It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help, I Have Raccoons In My Avocados And Jalipinos

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Mustelid Science Journal concludes:

Findings Negative in Raccoon Pix

Just some subtle background images, if you ask me.

Oh well, not every investigation can pan out. (yawn). Off to bed. (just kidding).

[edit on 8-9-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Yes, many aliens... too many...

An infested breeding ground perhaps? iDON'T EAT THE GUACAMOLE!

As for the raccoon: The first photo obviously shows that the sun god has entered through the beast's eyes. The raccoon therefore has been spreading its seed upon your plants and creating an infested breeding ground. Solution: You must mark the territory as your own, peacefully.

Naturally.

~Grand

[edit on 8/9/2007 by Nyorai]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Seentoomuch is certainly right about the risk of viruses from contact with raccoons. Unfortunately there are worse risks than that. Check out the following article from the current issue of the UCLA School of Public Health (my alma mater). Page 10 has a brief story by Shira Shafir, MPH, PhD '06, detailing the risk of uncurable disease caught by contact with raccoon droppings. Here is that link:

www.ph.ucla.edu...

Wildlife is hard to avoid in your garden, short of setting up a greenhouse. All wildlife, especially nocturnal animals, pay a lot of attention to scent. I heard that human urine is as effective as anything else. Just collect it in a bucket over 24 hours, then wait until twilight to sprinkle it on the ground in the garden area. (Twilight because fewer neighbors are likely to see and ask questions!) Good luck.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

Thanks Doc! I agree with you, wild animals are best avoided as there are many hidden dangers. Thanks for the article I'll keep it in mind the next time someone starts a Critter Cookbook on the board and entices members to go lookin' for trouble. Lol, there's a lot of Earls, first cousin and loving husband of Onettas that consider these "varmints" good eats.

Summary of article:

Raccoon droppings = Baylisascariasis = uncurable severe human neurologic disease

Side note: My husband and I were recently diagnosed with chronic Bartonella caught from our own very healthy looking pets. (They were strays that we took in several years ago) Our new vet tested them as part of her routine practice, most vets do not test for this. 4 out of 5 had it and one dog had it at an extremely high level. My husband tested positive and the doctor assumed I probably had it too.

We had been suffering from ailments that mystified our doctor, who now, thanks to our vet knows the source and the cause of our illnesses. My husband, myself and our pets are all on antibiotics for 2 months to eradicate it and expect complete reversal of our symptoms. So yes, emerging diseases are all around us, even our beloved pets carry them. People need to be more aware.

STM

[edit on 9/14/2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Time to get back on topic, (sorry for all the lectures, OP) here's a real good deal on the utensils needed to prepare this sort of cuisine. Enjoy!

The Road Kill Grill
www.youtube.com...

STM

Note: I'm still wondering if what you are seeing on your balcony is a coon? The photo evidence analyzed by Badge only shows background blur. Hmmmm....maybe you should consider changing bait, what do you think something that looks like that would want from you?

[edit on 9/14/2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
My husband and two boys got treated to bbq coon last weekend. They were surprisingly pleased with it. My oldest son even went back for seconds and thats saying something. Hubby said it was pretty dang good. But after getting to know more about coons, I forbid them from hunting them unless we are in need. Even then they can only hunt the fellas. They can have at the turkeys, deer, rabits, etc. just leave those momma coons alone. The one you have there is a fella so have at em, might I suggest the Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, it was quite yummy on the venison last night.

Coons have an IQ that is quite close to humans. Keeping them away is quite difficult. You could try bordering your garden with double sided tape and sprinkle hababero seasoning on it. I know it works for cats. If that fails there are things you can buy that will shoot water at it if it crosses a line.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm sorry to report that the raccoon seems to have found someone else's garden to raid. I had the trap set for over a week and my only result was the neighbours cat, that I promptly set free.

I tried the idea someone suggested about the marshmallow bait, but still no luck.
So now the trap is set down in the yard next door under some trees, but yesterday we got a scruffy squirrel that didn't look like it would even make a snack.:shk:

Having the trap down at ground level also worries me a bit. We have a lot of skunks in the area and I just don't know what I'd do if I caught one of them. How could I set it free without taking a hit of spray ???

I think if that happens I'll have to be on the phone to animal control, or see if I could get my hands on a hazmat suit.

I'll keep the thread posted if anything further develops.

Oh, and mrsdudara, I just happen to have a bottle of Jack Daniels BBQ sauce in the fridge. Glad to hear your husband and boys enjoyed the taste, BBQ is what I was leaning towards.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Jethro, you ain't caught that varmint yet? Granny's waitin' in the kitchen to whip up some coon fritters.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Try some DE. It has some properties that will repel raccoons and other varmints. It also controls bugs, and builds healthier soil. Check out some videos at Natural Pest Control

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join