It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jennifers Prophecies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Spirit Daily Article

More messages here

A housewife in the midwest claims to hear the voice of God. 'Locutions' is the technical word used by the Church when people authentically hear God speaking to them (as opposed to 'crazy' - the word most of us use to describe those who hear voices).

Seriously .. she says she hears God and that He has messages and has told her what is about to happen.

- Volcanos awaken - both on land and in the sea.
- massive earthquakes
- massive war
- nations crumble
- economics in ruin
- darkness (kinda sounds like the three days of darkness from Garabandal)

There is more. Click on the link to read the article.
I'm not promoting .. I'm just reporting to ya'll so you can discuss it.

[edit on 9/6/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Charlatan?
I cannot even guess how many deluded individuals are at this very moment in time claiming to have a message for humanity spoken from a divine source.
Well it seems that this lady has been fortunate to be chosen as Gods mouthpiece to warn of impending doom and gloom yet to happen.
How damned tiresome is this?
No doubt this lady, Jennifer, has gained attention in the Christian community and I assume some sort of Chrisitian celebrity status from this unlikely claim. She must be centre stage in her Church and had countless offers to attend televised religious channels and programmes.
The converted will hang on her every word and the gullible will swell the congregation.
This is show business U.S. style nothing more and nothing less. On her heels will be the religious parasites ushering her on to attend tv/radio interviews, write paperback books and sell her story to the newshounds.
Fame (all be it short) at last!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
- Volcanos awaken - both on land and in the sea.
- massive earthquakes
- massive war
- nations crumble
- economics in ruin
- darkness (kinda sounds like the three days of darkness from Garabandal)

I too believe that all of these will eventually happen somewhere on this planet, someday. Not really prophecy, imo, just the natural order of things.

:shrugs:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The problem i have with these claims is the lack of accompanieng miricles.Like the children of Fatima for exampl.They were filmed doing extrodinary things like walking quickly backward in unisom and eyes not being affected while bright lights shone in them,etc.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
in other news, the sun will set tonight and rise again approximately 12 hours later. worship me now.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Duh... She obviously steps outside the network news and frequents the alternative news on the net. Big deal, although she is a doom and gloomer nothing astounding or earth shattering. I guess for her crowd it can be new news.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I am a Christian, and I do not think these are prophecies. These things are inevitable, I mean look at the news, you will see US talking about a possible war with Iran, the US stock market dropping in points, disasters and such.
It is now the matter of what is coming we should be so concerned about, but the when. People can predict these things to happen, if you look and search on the internet you will see many people predicted these things.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I seem to recall that she passed away recently while trying to have a child. i could be wrong but I think that is the case.

She is very significant in some Catholic circles in the way that Sarah Menet is significant in some Mormon circles.

There are specific prophecies and to my eye they do not appear to be just musings from someone listening to Art Bell, Whitley Strieber, George N., Ian Punnett and others. There is more theological meat to them.

There are some resemblances in the kinds of prophecies to Nancy Fowler of Conyers, Georgia one of whose most frightening visions was of Chinese Communist troops on the streets of San Diego -- if I recall that correctly.

[edit on 6/9/07 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by anglosaxon
I assume some sort of Chrisitian celebrity status from this unlikely claim.

At this point no celebrity status .. very few have heard of her and she withholds her last name so as to keep focus on the 'messages' instead of her.

You are right though .. lots of the fakes go for the fame. It's an easy way to spot them. The rotten fruits and all.

Originally posted by Xfile
They were filmed doing extrodinary things like walking quickly backward in unisom

That was Garabandal, not Fatima. But yes, Fatima did have many 'signs'. They seemed positive. Garabandal ... there were supernatural signs but IMHO they weren't heavenly.

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
I seem to recall that she passed away recently while trying to have a child.

Really? Wow. I'll have to take a look around and see what I can find on that. I haven't heard of this 'Jennifer' before .... so it's all new to me.

Nancy Fowler of Conyers, Georgia

Oh .. I've read that stuff. Conyers = complete fake .. IMHO. The 'messages' contradicted each other and there were reports of occult happenings with Nancy Fowler. I actually went to one of the 'apparitions'. I found it to be a circus, and the people involved to be less than believable. - but that's my opinion.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Another 'seer' that missed the Swine Flu epidemic. And yet another 'seer' that we can cross off our watch lists. I'm telling ya .. the numbers of people who make predictions out there and who are wrong are staggering!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Flyers, honestly, while I do believe there are some "disastrous" things coming our way. I am tired of the fear mongering. Yes, there is a "cleansing" coming. Yes, many will perish. However, I don't believe in the "whole annihilation" theory that such "prophets" are portending. I'm sorry, I just don't.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This is the way I use to tell a wannabe from the real deal (if you can't feel the power behind the words).

Namely if all they go on about are material phenomena - earthquakes and volcanoes and tidal waves and blah blah blah, then I dismiss them. Who gives a crap? They mean nothing, and there's less you can do about them, and it's what a mind wrapped in the material will construct to try and gather attention. It's the lowest form of attention grabbing - create fear in others. There's even a little story about it, the boy who cried wolf

On the other hand, if they have an aspect to their predictions that talks about higher values, then i ponder what they have to say to see if it rings true.

top topics

join