It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

F22

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 08:44 PM
link   
While we are disscussing beautiful air craft why not look at the f22?

www.f22fighter.com...


My Uncle was involved in the development of this aircraft so once in a while i got to hear about the "new plane" that they were creating. This was of course three to 4 years ago but still flying the simulators was pretty cool.




posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 03:18 AM
link   
www.air-attack.com...

While you are posting a link to an F-22 website, I thought I post a link to mine...



posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Woaw NinjaoftheNight !!!

Great site !!!


Many cool stuffs. Video,games....



posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The Raptor is my least favorite aircraft. I like the F-15 it has that tough look.



posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The F-22 RELIES almost completely on stealth and it's BVR capability. It's designed to fly in supersonic, not get detected, fire off some AIM-120s BVR, loiter for a while, and go home. Basically, a stealth MiG-31.
But it's still visible on TODAY's radars, albiet at greatly reduced ranges. This gives it an advantage, but for how long? Relying on a marginal edge over 80's radar technology isn't going to cut it for an airplane that's supposed to be cutting edge for the next 50 years. And by the time it's available in for use in combat, threats will already be more advanced than today.



posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
That F-22 is one beautiful airplane.

FLAK BAIT



posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by $tranger
The F-22 RELIES almost completely on stealth and it's BVR capability. It's designed to fly in supersonic, not get detected, fire off some AIM-120s BVR, loiter for a while, and go home. Basically, a stealth MiG-31.
But it's still visible on TODAY's radars, albiet at greatly reduced ranges. This gives it an advantage, but for how long? Relying on a marginal edge over 80's radar technology isn't going to cut it for an airplane that's supposed to be cutting edge for the next 50 years. And by the time it's available in for use in combat, threats will already be more advanced than today.



The advantage is long enough $tranger to make sure that whomever is hit by it, won't even have to worry about figuring "how long the advantage" was!


regards
seekerof



posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
F-22 is pretty cool. Hope we get more than just 337 planes.



posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The F-22's "Stealth" characteristics are unecessary and impaires the aircraft's performance. I say to hell with the stealth and the aircraft's performance jumps. Being limited to either 4 AMRAAM"s or 4 AGM"s plus 2 AIM-9p's or X's doesn't make me feel too confident if i were to fly into a high risk zone with SAMs and Fighters all over and expect to come out alive .



posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MACROSVIII
The F-22's "Stealth" characteristics are unecessary and impaires the aircraft's performance. I say to hell with the stealth and the aircraft's performance jumps. Being limited to either 4 AMRAAM"s or 4 AGM"s plus 2 AIM-9p's or X's doesn't make me feel too confident if i were to fly into a high risk zone with SAMs and Fighters all over and expect to come out alive .


The F-22 carries in ventral bays, 6 (six) AMRAAM's (AIM 120's)which the USAF has announced will be the standard version missile on all of its fighters. The AIM-120's will be propelled off of the missile rack inside of the missile bays by pnuematic and/or hydraulic ejectors.

On top of that, the F-22 will carry 1 AIM-9x IR's (Sidewinders) in side weapon bays located one on each side. It is most likely that the F-22 will be capable of carrying 2 AIM-9x's per side. They will be extended on a trapeze mounted launcher before the launch. This was designed to enhance and allow the AIM-9's IR seeker to effectively acquire the target or "sniff" it.

As per the pictures:





At 69.5 million a plane...still quite a buy and more so with the devolpment of the F-22x being also worked on.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 21-7-2003 by Seekerof]

[Edited on 21-7-2003 by Seekerof]

[Edited on 21-7-2003 by Seekerof]



posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Right on Seekerof. We need to get rid of that ugly bird. I think it is the worst thing they ever invented. It takes the thrill out of the hunt!



posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfSpirit
Right on Seekerof. We need to get rid of that ugly bird. I think it is the worst thing they ever invented. It takes the thrill out of the hunt!



hehe, don't want to bust up the party but this plane, the F-22, is simply awesome and will surely compliment the JSF F-35. Don't get me wrong though WolfSpirit, the F-15E is one awesome piece of fine work and will continue to be a very intregal part of the USAF for years to come.


regards
seekerof



posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I Really don't like the F-22 much either. I still beleve and will alwase beleve that they should have gotten the F-23. The F-22 has had a lot of developmental problems, according to what I've read. I just hope the program doesn't turn into another B-36, an expensive failure that the govment brought just to avoid admitting it was WRONG.

Tim



posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hehe, the tune on that site brought a smile to my face, must have been about 10 years since I last saw that movie. Classic.




top topics



 
0

log in

join