It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occult Memories in Georgia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I hesitate to post this story here, I’m not much on revealing the stranger aspects of who I am, but after reading a thread here yesterday about mind control and a conversation I had last night I feel compelled to seek input.

I was born in Georgia in the middle 60s, the youngest of four and the youngest of seventeen grandkids. My father was a WWII vet and my grandfather (my mother’s father), a mason, was a WWI vet. My father rubbed shoulders with shady folks and politicians.

I grew up in alcoholism and abuse and although I have no memory of sexual abuse, I was a sexualized young kid. I had imaginary playmates that seemed quite real, one was good and protected me, and the other was mean, big and harassed me.

I also remember at four years old, hating my father with such fervor it didn’t seem possible to come from my little body. And above all else during this period of imaginary friends and hatred, I have a strange memory. For years I’ve only mentioned it to a couple people, because it is so out there, but I remember some kind of frightening ritual with fire and people in robes, in a clearing in the woods late at night.

Over the years I’ve tossed it back and forth in my mind, was it a memory or something I saw on television? I guess that was one reason I didn’t mention it much, I mean I was four, it could have been some strange sixties movie I saw and there were a lot of them back then.

Last night I was talking to my cousin and she was telling me about a church camp she went to when she was eight with my siblings (at the time I was four and she said I was at home). She talked about how scared she was and how my sister took care of her during the two week retreat in Elberton, Ga. The camp was put on by The Harvest Church. And then she began telling me about a ritual where a boat comes across the lake with candles or some sort of fire on it. This was the final night of camp and my cousin said my sister was in the boat, because my sister was older (13). My cousin’s memory was rather spotty, but she remembered fear. And later she seemed to recall that I was there for this ritual.

As she’s telling me this story, my stomach does a huge flip and the hair at the back of my neck stood on end. And I don’t have any concrete memories to confirm why. She also mentioned the name of the preacher, which jolted me again. We lived in Ga. at the time of this camp, but coincidentally, when we moved to SC, the name of the preacher was the same as the name of the man who ran the funeral home where both my sister (at 18 in 1974) and my son (at 18 in 2002) had their funerals. Both died in accidents, my sister as a passenger in a car, my son as a pedestrian, both in autumn, both in the same part of town, a few miles apart.

Stranger still, in the investigation after my son’s death, I was asking if they would trace the vehicle that hit him through his blood still being on the vehicle and the investigator said, “There was no blood.” And oddly, when my sister died, I remember some similar statement by the investigators.

You don’t have to go too far on the Internet these days to learn of a myriad of ritual abuse stories, Satanism and Bohemian Grove type places. When I began looking into the Skull and Bones and Bohemian Grove theories I noticed some personal coincidences. The first being an accident of birth in that I was born on 322nd day of the year, but there is a stranger one.

Although I come from a long line of vets and service men going back to the Revolutionary War, no one is tattooed. But I always knew I would get a tattoo and I always knew it would be an owl. Owls are in no way my favorite animal, I like turtles and damn near every mammal, except goats, but at 28, pissing off my middle class family, I got a tattoo on my back. At the time, I explained it as a road mark, “So I can remember where I have been.” When I saw the Owl Logo for Bohemian Grove a couple years ago, the similarities between it and the one on my back blew my mind.

When I have attempted to do any real study into mind control programs funded by the government, I have gotten sick or overwhelmed in a strange way that is hard to explain. And I do understand that growing up as I did, abuse and brain washing go hand and hand. I have come a long way from where I was when I walked out of my father’s house at 17 and maybe the challenges I face are not from some exotic, ritual abuses, but simply good, old fashioned child abuse.

Although there has always been an inkling in the back of my mind that something very strange happened when I was a child, there are some things you just can’t dwell on too often and stay sane, so I probably wouldn’t have written this if not for the conversation last night. So I guess I am asking if anyone has some insight or any knowledge about rituals in Ga. I know someone built the Georgia Guide Stones in Elberton, but I believe that was after our camp experience. And I figure when curious, it’s best to ask questions, although I don’t feel I can ask my family as they are fundamental Christians.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Hey folks, I know there are some educated guys here, I'm looking for some feedback, somebody with experience or a clue as to what may have occured here. I can say with absolute certainity that I do not have much of a clue, so whatever tidbits you may be able to offer would be helpful.

I read a lot about those who have been choosen must possess a comeliness about them and although after my sister passed, I gained a lot of weight, in retrospect, I saw that weight as protection then and even now, I fall into that safety. I wonder about these things and since I opened myself up for comments, I want to hear from you guys.

And since I have put it on the table, I have more questions about strange experiences. I know I am not alone with this odd stuff, I've read too many threads on various forums. Speak up folks, I am interested in what you have to say.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vikturtle

Hey, just want to thank you for sharing, i've never experienced such a thing, but i'm sure coming out with this was no small feet for you.

As for this being a real memory, well, only you can be the judge of that. I will say however, this kind of ritualistic abuse happens alot. Most of the time, i imagine, it goes unreported, but nevertheless, there are tons of reported cases. Its usually written off as false memory syndrome, which is, in my opinion, absolutely ludicrous.

Sorry i can't be of more help to you, maybe somebody else on here will have more valuable advice.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hey there thanks for the info. The weird sickness you get when learning and remembering is part a program, its very common it manifests in a lot of different ways depending on the programmers.

here is the link to some audio you may find entertaining and informative. sometimes it helps to know there are people that talk about this stuff like its old news. It helps keep perspective. stay strong.

www.thebyteshow.com...
zephnet.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
While the Guidesones were, in fact, built after your experiences, I would suggest the idea that their presence could be evidence to back your theory that you may have been exposed to the occult in that area of Georgia.

Let me explain. My girlfriend and I often go to Lake Hartwell during the summer to ski and whatnot. After first learning about the existence of the Guidestones, we decided to make a trip over to Elberton one day while at the lake. What happened there seemed quite strange, but I'll skip the details.

Basically, after being at the Guidestones by ourselves for about 15 minutes, a man pulled up in a truck with his girlfriend and two young kids. He was a local, and he told us to be careful there and not to come out there at night, that questionable people often go there at night and strange things happen, and that it can be dangerous. He also mentioned that some bad things happened just after the Stones were constructed, such as around 6 or 7 houses in the immediate area burned down. But he really stressed that we not go there at night and that they were "bad luck", and my girlfriend and I agreed afterwards that he really didn't seem to be messing around. He was serious about it.

Now I know that doesn't directly address any of your experiences as a child, but I'll tell you this... after our only experience in Elberton, at the Guidestones, we are convinced that strange things, probably cult activities, must go on in that area. I mean it is in the middle of nowhere. And why else would a complete stranger be so adamant about making sure we understand that it is not a good idea to return there at night?

One more thing, to affirm the suspicions...

The hole that you see in the stone was drilled in the Center Stone so that the North Star could be visualized through it at any moment. This was one of several requirements stipulated by R.C.Christian for the building of the American Stonehenge and reflects his obsession with the alignment of the stars, the sun, and the moon. Occultists often worship the alignment and movement of heavenly bodies as part of their religious ceremonies.
www.radioliberty.com...

I wish I could help shed some light onto why these things may have happened or why you have these memories, but evidence that the occult likely exists in that part of Georgia is all that I can really offer. Hopefully some others may have some more solid ideas. It sounds like you've been through quite a bit, regardless of what it was that actually happened that triggered your unsettling memories. I hope you can find some answers.

[edit on 2007/9/4 by evilod]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Thanks for responding guys. And yea, Meatclown, it wasn't easy putting this out there, slept like crap last night, kept feeling like I had revealed too much and today I feel pretty ill.

Evilod, thanks for the information about the Guide Stones and the perspective of actually having seen them. Georgia is a beautiful state, but there are some places that are just creepy, I'm sure it's that way everywhere, though.

Amenti, thanks for the links. I will check them out once I feel better.

Sometimes I wonder if reality is layered, I'm pretty well adjusted, but I do have a lot of strange coincidences and synchronicities. Makes you wonder whats on the other side that we are not supposed to see. I have to say when I discovered that the preacher and the funeral director had the same name I felt like I just fell into a Stephen King novel.

If the way I feel today is any indication, I guess I will just have to take it slow and look at it in tidbits of time. But I'm still interested in any more info concerning rituals in Georgia.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
one of the things that has me questioning the sincerity of this post is the fact that you talk about your hesitation to share and then the possible feelings of regret in sharing...and yet you posted this here and on GLP. im not a member of GLP however i look at what is being talked about there ever so often and i find that this same post was posted on there today....hmmmmm?? this by no means is an attempt by myself to suggest that you dont have a right to post there. however the glp crowd tends to consist of attention seekers in its vast majority.

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
DigitalGrl, I posted it because I took the time to write it, I posted it in a couple places because I wanted feedback, I am curious if others have similiar experiences.

It's been in my head for years and the story my cousin shared woke up the desire to know if others had any input, I won't learn anything new keeping it locked away.

I figured the chance that I may be attacked and torn down would be equal on any forum. As far as sincerity, revealing oneself is never easy, but in most cases it is worth it, if I let fear rule my life I would have never accomplished anything.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikturtle

I want to say, Stay Strong. I also want to say don't let fundamentalist Christians turn you off to Christ. The power of Christ and the love of Christ could help you immeasurably walk through all of this.

I know there are some regression therapists who do have specific background in dealing with these issues, but I no longer know who to recommend. But I can offer you my sincerest best wishes for your search and journey, and I will pray that all good will come from whatever you discover and from coming to understand where you have been.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Follwing ATS since many years, I notice how stories like this pop up, are responded to by believers/confirmers and disbelievers/debunkers and then the respective thread kind of burns out and falls into silence...without any follow up, without conclusion, without gaining new insight, data and knowledge.

so I think many of us, me included, have become wary of investing time and energy into a story that leads nowhere. For it to lead somewhere I think it simply has to be investigated. if this causes sickness or overwhelm, you will have to do it slowly and gently.

but what I generally propose is this: visiting your childhood places live and in person and allowing memories (pieces of the puzzle) to come up...eventually and gradually. And assembling the puzzle pieces from there.

This type of investigation would be in your interest but not only in yours, it would be in the interest of the entire forum here and in the interest of humanity.

what do you think?

as for the so-called "false memory syndrome", I dont believe in "false memories". I believe in what you called "various layers of reality". This means that we can, imo, experience many different layers of reality but will only remember them when we are in a similar state of mind as we were when the event happened. example: a drunkard usually doesnt remember what he did when he was drunk, but he does remember it when he gets drunk again. I believe we can and do entirely forget things that happened and have the ability to remember things we had completely forgotten.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Thanks you. I do follow Christ, but I do not go to church, I just feel incredibly uncomfortable in churches.

I would not go for any regressive therapy, I don't like the idea of people getting in my head because I just don't trust that they have honorable intentions. I guess posting on forums is therapy in it's own way.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I would neither go to church (christianity is the indirect origin of satanism) nor to conventional therapy (with their FMS). Id meditate a lot, take good care of myself, talk to other people who have gone through the same thing and research for conclusion.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I understand that folks get tired of stories that lead no where, who wouldn't? And actually my husband and I were talking last night about going and checking out the guide stones, see if it brings anything up. I wouldn't know any way to investigate this except to ask questions and as you said, go to the old places and feel what I feel.

I guess I am really curious if others have this type of memory, it does seem rather achetypal... I've even wondered at times if it could be some sort of past life thing.

Oh yeah, I stay away from therapist, some of them are scarier than the memory.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I would neither go to church (christianity is the indirect origin of satanism)

*sigh*
This coming from someone who a few days ago was perplexed that the idea of Satan came thousands of years before Christianity.

posted on 28-8-2007 @ 05:11
and its understood that without christianity there would be no satanism, right?

posted on 28-8-2007 @ 10:54
what I dont quite understand is your comment that satan predates christianity by a couple of years. could you clarify?

Oddly, although this skyfloating person has a grudge against Christians, I agree with them in a way they didnt intend, that is that most churches today dont understand or are unwilling to deal with this complex issue. and as you seem to have found, churches often, and increasingly, can be infiltrated and controlled by the abusers themselves.

It is a shame that the world, and the hearts of us men have forgotten the simple truths that Jesus was and taught. and that this issue is exactly the kind of thing Jesus was telling his people to fight, yet they lost their way, I am not altogether convinced they didnt have a tremendous amount of help losing it either.

I would be VERY cautious about therapists as well only because they have been brought through a system that is geared more to reporting the accuser and protecting the accused. you can draw your own conclusions about why that is, but they are victims of their academic hierarchy.

Just learn, and take it at your own pace. but be aware that if you are a multiple, you may have 'spiritual baggage' , lets say, and you may be pulled to things via various seemingly innocuous "syncranicities" that may be the direct opposite of the help you need. keep in mind the reason so many of the people like you have remained in the closet so to speak is because the programing worked, you did what you were expected to do when the programing broke down and ultimately THEY won. in orderfor YOU to win you must do what they didnt expect, what you weren't supposed to do.

two cents

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Amenti]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Amenti: well, if you remember what some other poster said days ago, I give you credit for paying attention to other ATS members.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Skyfloating]

join