It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! HL 2 is a gift but CD key in use!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
My moms boyfriend gave me Half-life 2 as a gift, however, it is still instaled on his comp. he cant get it of because of a computer crash( his comp wont turn on for some reson) am i screwed? please help. it is pissing me of i cant play it. thanks.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
You need to either register the game with his name, or have whomever registered the game call the manufacturer to get the game switched. The company should help you out. They can either solve the issue through e-mail, or even the phone. Most companies are more than happy to help out.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
take a picture of the case and CD code and send it to support
they will cancel it and you can then reg it in your name.
also tell them the scenario

and when you do get it sorted
tell me so i can hand your ass on a silver platter on CS

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
cmon guiz dont get legal on the guy and stuff^^
man type hl2 cd-key on google or sometin usualy codes come up without having to click on those sites full of viruses
or just go to some torrent site,find hl2 and look the info there should be a cd-key

but well if its a gift all legal and stuff then u have the right to get the game changed so u can play online and blablabla

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol

its against TC to promote iligal activity
and so on.

so you should really edit that part out

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Haha i think i shall try, and as to the silver plater, please hurry, i have missed my ass teribly and would like it back. i shall post here when i get it fixed but if u miss it my name on cs and such is Mr. Amazing, however, i am sumething of a chronic noob, oh, wellp practice makes perfect!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Email steam support and ask them to reset the key and show some proof. Also if your moms boyfriend has a steam account ask him for his account name. It's tied to the account not the key.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by superevoman

get sorted fast since i will be at uni soon
so i wont have the time to hand it back

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
cmon guiz dont get legal on the guy and stuff^^
man type hl2 cd-key on google or sometin usualy codes come up without having to click on those sites full of viruses
or just go to some torrent site,find hl2 and look the info there should be a cd-key

but well if its a gift all legal and stuff then u have the right to get the game changed so u can play online and blablabla

bad idea and a waste of time, any cd-key you find online will probably be in use..

most PC games will let you install the game with the in use cd-key but more often than not you won't be able to compete in multi player

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Dude how many of you actually own hl2?

Use his STEAM login ID and PASSWORD

and guess what?

TADA!!!!! IT WILL WORK RAWR!!!!!!

the cdkey is registered to his username and pw if he has installed it before so yeaaah... there ya go.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I've done this before.

My friend purchased HL 2 and Portal and I wanted to play them.

So, he gave me his Steam Login information and I was able to download it to my PC.

Just get his Steam Account Information, and you'll be able to download it to the computer.

Try it.

new topics

top topics

join