It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A couple question for Muslim Americans, help me understand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
1. why do you condone what the Muslim Extemist are doing?

2. If you don't condone it, why is there not a demonstration of such in the media? where are the organized marches to show your American support?

3.why are none of your leaders going on tv news networks and publicly denouncing what the extremist are doing?

4. do you feel American or do you feel like you are visiting here?

5. if the muslim world denounces America as an evil empire why are so many of you in our universities? or working for our evil corporations?

6. why is there practically zero muslim Americans joining our armed forces?

And last but not least,

7. would you honor the promise you made when you were sworn in as an American citizen to defend this nation against any threat local or abroad?

these are things that i am surely not alone in wondering.
thank you for your honest and kind responses.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Great post! I've often wondered the same things, and I'm glad someone asked the questions! I'm really VERY interested to hear the answers.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
oh wow, I shouldn't even take the time to answer this "baiting" thread, however in all efforts to deny ignorance... here goes:

1. (baiting question)Is there a single spokesman for Muslims in America or the anywhere in the world? Where did you get the notion that Muslims in general condone what extremists are doing?
www.muhajabah.com...

2. Where is the media coverage when muslims show express moderate views?
www.m-a-t.org...

3. What tv channels are you watching, you need cable or something, maybe buy a newspaper, many Muslims have been speaking out since immediately after 9/11

www.freemuslims.org...

4. American citizens are American citizens regardless of religion, did you forget that? I don't think the Muslims or any other minority who have their citizenship forgets it.

5. This is ridiculous, why does anyone work for the evil corporate empires?? Money, stability, etc, it has nothing to do with religious beliefs. Also you are again making assumptions that all Muslims feel that way against the "american way of life"

6. Again where are you getting your misinformation from. There are quite a few muslims in the armed forces, enough for the armed forces to have muslim chaplains.

The number of Muslims in the U.S. military is hard to estimate. Estimates vary from 4,000 to more than 12,000.
seattlepi.nwsource.com...

7. I believe the majority of US citizens regardless of race or religion would defend this country if there was a common enemy who clearly exhibited a threat to the nation and the way of life.

Please, please do read and inform yourself before making broad statements and assumptions regarding people based on their religion and what may have been spoon fed to you.

oh and fyi, I'm a Hindu with Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Jewish and Atheist family members.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

wow
thank you for your reply, that is what i am looking for. i knew there has to be "sane" muslim people out there that don't agree with the muslim extremist. and i apologize if you're offended by my questions, they are just that, questions not statments as you put it. and NO i do not intend to "bait" anyone, just hoping to get some answers to questions alot of Americans have but are too worried about being blasted for asking them..as i was blasted by you for asking them.

i do have cable and i watch Headline News channel, Fox News and CNN (but only when Robin is on
)

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

this gentleman Kamal Nawash seems like he has his stuff together. gonna keep an eye on him, sounds like a smart guy
i like the websites www.freemuslims.org...

great info to be found there.

thanks for the links

Mod Edit: Please Do Not Evade The Automatic Censors --- Please Review

[edit on 31-8-2007 by chissler]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
All the questions postulated by the OP are valid, though I don't think there are any diffinitive answers.
An anecdotal point follows:
Some of my ancestors came from Germany. During WWII some fought for the U.S. and some fought for Hitler. As far as I can tell from my investigation, there was never a resolution as to why those who stayed behind fought on the wrong side - except the vague explanation that it was what they "thought was right" at the time. Although there was some bitterness and hurt, it never became a true breaking point. I suspect many Muslim Americans are going through the same process today. And my conversations with my Muslim friends have confirmed this. Although they truly want to be American and support American values, there is some lingering attachment to the "Volk", that prevents them from truly disassociating themselves with their kin left behind who think otherwise. It must be a very hard predicament indeed.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Are there no muslims on this board? I too feel these are legitimate questions that I would personally LOVE to see honest answers for, even if they differ from my own perception of this subject.

*edit*

woops, didn't notice the OP was removed. Just saw this flagged in my profile and remembered it. My bad.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by Jaruseleh]

new topics

top topics

join