It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only ten minutes on a mobile could trigger cancer, scientists believe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Only ten minutes on a mobile could trigger cancer, scientists believe

www.nworeport.com

Mobile phones can take as little as ten minutes to trigger changes in the brain associated with cancer, scientists claimed yesterday.

They found even low levels of radiation from handsets interfere with the way brain cells divide. Cell division encourages the growth of tumors.

Although the researchers did not come up with evidence that mobile phone signals are harmful, the findings suggest they could be.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

[edit on 30-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I hope the scientists are wrong about this. If not we are all in trouble.

www.nworeport.com

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This has been floating around for years now, credible evidence or not.

While it may be true, there are little to no recorded cases of people getting cancer/tumours or any other defect that can be linked to mobile phone use.

If it is true though, I barely even use one, maybe once a month at the very most.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm sure that scientists were coming up with this when mobile phones first came out (several years ago now), but I hadn't heard a report of it since - so I presumed they were wrong.

And to add to what Zanzibar has said... considering the usage of mobiles across the world (I reckon about 1 in 4 people aged between 16 and 50 here in the UK use one regularly - that's a guess off the top of my head though), there have been literally no cases of major harm to us humans through the use of mobiles, so I'm not gonna believe they're harmful until I get some solid evidence.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Agreed saying it for years
Other then the poor audio on these things. Main reason I'm Not
interested in the cell phone.

Pulse there is to much money in it for the makers..why would they tell
something that would hurt their profit

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by renster

I hope the scientists are wrong about this. If not we are all in trouble.

www.nworeport.com

Could this not be a plot by somebody who wants to reduce the worlds population. Introduce a product that seemingly makes life " easier" and it becomes a want and more so a need that everyone has. Market the hell out of it. Pull some strings, and it could become a silent way to control the population. Maybe people have known this for years.
Only thing is, that not everyone on a cell phone gets cancer. might be a small part to a bigger picture, which most info out there is.

top topics

join