It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnancies always come in 3???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I don't really think this is an urban legend. I'm not sure, actually what to call it.

I have heard the that pregnancies come in 3's by a few people in my lifetime. Very recently someone had told me that exact statement. I commented that it may seem that way, but its really not true. This person told me that I was wrong, and that they really do always come in 3.

My question to everyone here:

Is there science behind that statement, or is it just a myth? Are there people in here who believe that it is true? Why is that if you do?

I am a guy, and have never been pregnant as a result. My logic says that it just seems like it does to some people.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
What do you mean by pregnancies always come in threes? I've never heard this before, pardon my ignorance.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Never heard of this... and from those I know who have children, pregancies definetely don't "always" come in 3's... where did that idea even come from?

-JAH

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The 3's

It's not mine.
How'd you get this number?
I wore a rubber.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
do you mean that there are if there is one pregnant person there are usually two more that you know of as well?
I think that you do quite often have women that are pregnant at the same time.When I fell pregnant with my second child there were two other women that fell prenant at work at around the same time so in that instance what you are saying is correct.
I think that there are a lot of things that happen in threes.plane crashes train crashes and celebrity deaths always seem to run in threes for some reason.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
For the people with questions;

I don't know where it came from. I just have heard it. It's like the saying, bad things happen in 3's.

I am not saying that this is fact or based in any scientific theory. I am asking if anyone in here feels that it is true. I know in my head that if it occurs, then it is a coincidence. The question still can have validity though.

Maybe people hear the saying (sorry to those of you who haven't), and then look for the connection. I know that happens in other situations.

It's a nine month term right? Im sure that the odds of two other people becoming pregnant in that amount of time is not too bad.

Oh yeah.....good thinking lysergic.

[Edited on 1/18/2004 by Seapeople]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
do you mean that there are if there is one pregnant person there are usually two more that you know of as well?
I think that you do quite often have women that are pregnant at the same time.When I fell pregnant with my second child there were two other women that fell prenant at work at around the same time so in that instance what you are saying is correct.
I think that there are a lot of things that happen in threes.plane crashes train crashes and celebrity deaths always seem to run in threes for some reason.

Ok, you understand the question. Yes, that is what I mean. Do you feel that these instances are merely coincedence, or do you think there is some substance to this?

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I use to see 1:11, or 11:11 a lot... on everything man, from the clock, to chapters, and # on tv, it would strike me odd just to how many times I would see it. Then I read something about master numbers but my ADD kicked in and I lost interest.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I see what you mean (at first when i read your post it scared me, i love my son but i dont want another one for a few years, one is enough for a 19 year old guy to support hehe) But i think it's true in the general sense, if you are a, let us say, pregnant couple, you generally know a few other pregnant people, just seems to be how it works out, or people who just had a baby.

Lysergic, excellent pic, Julyia is hot!

new topics

top topics

join