It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are these things? Two 'round' objects and a flying humanoid shape.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I got this pic from crystalinks.com besides the cloud being utterly amazing i noticed these things. they are all dark colored, 2 appear to be circular and one appears to be in an odd shape, the best way i could describe the shape would be that of a flying humanoid. now granted i am not sure if they are indeed that or just something the wind picked up? or maybe just part of the cloud. i have not made any changes to the image other than circling the three objects. I dont believe that crystalinks made any changes either.

so i'm interesting in hearing what you think. like i said i got these pics from crystalinks and they dont mention these objects, they just comment on the wonder of the cloud itself. i had these pics for a while and just noticed these things after i posted some cloud pics on another thread.
*crystalinks notes that the cloud pic was taken in alberta canada.
I circled the area where the anomaly is located.

here's the pic:

[edit on 9/2/2007 by agent violet]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Is that a tornado? If it was then It's probably just debris that was picked
up along the trip. If it's not a tornado then that is one weird shape for a
cloud.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Judging from the pic as a whole, its just a little detached piece of cloud. You can see the same thing on the left and below the marked circle.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Awesome picture. I would say it's just debris, Probably a poor cow or something similar.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
that was the first thing i thought of two, it being a tornado. however i dont know if it is or isnt but the trees dont appear to be reacting that much if it were one. its odd because the things arent in the cloud, but rather just outside of it, i cant tell if they are the same distance away or further back.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm a Storm Spotter for the National Weather Service and that is what we call scud.
The picture is of a rotating wall cloud which has an updraft pulling in moist air. As the moist air condenses in the updraft it forms small raggy looking clouds we call scud.

jfy

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
that picture looks mighty weird,I'm not sure if this is a tornado or not,reminds me of a pedestal cloud or wall cloud, you usually see them with thunderstorms, they usually end up creating a tornado. This may explain why the trees aren't moving, it might be a wall cloud forming before a thunderstorm or tornado. There are many better pictures out there, thats one i found on wikipedia.

Heres another good picture....

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
love the pictures, atticus black. another odd thing is that nowhere else in the pic, that i see, is there an object that high up and yet so separated from the cloud itself. there is a good distance between the actual cloud and the round object on the right.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here is a link to the advanced skywarn training I take every year to get re-certified.
There is a whole section on supercell thunderstorms, wallclouds etc.

jfy

www.metroskywarn.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
if someone knows how to zoom in and enhance the area in question then i think we would be able to tell for sure. based on what it looks like close up and the approx dimensions of it i think it would be obvious as to whether it is a chunk of cloud or something else.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
when was the pic taken? and where?....like u said before..violet...the trees hav no movement...it does seem to be particles of the cloud...i dont think its a tornado....i am very curious now...

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kc0jfy
I'm a Storm Spotter for the National Weather Service and that is what we call scud.
The picture is of a rotating wall cloud which has an updraft pulling in moist air. As the moist air condenses in the updraft it forms small raggy looking clouds we call scud.

jfy

Read the posts people. The answer was supplied by kc0jfy earlier. It's a scud.

Great pic by the way!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
one persons opinion has never been enough to persuade me no matter what position they hold, unless of course they were actually there when this pic was occurring, which i doubt anyone including myself was. however i do kindly appreciate the input and comtribution.

with that said, i see no movement of trees or anything of that nature, i would like someone who has a bit more skill to enlarge the area in question for better viewing if possible to enhance the photo as well.

also as i mentioned earlier i believe, that the objects in question are a bit far from the main cloud itself. also i cannot determine if the objects in question are behind/in front or at the same distance as the large cloud.

new topics

top topics

join