It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary Religous TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hi,
Im noticing an increase in religous TV, among other types of programming.
I always watched the evangelical sermons on tv and thought, how can anyone really look at this person and think they are being sincere.
I saw one yesterday with a close up of some guy, and he was trying to be compassionate.(one of the most fake attempts ive seen) He was trying to hit nerve points with poeple out there by trying to tap into there sadness or pains from whatever problems they might be having. He didnt look like a pastor, more like the president with a sharply pressed suit on. A businessman/officeworker, spreading the word of god?
And then asking them to pray and accept god. Naturally if you mention being sad to someone who is sad they will be reliving why they are sad. Why would you play off this in people?
Also the show where the young people go to remote countries villages, like a pilgrimage, I guess trying to showcase that their religion is accepted by all walks of life, in different corners of the world?
Doesnt their family miss them? Dont they have somewhere better to be, or maybe a more productive occupation?
Just somthing I always think about when seeing this on TV, always wanted to complain about it, I guess this was it. ty

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

Im noticing an increase in religous TV, among other types of programming.

Not all, but many are false teachers. Christ warned us that we would see them in the end of days.

Mark 13:21 And then if any man shall say to you, 'Lo, here is Christ;' or, 'lo, He is there;' believe him not:
22.For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Any man, no matter how holy one may think he is, must be checked out in God's Word. If he is teaching anything other than what is written then he may come in Christ's name (Christian) but he is false - "take heed" and "believe him not".

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I totally agree with you mailman. These 'religious' tel-evangelists just fleece the saddened and disenfranchised when they are at their most vulnerable. Its sickening to think they are allowed to get away with this, all the while the collection plate overflows with their pious donations.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
post by Mailman

Not all, but many are false teachers. Christ warned us that we would see them in the end of days.

Mark 13:21 And then if any man shall say to you, 'Lo, here is Christ;' or, 'lo, He is there;' believe him not:
22.For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Any man, no matter how holy one may think he is, must be checked out in God's Word. If he is teaching anything other than what is written then he may come in Christ's name (Christian) but he is false - "take heed" and "believe him not".

NO, Christ warned those people about their end of days. He was not speaking to us he taught those people what they needed to know and that was the destruction of Jerusalem. Jesus returned around 70ad and was seen iin the sky by many. We know that was written about.

This is a world without end. Remember that quote? A new heaven and earth was created in the spiritual sense it wasn't something visual to see. No one could enter into heaven until Christ died and gave us salvation.

You have been following the teaches of man.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
That post was for Whirlwind not Mailman. Sorry. I've been away from this board for a long time. I'll get the hang of it again.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Katie -

NO, Christ warned those people about their end of days. He was not speaking to us he taught those people what they needed to know and that was the destruction of Jerusalem. Jesus returned around 70ad and was seen iin the sky by many. We know that was written about.

This is a world without end. Remember that quote? A new heaven and earth was created in the spiritual sense it wasn't something visual to see. No one could enter into heaven until Christ died and gave us salvation.

You have been following the teaches of man.

He was speaking to us Katie. He was talking about the end of this age, not the destruction of Jerusalem.

Please tell me more about Jesus returning around 70AD. Where is that written?

I try to follow only God's Word, not that of man.

.........Whirlwind

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whirlwind

Jesus was not speaking to us and he never taught us any of that. He taught those people what they needed to know he spent a lot of time teaching them.

Flavius Joseephus witnessed Jesus return with his army in the sky and wrote about.

top topics

join