It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sending A Message To The Stars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Here's a fun question, but one i hope many may find interesting. If a member of the public was loaned the most powerful radio telescope for a day for the purpose of sending a message into the Cosmos what would you say? Would your message be asking for help? Invite ailens to visit us? Would it be relgious in nature? Perhaps political? I would say something like this.

Greetings From Planet Earth on behalf of Humanity. We have now reached the stage of evolution that has allowed us to send this message out to the stars. But we do not know if anyone or anything will hear it. We are a young civilisation, but one which has bee traumatised by thousands of years of endless pointless warfare waged against each other. But there are also many good human beings as well who are seeking and striving to better themselves, who are looking for answers to the many unknown questions we have yet to find out. Are we alone is just one of them. I hope that one day that question will be answered. We are at the early stages of space exploration , taking baby steps to place a permananet base on our Moon and then go and visit our nearest planet in our Solar System, Mars. Yet despite this we are a slowly dying race. Our planet is in environmental decay and we may not make it to the stars after all. Please come and visit us and say hello while you still have time, before our civilisation is made extinct through natural or man made causes.
We look forward to hearing from you. We hope that you will come.

Well that would be the sort of thing i would say. What would you say?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I wouldn't bother with telling them about the "thousands of years of violence" in our past as a way to entice them to visit. I would merely let them know what we are, who we are, where we are, and that we would welcome contact if they have the technical means to do so.

keep in mind that contact from such a message could come after hundreds or thousands, or even a million years.

I must say, you have quite the negative view of present times and your message of desperation reflects it.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

[edit on 2-9-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
wirral, good honest message, im sure they appreciate honesty, id ask them for help in curing cancer, aids and other diseases if theyre able to do so, would like to know about the history of the universe and how many civilizations theyve encountered

new topics

join