It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurigid Meteor Shower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Did anyone see this mornings meteor shower? It was supposed to start 4:33AM (or 4:37am) pacific time. I was waiting all week for it after all the predictions about it being 100 meteors an hour, then 200, but with the maximum prediction of 1000. I'm in Mountain Time so I went out a little after 5am and waited.... some good ones that were way better than my last meteor shower experience... but far from these predictions. I just got back in at 6:30 AM MT and I can easily say my experience was... disappointing. How was everyone else experience? Did I get the time wrong? All in all, I saw maybe 15-20 meteors in an hour and a half. With all the articles talking about how good it was supposed to be, how Nasa and other scientists were really interested in studying these meteors because they were from a long term comet. For supposedly being a once in a life time event, mine was a big let down. I had to give up because the sun was creeping into the sky.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Thank you for the post, but there is an existing thread on this topic.

Aurigid meteor shower (31st Aug/1st Sept) + Meteor rate calculator for all major 2007 showers

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

-closed-

new topics

join