It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By way of introductions...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hi. My name is Peabody and, although I've read ATS off and on for some time now, I've only recently created an account and this will be my second post. It seems polite to introduce myself to everyone and maybe say a couple of words about my interests.

I am 25 years old, have travelled a bit and read avidly. I'm writing a book (which don't worry, I am not here to promote) on secret societies in American history. My interest in secret societies comes from some incidental family involvement--but nothing too sexy or juicy. I have no antiquarian uncle who died a mysterious death after assembling information about an ancient cult. I'm no Francis Wayland Thurston nor was meant to be.

Unlike a significant percentage of the posters here, I don't have much interest in science fiction. There are a few sci-fi writers (mostly from the pulp era, or those who admire the pulp era anyhow) whom I admire greatly but for the most part I find it difficult to stay awake through a seven page description of the left anterior ventricle of a ship's interstellar waste removal system. Nevertheless, I'm keenly interested in the topic of UFOs and the government's coverup of extraterrestrial contact.

Other (ATS related) interests include cult activity, the occult, government conspiracies, mindkontrol, and cryptozoology. This has always struck me as a site from which there is a great deal to learn and full of posters who are both passionate and knowledgable about their interests. Looking forward to interacting from time to time.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Greetings and hallucinations, peabody. Well-mannered diversity of opinions on a broad variety of topics are always welcome. Glad to have you finally jump in. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as I've enjoyed mine.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS and you will find a mountain of information to research in this site.

Now be aware that the many topics in this site even if you are not fond of some of the forums it will take the conspirators side of you and get you involve any way.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hi peabody, welcome to ATS.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Welcome!

You have some interesting interests

new topics

top topics

join