It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(United Kingdom) Police Can Shoot Children With Stun Guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Police will be allowed to shoot children with Taser stun guns despite concerns they could trigger heart attacks.

Officers in ten forces will be able to use the 50,000-volt weapons - which paralyse targets for a short time - against all potentially violent offenders.

However campaigners have called for police to be banned from using Tasers on children.

The Defence Scientific Advisory Council medical committee told the Home Office that not enough was known about the risks of using Tasers against youngsters.

DailyMail.co.uk

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I guess it is safe to assume the UK has not heard how deadly tasers can be and it is very sad to hear they can not shoot at the YOBs but what they hey they will just shoot back with real guns.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Your concern over the youth of the UK is noted. However, I suspect a lot of the scum actually deserve Tasering if not an actual good beating but, as usualy the politically correct Left will stop them and the children will continue terrorising old people as well as beating the odd person up and killing a few here and there.

I'd bring back the stocks and public beatings for the scum actually

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Obviously they mean teenagers and not actual children. Thinks are getting more and more vicious out there, and until people starting getting automatic 25 year sentences for possessing a hand gun in the UK, things won't get any better.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
As much as some of them deserve a healthy shock to the system, its prob not a really good decision to allow this. What's wrong with using pepper spray or something like that? Surely this is a safer alternative

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Good grief if anyone even so much as gives one a clip round the ear they get done for assault yet the scum attack, brutalise and kill people for fun and get away with community service or at worst maybe 5 years inside.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Chorlton

I am not concerned about the youth. I am concerned about the police who might get shot with real guns carried by the YOBs

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Chorlton

Yeah and the punishments given out are far too leniant, and they wonder why they have so many repeat offenders. And kids know they can get away with it too

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
Your concern over the youth of the UK is noted. However, I suspect a lot of the scum actually deserve Tasering if not an actual good beating but, as usualy the politically correct Left will stop them and the children will continue terrorising old people as well as beating the odd person up and killing a few here and there.

I'd bring back the stocks and public beatings for the scum actually

Heheh....stocks huh? Well, I'm not sure about that (although I'm certain the Tories would love it..) but after seeing what goes on there in the UK with my own eyes, I can see why they are thinking that way. The UK is one huge, expensive ghetto alright. And it's full of little thugs who have been raised by older thugs...the damn place is crawling with 'em! Cops in the UK don't carry guns - so - I hate to say it - but it doesn't suprise me that they are going to start taesering the little bas***ds!

J.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hey what about a bean bag shotgun? I think that would be awesome to use!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Good, it will only be used on chavs so its fine by me. Maybe the taser wont be needed again on them or their mates once they experience twitching around on the ground in agony, Im sure they will tell their friends all about it too.

I saw them use one of those bean bag shotguns on someone, I thought they shot him for real because theres a huge bang and flash.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
To be honest I just cant see the police using it on youths as the loony left will start their tears and crying about 'hurting the children' without caring a jot about the hurt they cause to others

new topics

top topics

join