It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progressive Insurance Spies on Church Groups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The big insurers are becoming more aggressive every day:

An unbelievable story to some, but just old hat to attorney's who deal with Progressive Insurance and their outrageous behavior almost every day.

Today, it was reported that detectives hired by Progressive Insurance became members of the Southside Christian Fellowship Church in Atlanta in August 2005 in order to get damaging information on two church members involved in a traffic accident.

The detectives talked their way into private support groups where members discussed topics such as abortions, sexual orientation and drug addiction.

Definitely not Progressive

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Oh my gosh, tell me it ain't so!!!!! This was a jaw-dropper for me, thanks for bringing our attention to it! Progressive is my ins. co., and I sure don't like those kind of tactics for either side in an accident claim, etc. Wonder how many of the other ins. co's do similiar things? Makes ya go hmmmmm...

NOMW

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Insurance companies do this quite often. I used to know a woman who worked as a private investigator for a health insurance company because people would fake illness and injuries to make false claims. She went undercover to a health club once in order to take pictures of someone who claimed to be disabled but was working out at the health club. Insurance companies have to protect themselves from the scammers.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Interesting story, and Progressive tries soooooo hard in their commercials to present themselves as such nice and caring folk. Heck they'll even tell you which companies have lower rates than they do

On the flipside, I imagine that insurance fraud is serious business so they probably really do have to go the extra mile now and then to check people out and make sure their claims are legitimate.

top topics

join