It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banned Names in The Last 24 Hours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Iv been noticing that there ahve been banned people that have been active in the last 24 hour thing at the bottom. Iv been seeing this alot...are the mods signing into them every once and a while so that their accounts dont get deleted? or is it just some sort of glitch?

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
No idea. Maybe the way the software manages banned members is similar to some similar stuff I wrote in the past. If so, the member enters their name and password. The system checks them (and registers the attempt), notes they are banned and boots them.

Just my opinion, based on some of the programs I wrote for a Vax system in the 90's.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Theyve also been signed in....i just saw GovConspiracy signed in for a little while....

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The sequence of events in the XMB code updates a user's "last active" date before it checks their banned status. The list at the bottom is a query of all "last active" dates that are in the past 24 hours. The only recently banned user is GovConpiracy.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

I think it was an admin thing. His custom title has been changed to reflect his seperate identities he assumed here. D.B., and J.L.P. I would bet ATS points on it.
Let's say.....250 pts.

EDIT: Darn. Looks like I just lost 250 pts after SkepticOverlords answer.

EDIT 2.0 : Read SkepticOverlords answer again carefully. The banned member attempts a login. The code updates the last login timestamp. Then the system realizes they are banned and denies their ignorance.

[Edited on 1-18-2004 by darklanser]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Still doesnt explain why some have been signed in....

Edit.....could be DarkLanser....anyone wanna counterbet?

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Still doesnt explain why some have been signed in....

Sorry, you're too close from the truth. I've to act now and it's YOUR fault.

" UP grabbing his sniper rifle, sighting dreamland, holding his breath and BANG !!!!!!! "

Report police will said : " An ATS poster has comitted a suicide. Nothing special. "

Case closed.

top topics

join