It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN and Fox News - First time viewer - wow...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

No, my friend! Speaking on behalf of 'North Eastern' Americans; you guys rock! Trust me, we didn't and don't approve of Bush Administration, just as much, if not more than you!
And Canada is my 2nd choice refuge, when this place explodes
(
) - Remember, even the term 'Americans' can be stereotyped. We dont 'all' feel the same way, nor do we all buy into what 'truths' we are exposed,and lead to believe. Canada seems like a beautiful land, and I know a couple Canadians myself- Good People!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Compared to CNN and faux news Katie Courac is the soul of partiality and that is not saying much. I watch the evening lies and then try and get as broad a representation of different prospectives as possible afterwards, from the extreme right to the extreme left and much in between. Then I try and pick out the propaganda to get to the real story. Sometimes i succeed sometimes I fail. Such is the nature of things but at least I try.

But the average American wouldn't be able to recognize reality if it came up and bit them in the ass... they are happy in their cocoons and want to keep it that way.

Don't believe me? Try talking to the average American at mal-wart or any of the super stores about the depredations of the bush minor administration and even at this late date for the most part you will get blank stares and a refusal to discuss it.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I agree, but I just want all people to realize that I am at least one /american, and I do know others that are 'Good People' who are just trying to find the real answers. We are all too scattered amongst the 'content' to be able to function as we would like- but we still cant give up on our country as a whole. The 'left' and 'right' can be overcome by the 'middle', sooner or later

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nowayreally

It does not help matters any when the president is as ignorant as the average person in Mal-wart is, and apparently proud of it. When he "joked" about look how far being a C student could take you I winced in pain.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Check this out. I don't know how to upload video here on ATSNN so I will provide a link.

He has long ceased being a comedian and has entered the realm of Lenny Bruce's social commentary.

This is so true it stings.

alternet.org...

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I can only agree with you LondonCalling, the first time I watched FOX News on tv I could'nt believe my eyes. Thought it was some kind of joke when I heard anchors almost cheering on when the american air force bombed some hills in Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This thread simply isn't complete without this:
OUTFOXED : Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism

Google Video Link

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

Who wants to see more biased left leaning news?We already have heavily Left wing biased ABC,CBS,NBC,CNN and CNBC. I'm conservative and a Republican and watch Foxnews and other News from the internet.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
We all know that American news is all crap and bias to wonderland.
Except the the good old Weather Channel.

I recently discovered that I have the BBC America Channel on my TV.

I have a 2 questions,
BBC America Channel good?
Overall is the BBC good?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
That first video would never make it on US CNN of Fox, they would cut away from interview, or edit down to make him look silly. There is no way we would be allowed to here the palestinian side of the Israel discussion. It just does not happen in American Corporate Media.

If they do discuss an issue like that they pick people that are easily ridiculed or do not have a logical presentation. Then they smear and jeer him to support their agenda.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
No one has truly unbiased news, as long as people are writing it, it will have a bias to it. Certainly America has a problem with its news outlets as they tend to be biased to one extreme or the other it is the citizens responsibility to discern what the actuality of it is based on being being informed from both sides, hint: the truth usually rests somewhere in the middle. Usually however Americans are to lazy to bother with such trival things and take what has been presented as the gospel truth. And no a large percentage of Americans don't despise you Canadians, we all know that your country doesn't generally take a stand against anything and stopped expecting you to a long time ago.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join