It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will you Stand up for your Planet?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
No actually I don't "know" that. I'm not a prognosticator, I don't see the future much further than tomorrow, if that far.

People all around the world are gradually coming to the conclusion, rightfully so in my opinion, that smaller gov't works best. Less gov't. is the best gov't in MHO.

One world gov't. would be ponderous and unresponsive to the point of uselessness, save giving themselves unholy salaries. A bureaucratic labyrinth to give Theseus pause would be the result of a "world gov't.", bad as my gov't. is at responding to problems how much worse, a gov't. based in Stolkholm, or whereever?

Nope. Bad as this one is on almost every level, your version would be magnitudes worse. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Boo to those who think that a difference can't be made, If enough people over time start to think about this and try to do their part it is entirely possible. Look at history and what difference a SINGLE person can make in a positive or negative way.. Mother Theresa, Nelson Mandela, Adolf Hitler, Princess Diana to name but a few. They made a huge difference with their own words and their own power.

The hippies of the 70's may not have succeeded but who's to say that a new attempt isn't possible. At least, we are more eco aware and much of the world's population knows of the problems in the world. All we need to do is stand together to make this difference and hope the world governments do something to support it.

It isn't just world peace we need to achieve there's world poverty, Global warming and intense violence, the latter being the most difficult to solve but with the right people doing the right things I believe it can be done.

P.S - Im not an ecowarrior either. Full time job, pay bills, want to buy a house but too expensive, hope to have a family. I think that represents the majority.

50/50

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Inspiring stuff!

If only the rest of the world could view things the way we all do, i'm pretty sure it would be a much better place!

i'm with you all the way..

<< 1   >>

join