It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange formations located at area 51 and nellis air force base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
hey guys im pretty new to this whole thing. but i have fond fasination wth area 51 and ufo and the likes. the other day i took a notion to look at area 51 through the eyes of maps.google.com a supposed liter version of google earth. after hours of scanning the landscape i came across a few interesting formations located in and around the supposeed area51 base and the nellis air force base grounds. below is a few of the shots i came across they are in jpeg fom:

i228.photobucket.com...

i228.photobucket.com...

i228.photobucket.com...

i228.photobucket.com...

i228.photobucket.com...

i228.photobucket.com...

i228.photobucket.com...

i228.photobucket.com...

i228.photobucket.com...

i228.photobucket.com...

i228.photobucket.com...

i apologise in advance for not getting the cordinates for these snapshots. using google maps doesnt have the same functions as earth. the last few are interesting as its a lone building located far out from any other of the buildings located on the nellis base. also i ahve notice that these strange formation tend to occur in the flatter parts of the canyon in the dry lake areas. is there a reason for this im not sure??

im putting this up because what i have here could be quite frankly a load of crap and could simply be weather formations or natural pheneoma?? you guys be the judge. my reasoning is that it def not weather, the shapes are to perfect in some of the cases, and also resemble shapes of "so called crop circles" coincedence?? hmmmmmm???

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well I know the circles are bombing targets. I don't know what to make of the triangles or the seperate building, although the fact that a building is isolated isn't necessarily strange.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
you dont think its strange?? why isolate a building that far out, there has to be a particular reasonong behind it. maybe im just being persumptious.

anyways your right about the tiangular formation i just cant figure out what it maybe. although it seems to resemble a constellation in the sky i remember looking at but i dont know the name of it. it looks like a Isosceles triangle.

so you think bombing targets. how and why do you think that??

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The rings in the ground could be bombing targets or landing target. For landing I say and mean parachute landing. To see how, when and where it lands or how far the wind carries the subject. They develop a lot of TS stuff there and test a lot of it onsite so I wouldn’t be surprised if those markings are used for that purpose. I really don’t see them using the rings as bombing targets so close to the main complex. As for the building being isolated by itself, it could be a monitoring station of some kind, maybe even a security station to monitor all the ground vibration sensing equipment they have buried all around their complex.

I also could be completely wrong about all of this and there is some sinister plot behind all those markings. But we will never know.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The circles and triangles are just target patterns on the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR). There are also simulated airfields and missile sites.

The buildings are probaly part of the vast trackin g and communications network for the range. The NTTR is roughly the size of Switzerland, providing ample room for simulated combat exercises.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostryder21
The rings in the ground could be bombing targets or landing target. For landing I say and mean parachute landing.

For parachuting, they use a smoke marker to indicate a landing zone.

I have documented drop zones near Cedar Pipeline Ranch on this page
www.lazygranch.com...

You can google earth one of the drop zones at
n37.74710 w116.09689
The rest are on the website. For some reason I didn't put the coordinates in text form, so you need to read the map and transcribe the locations.

The vast majority of the Nellis range is used for training. The range is full of contractors, so I doubt much secret stuff makes it past the immediate Groon Lake area and perhaps the small valley between Groom Lake and the NTS.

The famed Nellis Range UFO video was done by contractors on the range that operate the surface to air threats. A good analysis of the video can be found here:
homepage.ntlworld.com...

Some contractor run SA gear can be seen here:
www.lazygranch.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
thanks for the info that helped a lot. theres a lot to this that i dont know. and any info is good info i want to learn as much as possible off you guys.

so the nellis test range isnt conacted to the so called area 51 "groom lake facilty"?? if thats the case where does the groom lake facility start and the nellis range begin??

and if both sites are restricted how does anyone manage to get access to these locations, restricted access i mean?? because from my own observation of teh maps the groom lake facility is located deep within the mountain ranges which would make it very difficult to gain access too.

or is only certain parts of the nellis range restricted??

actually im starting to confuse myself

anyone enlighten me in any way??? lol

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) is operated by units from Nellis AFB. The Groom Lake facility is within the NTTR, but is operated by the Air Force Flight Test Center at Edwards AFB. Workers commute to Groom by air and ground.

For more information, including Range maps, check out this site:

www.dreamlandresort.com...

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Shadowhawk]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by skygazer07
thanks for the info that helped a lot. theres a lot to this that i dont know. and any info is good info i want to learn as much as possible off you guys.

so the nellis test range isnt conacted to the so called area 51 "groom lake facilty"?? if thats the case where does the groom lake facility start and the nellis range begin??

and if both sites are restricted how does anyone manage to get access to these locations, restricted access i mean?? because from my own observation of teh maps the groom lake facility is located deep within the mountain ranges which would make it very difficult to gain access too.

or is only certain parts of the nellis range restricted??

actually im starting to confuse myself

anyone enlighten me in any way??? lol

It would help to have a range map, but they no longer give them out. There is no range map on line. For a quick reference, you can use this range map:
www.lazygranch.com...
R4808A is the Groom Lake restricted range. During Nellis Red Flag exercises, it is considered a neutral country and marked on the map at No Fly. [If you get the very corny Imax Red Flag movie, you can see this on the operations display.] A more detail map, though the "box" isn't done right, can be seen here:
www.lazygranch.com...
You can view a civilian sectional map at
skyvector.com...
Enter KINS to go to Indian Springs, the south west corner of the airspace.

While is it true that Edwards AFB (north base to be specific) controls Groom Lake, there is some interaction with both the DOE and Nellis. The DOE is somewhat particular about flights over their territory. I don't have it recorded, but I heard Groom Tower refer to "gumby control" (yes, seriously) in a manner that I suspect that is the code wode for the DOE. Now of course, Nellis lets the Groom boys fly over their airspace, so entry is not a problem.

Janet aircraft have to enter the airspace as well, They fly under the Janet callsign at first, but south of KDRA they are instructed to change frequency. The new frequency is not given nor published, at least where civilians can read them. The plane changes callsign at this point, but you can match up the sound of the pilots voice.
www.lazygranch.com...
The aviation fixes (waypoints) in the audio are not published. I filed a FOIA and found the fixes are reserved so the names cannot be used elsewhere in the FAA ATC.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
The Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) is operated by units from Nellis AFB. The Groom Lake facility is within the NTTR, but is operated by the Air Force Flight Test Center at Edwards AFB. Workers commute to Groom by air and ground.

For more information, including Range maps, check out this site:

www.dreamlandresort.com...

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Shadowhawk]

Actually, that website uses a civilian sectional, not the range map. The range map would be a bit of work to scan, so I never bothered to do so. I do have the last "arrival" map from the DOD in pdf format:
www.lazygranch.com/images/ranges/las_vegas_16_feb_2006.pdf

Regarding the interaction of Nellis and Groom, note that there is a Groom EDACS repeater site at Nellis AFB. This confuses people who go out there and scan. Nellis AFB itself using the DOE Motorola trunk system. It has its own Motorola trunk system at the base, and then "roams" on the DOE system in the ranges. These trunk systems are on radioreference.com, though I can't vouch for the accuracy. [I maintain my own files since wrong information gets put into radioreference all the time. ]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Actually Edwards North Base does not control Groom, but is merely an interface point for customers and a commuter terminal. The Test Wing commander (DET 3/CC) at Groom reports directly to the Air Force Flight Test Center commander (AFFTC/CC). The North Base commander (412TW/EWAH/CC) reports to the 412th Test Wing commander (412TW/CC).

The GUMBY CONTROL callsign is interesting. It actually fits in with something I learned about one of the squadrons at Det 3. Good work!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
Actually Edwards North Base does not control Groom, but is merely an interface point for customers and a commuter terminal. The Test Wing commander (DET 3/CC) at Groom reports directly to the Air Force Flight Test Center commander (AFFTC/CC). The North Base commander (412TW/EWAH/CC) reports to the 412th Test Wing commander (412TW/CC).

The GUMBY CONTROL callsign is interesting. It actually fits in with something I learned about one of the squadrons at Det 3. Good work!

Thanks. Why don't they just fly the Beechcraft to Edwards main base? It's not like these planes don't land at military bases, i.e. the Beech Janets land at the TTR.

If you look on radioreference.com, there should be a talk group for aircraft coordination on the DOE/Nellis (not Groom) system. I believe that is Gumby Control. I logged it before Nellis was even on the system, which of course is how I figured out it was Groom related.

I suggest keeping a copy of whatever radioreference.com has on Nellis and Groom. [Though like I said, bugs get into the information. ] Generally the DOE sites send turd notes to people that post their frequencies. For instance, the LLNL trunk system is not on the website. Radioreference has the turd note on file.

One of the bugs on the Groom system is that it is declared to be provoice. I managed to get a photo of a cammo dude radio. It turned out to be a MR-K. Upon further analysis of the signal, it was determined to be DES.

top topics

join