It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human-Animal Embryos A Step Closer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I didn't see this posted up, if so, please delete.
I find this article interesting, what ever your opinion on whether we should be doing this or not, what are the implications and consequences of doing this?

Scientists will have to destroy the embryos when they are less than 14 days old, and they will be banned from implanting them in a womb.

Below you can see a human embryo at 2 weeks, for comparison.

Image Source.

What would an animal/human hybrid look like, would it even develop/survive?

"Not only are we creating this embryo for destructive experiments, but we are further demeaning it by giving it a non-human parent."

The article does say they remove most of the animal DNA, but what results would you get by doing this?

Link.

**Found a more recent thread about the same subject here.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by Denied]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
better jumping power? Or maybe be able to grow a utter? I dunno what will happen, and we will not know unless they were able to more research into the DNA effects. They are only growing to a certain point then only the stem cells are used and embryo discarded. But if left to grow fully, would be intresting to see the outcome.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I say they should do it...I think us humans are in quite a predicament with our social and political landscape stuck in very old ways. We're going to need all the science we can get to get out of it! This type of experimentation will help reverse-engineer the human brain, and help us learn more about biological processes, leading to increased understanding.

join