It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VeriChip chipping 200 Alzheimer's patients for RFID VeriMed trials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
www.engadget.com...

Maybe it's our inevitable future, but we still can't help but feel a bit icky at the thought of VeriChip implanting VeriMed RFID chips into 90 volunteers suffering from Alzheimer's. The two-year trial program, VeriMed Patient Identification Project, will involve 200 patients, and apparently so far everybody is pretty upbeat about the idea. We first heard about this a couple months ago, but it seems things are really ramping up. The chips are designed to manage the records of the patients and their caregivers, and VeriChip is confident that it'll be growing into other "high-risk patient categories" soon.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Was this a legit trial, or did the patients not know what they were doing...

In case people don't know what that disease is its where older people forget a lot of things as they get older.. hence the words "your senile"..

Cause if not that is screwed up.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
appear to all be volunteers

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You do know alzheimer patients cant remember the same day let alone volunteer for something...

I would guess they said yes with no recollection any anything after that..

of they duped them into doing this and forgot about it 2 minutes later.

Seems like taking advantage of someone to me..

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
While I am of a different religion, I agree with Sarah Menet, the Mormon seer, who names the VeriChip and RFID chips as being from the evil one. Definitely the work of the devil in tracking and controlling people, and starting with the most vulnerable in society to "test" this on is also an indicator of how nefarious this project is.

Whether one agrees or not that it is diabolical, it is definitely a means through which Police States can control, tax, control, punish, control, and imprison an entire populace.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i've been following verichip closely since it went public, this isn't really that controversial in itself, but just another detail in the larger image.

imagine the chips starting with the old, and moving younger. at what point is it 'voluntary' to chip your child? 18? 16? Puberty?

who knows when, but eventually it could be accepted to just put a chip into a toddler, or pre-teen as if it were getting a booster shot.

Without getting too far off topic, i firmly believe that the majority of RFID actions (as far as integrating with government / law enforcement) will all be revolving around child-abuse, kidnapping and molestation cases. That's the other thing I look out for on the news, especially regarding how much is assumed by these news anchors, which create the lynch mob mentality that would ultimately make a verichip sound like a really good idea.

top topics

join