It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Parasites Engineer Their Own Downfall!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sys_Config

So there's even a Facebook, Britney Spears and MySpace for bacteria. Fascinating.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
To Doghead... Hilarious.

In regard to the 'idea'... I don't know who I would call a cheat.

Some might call the 'welfare' state the cheats, but others might call the descendants of the former slave owners cheats for dumping their 'property' and the costs to maintain it onto society. Or we could all be cheats for living in a society where 'slave labor' is now called 'fair trade sweat shop labor'. Instead of bringing the slaves here, we keep them 'over there'...

I think in order to not be considered a 'cheat' via this model, one would have to live a Sustainable life, espousing the niceties such as plastic food containers, and supermarkets for farming and recycling. I don't have an answer 'how', but I think that the way our society works, one cannot 'get anywhere' if they aren't willing to 'step on a few toes'. Whatever that means...

I think we should all try to be nicer to each other to start.
DocMoreau

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
there is far more one can contribute to society than merely that which is judged financially.

take those who work for charity,who give thier lives to others,those who take the time to learn the methods of creating the arts which underpin the culture,the entertainers,the carers,the crack pot inventors,the thinkers who invented everything you know,you name it theres a million ways of contributing other than producing financially.

what has happened is that economic ideologies have infested our minds to the point where ones value is solely judged upon his capital gains,i say what really defines a person is how his actions affects the whole,i see alot of wealthy people doing a hell of a lot of damage yet are revered,yet a alot of unsung heroes making this world a safer,better,brighter place to live in get no respect.

if jesus,buddha,john the baptist whatever were around today theyd be spat on in the street for beeing uncouth beggers.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think what is trying to be said here, is that

Many companies are buying up other smaller companies just so they dont have to worry about too much competition, I woulodnt be suprised if all the companies from ( a ) category work together to keep it just them, So that they know yes people arent all gonna buy from them but with more small bizz they wont buy from them even more.

Also to the point of Myspace, which was and is a pretty awesome site, with the one fact that its switched from Tom and the myspace crew owning it, and Fox Media taking over reigns, now that troubled me becuz about the same time I stoped recieving helpful support an responses from such things as phishing pages, hacked accounts of friends, spammers and so forth which was earlier reguarded an responded apon in a very propmt manner.

These big companies are buying everything they can and due to the wonder foundation ( an I really mean that cuz I do believe what we founded this country on ) these big cash pockets are taking advantage over a system dominated by money instead of common sense. Soon we will be like Idiocracy and be feeding Gatorade to Plants and Wearing Sponsored Clothing.

Somewhere in this Wondering creation of humandkind we have decided that fellow humans dont deserve the same things as others, and by passing that onward thru generations we have come to the point at being, this my friends seems like it could go on forever, but just remember that everything is controlled by energy, like these cheats, like people, like weather, like your mind, and all rests on the positive and the negitive.

Im honestly sure that we will get this right, Without failure your never going to have success.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sys_Config

Thats the beauty of mathematics and emergent systems. They do mirror each other.

There is huge lesson here.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I would argue that the "Cheats" in our Society are the Leaders of International Corporations. The workers of these componies band and work together making very little money and getting very little out of the hard work they put in, whilst those at the top reap massive rewards and in return contribute very little to society.

The only problem is these componies are built on the backs of the people, and the people change and evolve, however these componies are far to large, gready and static to cope with the evolution of the people and will eventually collapse when the work force is no longer there to support them.

If you think about it we are told these big corporations are the be all and end all, they dominate our lives and we can do nothing to change it, that this is just the way of the world. However if you think about it, at most these big componies have only been around for 50-60 years. However society is staring to evolve out from under them. In another 100 years I would say the Earth will be very diffrent.

At the moment we know ALOT of power lies with the Oil Componies but we also know that Oil is a limited resource and will eventually run out. At this point in time a hell of a lot of people are gonna lose a hell of a lot of power and the world will change. People will have to start using renwable energy and that is a hell of a lot harder to charge for. You really can't charge people for using the Sun or Wind.

Also due to the advance of technology a lot of diffrent jobs will be vanishing in the near future, especially in retail and shoping areas. Eventually a lot of these job will become automated in the name of conveniance.

For example, instead of taking your shoping to the check-outs products will simply have RFID Tags on them. A shoper will simply walk through a single scanner, along with there trolly put there card in a chip and pin reader, enter thre password and then leave all in less than 20 seconds.

This ofcourse will lead to a massive amount of unemployment, coupled with an ageing population and society will then have no choice but to look at its self and severaly adjust the way the world works.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join