It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP! My empathy is out of control.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HuntaXX

thanks 4 your post hunta, i have liked what u said about thinking of my emotions like if they were computer data and that i should control the flow of this data sent to me. however, emotions have always been my weak side. what u are sayin is a really hard thing for me to do. if i could do just that the problem would be solved. Nevertheless, at the point i am right now i think i have little control over a lot of my emotions. However, I consider what u and others have posted as valuable information.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by soloraci

Hello soloraci,
You are not the only one that has that empathy problem, because i have it too. It really disturbed me. I think we must communicate each other to solve this. Or if you have solved it, i want to know how you do that.
Please replay this mesage !!! I am waiting for your response.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Read Henri Bergson, Duration, and Metaphysics
www.scribd.com...

The best method I know for developing empathy is synchronization of physical movement with others.

So do not move in harmony with others. Do not mirror others movements.

The real question is what are you doing with your insights?

If you are truly insightful to the degree stated, your worst problem should be restraining yourself from sharing insights which would free others from their limitations before they are prepared for it. Knowing and knowing what to do with it are two different things.

I tend to doubt your veracity, if you were outwardly focused as an empath would be, you would not be so self centered, it would not be about you but about how you should more properly deal with others.

Maybe you should work on your storyline.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I think it interesting that when things are lost only the X-Men can find it. Some people talk about shields and control. What is that. How do you get Shields. And how do you exert control. What if you don't fully understand what it is you are able to do. It is such chaos that you have accidents. And this could effect other people. What if you want to develope these abilities but everytime you are just out of control and have a rage emotion. And a deep concentration. And when you are on overload with emotions you have no control of objects. And things. Like Fire. With anger and rage what if you got so over come with emotions that something happened. And you couldn't stop. Then what do you do. If you can lift a pencil off of the table a whole 12 inches and it fly through the air matter is endless. The world consists of endless possiblities. But no one understands they just call you crazy. Or a witch. And people even in 2008 threaten to burn witches. And normal people think telepaths are scary.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join