It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional delegation calls investigation into Yankee mishap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

www.boston.com

August 23, 2007

MONTPELIER, Vt. --Vermont's congressional delegation on Thursday requested a thorough investigation into the collapse of a portion of Vermont Yankee's cooling tower.

Sens. Patrick Leahy and Bernie Sanders and Rep. Peter Welch sent a letter to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission raising concerns about the cause of the structural failure.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.freepress.org

[edit on 27/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]
[bbcode]

[edit on 27-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Am I the only one who missed this? I would think so but I failed to find any threads on this event.

I pride myself on keeping up with the news but I haven't seen a word on this on the national news... at least the major channels... has anyone else?

This is not good... no part of a nuclear power plant is supposed to just fall down. Nor is this good when something like this happens and it is not reported nationally.

www.boston.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[bbcode]

[edit on 27-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Pigeon Poop! That's the cause.

It was just a cooling tower, nothing to be concerned about. If it was the reactor housing, that would be a cause for concern. I wonder if the company had applied for a permit to build or renovate the tower, but had it turned down due to environmental concerns?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
NONE of it supposed to fall down... the standards that supposed to be used in their construction should have precluded that. After all standards are supposed to be a lot higher.

I remember during the protests to stop seabrook in NH that I took part in it came out that the water valves that were supposed to flood the reactor in case of emergency had been put in backwards because the contractor installing them had been reading the blueprints upside down.

True story.

I have no faith in anything built by the lowest bidder.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Here is a link to another article about this with a picture.
Pics

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Like I said bird poop or no bird poop they aren't supposed to fall apart like that.

top topics

join