It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts, Spirits, Aliens, or Neural Disorder?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I posted this in a related thread a few years ago, but nobody bothered to reply to it, Iguess I must have been off topic or something. So I would like to start its own thread and get some opinions.

Read:

I dont know if this has any relevance, and I dont recall if any family members passed at either time. No close relative passed that i recall, I imagine some distant cousin or somthing may have passed during either of these occurances.

Anyhow, the first occurance was experienced by my mother, she told me about it when i was about 14 I believed her at first but then gradually thought she was full of it over time.

When she was in her mid to late 20's, I was about 5 to 8 yrs old, around that time in the middle of the night she woke up and couldnt move, like there was a very very very heavy weight on every inch of her body pressing her into the bed, not crushing her, but almost like her body was 500 times heavier and muscles 500 times weaker, she could not move, she said that it felt like it was some kind of being holding her down, I dont recall how long she said it lasted, but not long, maybe 5 minutes or so, and again, I dont recall, but I dont think she saw anything.

Now fast forward about 20 years, Im in my mid to late 20's (I think I was 26 at the time, I'm 29 now)

I was in my room, at around 11pm, I fell asleep watching tv, then at around 1am I woke up feeling a presence in my room, once I opened my eyes I immediately saw something, and to tell you the truth I dont recall if it was black, or white, but it was one of the two, it was large, and was shaped much like what ladyspirit guide saw, about 7 feet long and shaped in a triangular fashion, like a whirlwind, and right at the point that I opened my eyes I saw it on the cieling like it was laying on the cieling as if it were the floor and right when i opened my eyes it swooped down at me in a curving motion, when I opened my eyes it was about centered above my feet, then it swooped and curved to directly over me and faded the closer it got until it was gone all together, it was very fast, like all within 1 second, this leads me to believe that it very well could have been just my eyes playing tricks.

I'm not done yet

I remember ATTEMPTING to flinch when it dove at me, but my body would not respond, like it diddnt recieve any commands from my brain, it felt like something was holding me still without touching me, every inch of my body. But if I tried and concentrated very very hard I could lift a finger for a second, or move my toes slowly, but never for more than a second or two, and unlike my mothers situation, mine lasted for what felt like close to an hour, and the whole time I was overwhelmed with the feeling of needing sleep (I diddnt originally fall asleep because I was tired, I just passed out because I was in that perfect comfort spot, you all know what Im talking about
). Eventually I passed out, and woke up early the next morning with full motor functions.

Now the only different thing with my situation, is I saw something that very well could have been my eyes playing tricks, and it diddnt feel like a heavy weight for me like it did for my mother. Now the only difference in our beds, hers was and oldschool late 70's early 80's mattress, Mine was a queen waterbed, so the beds had a huge difference, not sure if that has any significance or effect on whatever was holding me.

After reading through the previous replies, it shows that alot of you are very open minded and accepting of these stories, that is why I posted, maybe someone else has had this kind of experience. I've only ever told my mother about this, nobody else. She kind of passed it off like she diddnt want to talk about it.

OH and not sure if this has any significance, but my mother was a Wiccan from her late teens to mid 20's, I dont know anything about this wicca stuff

[edit on 4-9-2007 by jmcivor]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
One simple explanation, you were dreaming. I don't dream much myself, but have had dreams before where it felt like I was awake, but I wasn't. This would cause you to feel you can't move, not because you can't, but because you're asleep.

Not saying that's what happened, just one possibility.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Another explanation would be (I forgot the name of it) basically what happens to some people is they wake up but your body is still dreaming/sleeping. That could be another theory as I've heard people get pretty vivid hallucinations and they can't move either.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis is the phrase I think you are looking for, and yea, I think that could be it, I doubt it was a dream because dreams tend to switch "topic" quickly with me, I was awake for close to an hour, or so it felt. The TV was on but on a static late night channel (the color bars). My bed (waterbed) was pretty warm, I used to keep it nice and warm.

top topics

join