It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on current nuclear weapons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
dont worry guys, if Russia ever does launch nukes on the U.S., you can rest easy knowing your annoying pal runetang the looney toon christian boy lives in the #1 target zone for the East Coast.

I'm a mere 20-25 miles from Norfolk Naval Base, the largest in the world. That's right, look it up on Wiki.

Then, I'm 15 miles tops from Langeley Air Force Base, which is home to a Stealth Squadron if I am not mistaken. It also happens to have the Central Intelligence Agency Headquarters, another major target within 25 miles of me.

THEN, 60 miles away is the state capitol, Richmond, a city which would probably also get hit since it would become a natural 'back up war room' of sorts for CIA and Navy personnel that had to flee, and also, for the feds that flee D.C.

D.C. is about 140 miles away, but we know it would get hit too, so people might goto Richmond for back up facilities and communications. Richmond would definitely receive one of the many warheads dispensed from one single Russian ICBM, as would D.C.

So there you go, an extremely radiated runetang would be dead unless he fled to the Mountains on Virginia's western border ahead of time and was lucky.

I do wish to move there, Roanoke sounds nice.

[edit on 9/5/2007 by runetang]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The one area i do give credit to the former USSR (and even nowadays) is the area of bioweapons research - in `questions of virology` publication (1997) they released papers reporting of the gene for ebola being inserted into the genome vaccinia - on teh grounds of research into a vaccine for Ebola

Vaccinia is a known substitute for smallpox - so its 1 small step for a Chimera weapon of Ebolapox.

and later in 1997 in `Vaccine` there were reports of an altered strain of Bacilllus anthracis (Anthrax) that was drug resistant.

The USA is 30 years behind the russians (even with the 3 defections) in the field of bio weapons - Dr. Bill Patrick is the man in the know in the field (and the head of BioDefence) - and he scared the **** out of the DoD when he walked in with a vial of Anthrax straight into a secure room. The officers didn`t know anything about it or what to do - this was in 2000.

Nukes go bang - but a new genetic plague scares me silly - as it can happen anytime and anywhere - and no one will know anything till the bodies start stacking up laying in agony with the internal organs liquifying.

as an aside

have a look for info on `Larry Harris` he was a member of a white supremacist group in ohio - he order 3 vials of plague from the American type Culture Collection ; the rules state you must be either from a university or lab - so he made one up and made the letterhead.

he only got caught out because he got impatient and kept phoning them.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Jesus, will you guys just 'chill the hell out?'

Russiophobia? What in darnation is that all about?

Wikipedia is really the lazy man's Encyclopedea Brittanica or Theosauras. I have resaearched for my paper on the Arab-Israeli Conflict using Wiki and have found nothing but innaccuracies and even gaps in the info held on their pages. Why you people keep referring to it or even Google is simply beyond me.

Do as I do and carry out your own research and stop relying on hearsay and second opinions. Yes, it does take time, but it is amazing what you can dig up.

The Russian Tsar Bomb was in fact the USSR's 'Doomsday' weapon and it was 'supposed' to be in the realm of 500Mt and not as previously stated, in the 100Mt range.

The reason for this, was as a previous poster stated, the CEP. In Soviet eyes, 'bigger was better'. To a certain extent, that belief exists today.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by fritz

hey fritz, wikipedia has alot of good information in it; it really depends on what topic youre looking up info for. some are bad .. and the beauty is, if you know something is wrong you can edit it yourself right there w/the proper answer!

but yes, you can tell for sure when you have come upon a 14yr old's wikipedia entry on some off the wall subject.

for simple facts like world's biggest naval base, it works pretty well however.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join