radioactive waste (why doesn't someone figure a way to capture energy from that radiation? then it would no longer be waste, but fuel), it isn't widespread, and it isn't as safe as they claimed. Whether you want to throw conspiracy in there or not is your choice.

There is one thing people are not considering ... the fact that Shuttle launches are not necessary. We have had military planes that have publicly been near the space boundary ... and they always withold the true capabilities ... it would be logical to assume, the can go to space with at least current top secret technology, if not for quite some time. The shuttle is more for appearances ... to keep the public believing what is necessary for 'security' purposes.

That is just the angle I see some of it.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist
reply to post by sherpa

That looks remarkably like the anomaly on the moon, just much smaller in scale. Thanks for the photo.

Hey, you know, now that you mentioned it, I'm starting to rethink my position about bases on the moon...

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist
reply to post by sherpa

Hey, you know, now that you mentioned it, I'm starting to rethink my position about bases on the moon...

Yes the pic that was in the Article that Sherpa posted kind of favors the pic of what John Lear says is on the moon, it's amazing really.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I don't believe there is any energy crisis. The supply and demand element of fuel leads to money and if people think the supply is running low the price will go up. 'UFO' technology is real. If the time ever comes when we no longer have these poisons we use today for fuel (hopefully soon) we will just use what powers the UFOs (No, I am not kidding).

Granted, most of the Earth's population will most likely be gone from man made causes or natural disasters so the majority of us will not get to see what it would be like to live like the Jetsons.

PS

Money is a scam that is designed to keep the common person down. Yes, one can amass wealth but it is on a scaled basis compared to those that 'do not need money'. The powerful create the money and thus have no use for it. It is a tool to burden the population.

Look at the pyramid on the back of the dollar, it is one pyramid that has no point, just a ceiling and another smaller, complete pyramid.

The social structure works in the way that the 'population' is in the lower segment of the pyramid, the richest and most wealthy of this group is at the 'top' but has hit the ceiling.

The top pyramid is the 'elite'. It is a complete pyramid with a base, middle, and a top. The top point is the leadership for the entire pyramid. The people in the upper pyramid will be what's left of society when the time comes.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
we dont need gas...there are other means and methods, but corporations etc would not thrive if they could not control how we received our energy.

It is as it is.

Hemp goes a long way.

Peace

dAlen

top topics

<<   2 >>

join