It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mans Science Vs. Nature Wisdom, or something much more deep ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
LOL... Where do people get these ideas from?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Where do you think that you came from ?

Originally posted by AncientVoid
LOL... Where do people get these ideas from?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus_Brandon

um.. clearly from my the reproductive organs of my parents... just like every single other person on the planet

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
ok long post.. bare with me.

"did god create evil"
"did god create illness"

no to all.

here is why, what did the big bang create? did it create evil? did it create illness and death, did it create politics, did it create cancer? no.
it simply created, all that is interpreted thereafter is out of its hands.

the creator [god or big bang] simply creates, and does not govern.
[despite god giving its book of laws, no one has ever been struck by lighting by "god" for stealing, cheating, or killing; its man who carry out their prosecutions]

did your mother give birth to you? did she give you your illnesses[mental , physical] you suffer from today ? did your mother look after you when you were a baby?, did she love you? did she ever yell at you? did she ever let you make some mistakes? did she ever try to tell you what to do? did she make sure you felt better when you were sick? did she ever tell you you sicken her, was she ever so mad at you? did she do something that made you give up your relationship?
is she good or evil?
philosophically, it is man biggest flaw to be constantly looking for answers. we cannot accept. we are afraid to accept, its against our nature. we question all, and we justify it.
guess what species is the most conscious of death, guess what species get sick the most, guess what species is the most confused in this eternal chaos we call life. guess what species will continue to be.
this article is flawed on so many levels. and psychologically, instilling a wrong idea about god and evolution-ism.
the single and only human trait that science has no answer for, nor can prove, the only sensory motive science cannot explain, the most difficult to understand and develop human trait, is ironically the one that binds man to god. faith.
but if it [faith] exist, is it not real? can science deny its existence [when it exists, can science see or feel it or study it?]? if no, then science cannot deny or refute the existence of god. because if you acknowledge the existence of a trait that you cannot prove true or false [faith]; the trait that binds man to his deity, a trait no science can deny or prove, but accepts its existence, then how can you deny god exist when you cannot prove it true or false.
countless deities in this world, deities divided amongst 6 billion souls.
each of whom who have faith. you see, all humans share common traits like fear, sensitivity, egotisms, happiness, but not all humans can say they have "faith" -in a deity. and faith is the only one that is not chronicled or have scientific studies as extensive as fear, sensitivity etc.
Man will always suffer from a "short man complex" when it comes to submitting to god or one creator [big bang included]. even those who believe in big bang theories cannot let it rest. they want to prove that it is actually how it happen, they want to "See it". despite their beliefs deeply rooted in it. we build machines [hubble] to look back, and create studies to prove to themselves that in fact their big bang theory is what created them. yet, if they had faith, they would simply believe in the big bang and go one with their lives and live better lives. that is what differs a person who believes in religion and someone who believes in science.
---

and to those of you who say this single article article "opened your eyes" you are fools and need help. because this is the most complex question that will ever plague humanity. and in no way a single post on some forum should be your deciding point... you mind is weak, weaker than people who believe in religion just "because" and cannot answer why. just like that young man in this article/story.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by omi_kron_gravitron]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
and that professor should not be teaching phylosophy.

the basis of phylosophy is to not be as absent minded and bias, as he seem to be.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Am I to take it that anyone who doesn't have 'God in their heart' is evil? How is a good man who doesn't believe in God explained?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
T
If you support this students statements than repost.

God in heaven won't mind if you do or don't.

God ain't in heaven. God is in you.

but anyway, good story. The only thing I would say is that evil is the absence of an awareness of God.

evil only exists when you are unaware of your own divinity and the divinity of others.

nobody that is aware of "god within" goes and drops a bomb on another living being, rapes, or otherwise harms. not gonna happen

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I am so glad that some have came in and helped me with the discussion no matter what side of the fence you are on ... believe that there is a deity out there or that you were basically evolved after millions of billions of years.

I would like to think that I could evolve or maybe my kids, kids could; you know maybe have some gills or so forth. =-)

Anyways, HOWEVER you think about it ... everyone in life has had some sort of run in with Faith. Whether it be knowing that going outside lightning wouldn't hit you as a kid just because your momma told you so ... or faith in your teacher when she/he said the sky is blue ...

You know .. as I think about it you can't learn without having faith in your teacher ... HMMMMM interesting thought ...

YOU CANNOT LEARN WITHOUT HAVING FAITH IN THE ONE THAT IS LEARNING YOU .

Is this true ??

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Oh yeah ... and my powerful god cannot be inside me because if he was inside this HUMAN body that we think is all amazing and things. When really god is looking at us and saying that is just a temporary body that I provided for you ... ... I bet he is amazed at our stupidity ... I have felt the Holy spirit before ... yet, if I was to ever feel god himself I don't think my earthly body could handle it .... This is not my home !

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I am 66 years of age and have spent many years studying religions, the old and new testament of the Bible King James version and how the bible applies to 21st century knowledge. I find most people who post notices on religion have never read the old testament from Genesis to Milaki. With the knowledge of this the 21st century, a person has to question the bible. Religious scholars say that Genesis chapter 1 verse 1 goes back only , perhaps 2000 years before the birth of Christ. Humanoid bones have been unearthed that date back perhaps two to three million years ago. The old testament leaves out the ice age and the pre-historic age. Current science using the Hubble telescope and other telescopes,etc., reach almost to the "Big Bang" or several billion years ago. It has now been calculated that there are 27 sextillion stars out there. Planets are being discovered with some of those stars. Did the "God" who created everything leave the creation to chance while He came to our earth to supervise the developement of humonids to our present selfs? There are supernovas, exploding galaxies, black holes, and other events happening in the galaxies. If there is intelligent life on other planets of other stars, the earth will be surprised to learn we are not his favorite planet. Like many christians I was brought up to believe in all the bible taught, until science and the 21st century knowledge opened my eyes and mind.We are no longer living in the dark ages. Computers have opened up a world of knowledge to us.In India, the belief is in Buda. In Iraq and that region the belief is in Allah and the Koran. In Israel, the devoute Jew believes Jesus was not the son of God. On and on. Before signing off, I request all to open their minds to Infinity. Before the "Big Bang" did God live in total darkness for ever and ever for infinity? Which brings up the thought of "dark matter' that scientists are questioning. Or is there a parallel universe that "God" lives in?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
Where do you think that you came from ?

What does that have to do with Dinosaurs running up montains? First they wouldn't run up there, because the air is even more thnniner up there.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by AncientVoid]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There are many different theories ... about when did the humans form a language ? Just because they are writings on stones or so foth does that mean that there had to be language ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join