It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia human righs and the weapons deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Bush sells weapons to Saudi Arabia. 15 out of the 19 hijackers who did 9/11 came from there (official list) :

The Bush administration is preparing to ask Congress to approve an arms sale package for Saudi Arabia and its neighbors that is expected to eventually total $20 billion at a time

I am not saying "attack Saudi Arabia". If the USA is a friend of Saudi Arabia then it would be easy to find out who financed the hijackers and so on.

What's going on in Saudi Arabia :
news.bbc.co.uk...

Saudi Arabia's religious police stopped schoolgirls from leaving a blazing building because they were not wearing correct Islamic dress, according to Saudi newspapers.
In a rare criticism of the kingdom's powerful "mutaween" police, the Saudi media has accused them of hindering attempts to save 15 girls who died in the fire on Monday.

One witness said he saw three policemen "beating young girls to prevent them from leaving the school because they were not wearing the abaya".

The Saudi Gazette quoted witnesses as saying that the police - known as the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice - had stopped men who tried to help the girls and warned "it is sinful to approach them".

[edit on 2-9-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Yea that story is truly disgusting. Why with terrible things going on like do this do people object to what Bush is trying to do.
I think we can all agree that when it comes to areas of the world were civil liberties suffer the most middle east takes the cake. Yet we finally get a person to try and change this and he is chastised across the board. If he handled the war in Iraq badly thats one thing but his motives were good IMO.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Paimei, are you testing us here in the U.S. on our views? What are "YOUR" views? You always make these horrible and provoking posts about terrible atrocities happening to others around the world and quite frankly you never give your oppinions. I am a very compassionate and tolerant person and soul and want peace on earth and a reverance for our planet, but do not like feeling exposed and manipulated. I ask again what are your views on the Tibetans being shot on their way to pray and now this query? I am glad to view your thought provoking posts and am happy you are here but what gives?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
My views : The leaders of USA lie when they talk about bringing "freedom" . Maybe the US troops believe that but the leaders do not.
They will not talk with Cuba because it's not a democracy, but look they are friends with Saudi Arabia
The story above shows what kind of a country Saudi Arabia is, at leas do not sell them weapons. But they do not care, they say they fight "terrorism" and defend "human rights" and at the same time arm a country like Saudi Arabia

About the Tibetans being shot - China is a dictatorship and acts as one, what more can I say

[edit on 3-9-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   

China is a dictatorship and acts as one, what more can I say

Except for the fact that they have a president, and they are a mixture of Communist and democratic.

top topics

join