It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a Mythical Beast Turned Up in Texas?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Acoording to this source a woman from Texas may have found the mythical Chupacabra!

At first I thought it was just a heavily abused dog, but now I'm not sure....

This should be interesting. Thoughts?

-Droops

[edit on 31-8-2007 by DrOOpieS]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
d00d its just a dog... clearly a dog.

Though it could have been kiled by the chupakra that was killing her chickens...

lol.

erm hey, didn't the chupakra only suck blood ;-P

[edit on 31-8-2007 by DaRAGE]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I don't remember the name of the dog, but it reminds me of the one they used as the target dog a few years ago. And also, in a family guy episode when a guy said "look, it's spuds mackenzie!"

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DrOOpieS

This particular animal had very short front legs. It may be some sort of canine but from the other photographs of this animal and another killed nearby I would bet on a previously unidentified relative of the domesticated dog, the coyote, and the wolf. Both animals had very little body hair.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
It's a wicked ugly wild dog with a severe case of mange. All of the other 8 or 9 "chupacabra" found in backwater Texas towns in the past few years have turned out to be wild dogs or coyotes with bad mange and lots of scars. Feral dogs are a serious problem, and you definitely don't want to run into one or two of them on a dark night unless you're carrying a gun, but they're not chupacabra.

The chupacabra is a kind of bloodsucking lizard, not a bad tempered, terminally ugly canine. It's certainly possible that there are chupacabra on the mainland United States, but they are most likely still localized in the Phillipines and Puerto Rico.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Poor dog...what did it do to deserve such an awful fate? It certainly is no chupacabra though....whatever that thing is...none of the witnesses ever keep their stories consistent. And excuse you, but there are no blood sucking lizards on the planet...blood sucking is reserved for mammals and other vermin.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by laiguana]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Your thinking of a "Bull Terrier". But something seems a different about this dog, and are those fangs?

Originally posted by DrOOpieS
I don't remember the name of the dog, but it reminds me of the one they used as the target dog a few years ago. And also, in a family guy episode when a guy said "look, it's spuds mackenzie!"

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Bingo! Bull Terrier. I saw a full body shot of the animal a few minutes ago, about half way down the page, it looks more like a bull terrier with an incisor problem

The thing that strikes me as odd, it doesn't look like it has any fur, looks more like a textured skin.

Hmmm...

-Droops

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Oh my. That poor, mangy, overbitten, DEAD little doggie.

I don't think it is a mythical beast, rather an unfortunate canine.

Dorian

PS I think the mange and other skin and fur loss diseases can cause the skin to take on that look, as well as being out in the Texas heat, lying along the road dead.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Thats definitely not a bull terrier. The body and face are all wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by justjulie

This story has been all over cnn all day (maybe headline news)... anyhow here is another link to a better picture. Sure as heck does not look like a dog to me.

www.abcnews.go.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Hmmmm....lets see here. You guys tell me if this looks familiar. Thanks to ArMaP, in the breaking news forum.Texas Woman Claims to Have Found Mythical 'Chupacabra'

-Droops

[edit on 2-9-2007 by DrOOpieS]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If I were that abc news reporter, I would start sending out my resume' to Weekly World Magazine: www.weeklyworldnews.com...

And then learn how to edit photos to at least make it LOOK like something odd.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is going to sound really lame, but I'm a volunteer at an animal shelter in Phoenix, AZ, and I do not want to be a spoiler of fun, but that dog is clearly a xoloitzcuintle, which has probably already been revealed but I am repeating it again.

You can view the images at:

images.search.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A0oGkyGth9xGN0YBOopXNyoA?ei=UTF-8&p=xolo%20dog%20xoloitzcuintle&rs=0&fr2=tab-web&fr=yfp-t-471

I think it's pretty clear that the image of the "chupacabra" is clearly an xolo dog.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Just for an FYI, I just saw this story on CNN. Someone identified it as a Gray Fox with really bad mange.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrOOpieS

[edit on 2-9-2007 by DrOOpieS]

Check out those pictures. I agree, it looks like the Xoloitzcuintle Dog, from Mexico.

-Droops

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Hello all. I do believe that we have found the CHUPACABRAS. I was listening to George Nori last night and the lady that found it discussed her finding. she describes him as having a large belly..if you know about marsupials they have a big belly because if they drink blood their stomach grows..it's like they keep it in there for days, like a camel saves water.

He also has teeth like a marsupial. I think this is a walking type bat creature that has found it's way up the evolution ladder. if you look at it closely, it has no hair either and leathery skin, just like bats do. large belly and large fangs to suck blood. I would have opened it's stomach and examined it to see if it was full of old blood. it could be that this creature feeds on blood and has been going around killing chickens and things for a long time..it also has blue eyes, so that tells you it's a form of night animal.

I can't wait for the DNA results on this..it may have come from the mexican desert.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

As much as I would like to agree with you, the pictures provided in this post show that the "beast" the woman found is extremely similar to the Xoloitzcuintle from Mexico. It has "leathery" skin, a large belly and large teeth.

-Droops

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I disagree, but what's going on with this story? how come we haven't heard the DNA results?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Well it's been what now 3 weeks? still waiting for those DNA results here. if it turns out to be a dog, i'm good with that..but I have to know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join