It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SR-72 Confirmed: Mach 6 Project Blackswift

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Oh, how I wish ATS would stop posts that start with some anonymous "extremely reliable source"

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

It depends on who starts the thread. In a lot of cases I'd take it with a huge grain of salt or call BS. In this case howeverI believe it because the author has much credibility and knows what she's talking about.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I concur. Where'd she go anyway? Seems like she got married and split!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

Yeah, that's what it seems like. That makes me sad, as I always looked forward to her threads. They were always really good, and thought provoking.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hmm I've only just seen this thread as you lot have bumped. Just because she didn't name her source still a good thread with some nice infomation

My question is why waste money developing a super fast spy (I presume it's a spy plane) plane when satellites can do the job

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Flexibility. Just about anyone with a calculator, and sufficient knowledge knows down to the second when a satellite is going overhead. I heard that Edwards and Groom used to have boards up with times of Soviet satellite passes, so that they could have everything hidden away from up to like 45 minutes before and after the pass. A high speed aircraft on the other hand can go overhead any time, and at high altitude can get a similar area of coverage.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Ah yes thanks for your reply I didn't think of it like that.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm planning on writing up a topic on spy satellites later tonite you guys might find interesting.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Sounds interesting I'll look forward to it

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Being american technology, it won't exactly be safe nor reliable. Ask any chinook pilot (especially the dead ones).

In light of both the U-2 and SR-71 projects I'd say both platforms were safe and reliable. Hell, the U-2 probably prevented WWIII with the Soviet Union. I don't think I'd put aircraft like F-15/16's, the U-2, SR-71 in the same category as chinooks....though I do agree they are encumbered with mechanical problems.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Helicopters all have mechanical problems. The best description I've ever heard of a helicopter is "a million pieces all going in opposite directions trying to fly apart at the same time."

The big problem with the F-15/16 is their age. The F-15 fleet is approaching 70%+ of its lifecycle, with some at 90%. Both are just old.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Yep, you're right. I flew medevac for ten years. Rotor craft have way more moving parts than fixed wing. They are maintenance pigs.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

We used to have HH-53s, and they were pigs. From what I've heard with the Marine CH-53, it's a 44-1 man hour to flight hour ratio. That's just ridiculous that it's so high.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Wow... that's quite the ratio. Our old fleet of BO 105s cost us about 800 bucks an hour to operate. That's pretty costly for a small not for profit.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me if this plane (or some outgrowth of it) were already in use. I know we haul out the older planes now and then for missions, but I have to believe we have something in place that is doing the role of the Blackbird since it was officially retired, even if UAV. This seems like a good contender.
2020....yeah right. Maybe for when to go PUBLIC with it....

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Wouldn't surprise me if this plane (or some outgrowth of it) were already in use. I know we haul out the older planes now and then for missions, but I have to believe we have something in place that is doing the role of the Blackbird since it was officially retired, even if UAV. This seems like a good contender.
2020....yeah right. Maybe for when to go PUBLIC with it....

I'll just say "something" like it exists. it needs to be refueled right? someone might have pics then right? right zaph?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Gotta love boom operators.
Seeing stuff that's all top secret and never saying what they saw.

lol

Anything here look familiar?

goo.gl...

edit on 25-6-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Don't know what your talking about

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Aliens could be making this craft?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join