It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis and the bermuda triangle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I've always been swayed more by other ideas about Atlantis and have never come across this theory.But i've recently watched a documentary which states that some people theorize that the strange phenomena that occurs in the bermuda triangle is due to Atlantis - that some sort of powerful crystals located in atlantis draw people down.....
Has anyone else ever come across this train of thought or evidence to support it ?

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lilith
I've always been swayed more by other ideas about Atlantis and have never come across this theory.But i've recently watched a documentary which states that some people theorize that the strange phenomena that occurs in the bermuda triangle is due to Atlantis - that some sort of powerful crystals located in atlantis draw people down.....
Has anyone else ever come across this train of thought or evidence to support it ?

I have not heard of any 'crystal theory' regarding the triangle
but a couple of years ago, i saw a docu' from nat' geo,(from mem'),i'm not 2 sure,
and they reckon they proved that below the sea-floor in the triangle is like a air cube thingamabob that u see in a fish-tank.
From mem' i think the ' sea floor is like Pumice and vents
nitrogen. this causes ships to disappear because they drop
to bottom 'cause they can't float on bubbles
the theory also discussed loss of aircraft, cos the gas interferes
with air currents and the planes get pummeld by
'micro-bursts', they just drop out of the sky.
i think it was nitrogen, but i'm not 100p/c sure
the b/t sea floor is very flat and u can see high powered
speed-boats resting upright that have sunk. these were used
4 clandestine op' sorry no links

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Thats pretty interesting - thanks for the reply.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
There is definatley some odd electro magnetic anomalies in the triangle and there have indeed been mention of sightings of a pyramid that is sometimes visible deep beneath the surface of the water that has something brilliant at its tip.

Perhaps this is the reason that the great pyramid had its capstone removed.

could it be connected to Atlantis? I have always wondered that myself.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Some believe that giant crystal pyramids are under the water in that area and just the tips are visible due to the silt accumulated over thousands of years. True?

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Im quite certain that the area known as "The Burmuda Triangle" was also called the Saragasso
Sea(loosly translated into: the sea of grass), whereby many ships were lost. I believe the terrain under the water is just perfect for underwater military bases too.
If the people in charge keep us from rootin' around down there it would benifit their cause greatly.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think the Saragasso sea is further north.

As for the atlantean crystal theory, it's been around for awhile (Heard of it as a kid, probally 6,7 years old - I'm 20 now). It's bull. I think the whole Atlantis thing has worn a tad thin, but beat the dead horse more, I can't stop you...

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
This theory was talked about by Edgar Cayce he said something I think some kind of crystal the Atlantis people had was very powerful and lost in the earthquake and is presently somewhere supposedly in the Bermuda Triangle and causes some kind of magnetic field to occur that causes all the phenomena associated with the Bermuda Triangle, one of the most fascinating things about the Bermuda Trangle is if you took a globe and drew out the area of the Bermuda Triangle and then drew out the same dimensions on the other side of the world directly under the Bermuda Triangle you would have the area called the Devils Triangle just off the coast of Japan.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The whole problem with Atlantis/Bermuda triangle was that a greek philosopher first related the story to the world. If I were to look for Atlantis it would be somewhere around the Mediterranean or near the shore of Africa in the Atlantic ocean. The legend of Atlantis is older than our ability to cross the oceans. I'm not saying its impossible, but very unlikely.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This was addressed on these boards several years ago. As I recall, the theory is that there were two highly advanced civilizations: the Atlanteans were one, in the general vicinity of Bermuda, and there was another one (can't remember the name) in the general vicinity of the Philippines. In this period, the world was very different from how it is now, even having a different pole alignment. Being the only two powers in the world, they were naturally at odds, and a state of more-or-less constant war existed between the two.

Being halfway around the world posed a problem of mobilization. However, the crafty Atlanteans decided to use it to their advantage: They created a crystal, which they could use to harness tremendous amounts of energy. They pointed it toward the other civilization, which entailed sending that energy straight down through the earth. When the weapon was fired, it succeeded in its goal of destroying the other civ, but it also disrupted the Earth's internal mechanisms so much that the global changes also flooded the Atlanteans' Caribbean society, accounting for the manmade structures that have been found beneath the seas of both regions.

Now, I'm not saying I believe this, but that is the legend as far as I can recall.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
sminneman, tell your friends they just described the plot to Tomb Raider

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by elmariachi
sminneman, tell your friends they just described the plot to Tomb Raider

LOL!
I've never seen Tomb Raider, but if the plot is like this, I don't feel I've missed much!

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by elmariachi
The whole problem with Atlantis/Bermuda triangle was that a greek philosopher first related the story to the world. If I were to look for Atlantis it would be somewhere around the Mediterranean or near the shore of Africa in the Atlantic ocean. The legend of Atlantis is older than our ability to cross the oceans. I'm not saying its impossible, but very unlikely.

what are you basing your information on?
There are egyptian heiroglyphics in australia that are thousands of years old before people THOUGHT ocean travel was being done... so there goes that theory.

We really don't know much.. we just think based on what we know or are told.

Think about that.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The compass was invented long ago by the Meso-American society, which happened to sink. The gift was passed onto the Phoenician empire in the east because they were in contact with the Nation of Atlan, before the country sank. The compass had another name.

"I present for your acceptance, the breath of a stone, the spirit of a rock, even that which controls the chariots and ships of the Tsinim."

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Atlantis has I think it was three possible locations acording to different theories:
1) Bermuda Triangle (this topic)
2) Crete is the remnants of it (the suggestion about Plato's Dialogue)
3) The Mid-Atlantic (It is Atlantis...) It could have dissapeared down the mid-atlantic ridge or something.

I'm inclined to agree with the third location, although the Bermuda Triangle seems very likely to me.

Ive been a firm believer of Atlantis for ages, but it's always caused me some doubt for the Bermuda Triangle idea - why don't they try to send someone down there to take a look? If they disappear, sure - the Bermuda Triangle legend is true. If they don't, then they should be able to have a scuba or something and look for Atlantis.

As for the whole crystal thing, I was never sure - I always thought that they had one big crystal, not lots of little ones. Anyone clarify?

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRenegade
Atlantis has I think it was three possible locations acording to different theories:
1) Bermuda Triangle (this topic)
2) Crete is the remnants of it (the suggestion about Plato's Dialogue)
3) The Mid-Atlantic (It is Atlantis...) It could have dissapeared down the mid-atlantic ridge or something.

I'm inclined to agree with the third location, although the Bermuda Triangle seems very likely to me.

Ive been a firm believer of Atlantis for ages, but it's always caused me some doubt for the Bermuda Triangle idea - why don't they try to send someone down there to take a look? If they disappear, sure - the Bermuda Triangle legend is true. If they don't, then they should be able to have a scuba or something and look for Atlantis.

As for the whole crystal thing, I was never sure - I always thought that they had one big crystal, not lots of little ones. Anyone clarify?

Rene'
RE: Question 2: Plato
You should research Socrates about #2. I don't mean any
dis', but Plato was brain-washed.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
atlantis is not in the bermuda triangle, the bermuda triangle was made by a big comet called the dinosaur killer. that is why it is deep.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think that you could be right. I heard that Atlantis used crystals. Also I heard that on the exact opposite position of the Bermuda triangle there is another one in the south China Sea.

I'm not ture sure if it is true.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAD Canadian
I think that you could be right. I heard that Atlantis used crystals. Also I heard that on the exact opposite position of the Bermuda triangle there is another one in the south China Sea.

I'm not ture sure if it is true.

i read a theory that Atlantis, was a city on the greek
archipeligo. it was in a 'dry' lagoon that sunk during
an e/q. The sea then breached the lagoon. i'm open
minded on Atla'. The Arche' found a copper coin
that was minted with a trident. but the trident was
widely used on curr' back then... like heaps of places

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i watched this tv show a long time ago... but some divers went diving somewhere (I forgot) but they found stones resembling steps on the bottom.

Probably not really helpful seeing as how I don't remember any details.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join