It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual Dejavu Experiance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I have had an unusual experiance of Dejavu recently,
I woke up one day and went down stairs to make breakfast, I knew that my girlfriend was going to say "Did you see on the news that there was an earthquake in South America?" and just a couple of seconds later she said it, and I felt the Dejavu feeling. Then during that day when I was driving to the supermarket and I knew that when I got there a car was going to pull up, and a person I hadn't seen in a while was going to get out. As I pulled into the car park, it happened.

I was amazed by how this was happening, and it happened about 3 more times that day, and even now it happens to me. I know something is going to happen to me, then it happens, and then I get the Dejavu feeling.

The thing is, It isn't just a lucky guess, I know exactly what the person will say, and exactly what I will answer.

Does anyone else have, or know of this?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hi, that's really interesting. It sounds like you have strong abilities of Precognition. Have you ever had this before or does it seem like a recent development?

If so, I wonder if it was caused by some kind of event in your life? Or maybe with some people it occurs in episodes or like 'bursts'? I know I had it happen to me before a few times but they seemed to be all near to eachother, time-wise.

Cool post

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have had this for a couple of years, But it comes in "bursts" and each one is very close to each other one as you said. It doesn't seem to have been brought on by anything that happened to me.

I wonder if there is anyway of controlling this?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Never had Dejavu like that before, only when talking to someone I get light headed and I know what will happen for the next 5 or so minutes.

It only happens very rarely, and never for a event like that.

-Will

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I get Déjà vu so often that I really know the feeling well, so I actually try and push it pass just the feeling, but I have had no luck. My feelings of Déjà vu are like I see a place or event that is extremely familiar to me to the point I sometimes know a direction without actually being there before.
Like I might say the shop is over here based on just my view of the area, but it is my first time in that area. I do sometimes get a weird buzzing feeling in my sinuses when this happens…kind of weird. As weird as it is I have not been able to truly predict what might come next for it is just a strange familiarity.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I used to get a lot of Deja vu feelings, I believed they came from forgotten dreams from the previous few nights.

Hardly had any worth mentioning in the past year or so tho, think I may of accidentally pickled that part of me in alcohol
So you could treat that as some sort of warning if you like (or possible cure if you don't like the feeling!!)

I'm moving soon, and (i hope) I will get in to a healthy routine and be a little more organised, gonna be real interesting to see just how far I've let things slip

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Deja vu is probably one of the strangest phenomenon I've ever come across. The wikipedia article on Deja vu describes it as "remembering the future," which is what you seem to be doing.

You asked if there were any possible ways to control your sensations of precognition. In short, from what I can tell, there isn't any specific way for you to do that. However, there is an article explaining that Deja vu has been recreated in a laboratory.

Deja vu 'recreated' in Laboratory

I don't know if this will help you, but it is always good to be informed.

Most of us have had Deja vu at some point. Personally, I think it's really creepy.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Hmmmmm... I'm sure I've seen this post before...

No seriously, I used to get Deja Vu alot when I was a teen. I'd dream it then find myself in that place. One such experience was when I was in Army cadets, I had a dream I was running thru a forest along a fire break. 2 weeks later I was on exersize on Salisbury plain and found myself being pursued in a pine forest running along a a fire break, and I knew that if I carried on there was a fallen tree I could take cover behind, and sure enough just around the bend there it was, just like my dream. Alot of weird and funky things happen when your a teen, such as Poltergiest activity. Maybe the transition from child to adult has something to do with it all. Altho to tell the truth I've never really grown up....

I'm also a lucid dreamer, are any of you, that may have something to do with it ?

Peace

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
ive had a very simiiliar experience like that. I made a topic on these forums its at about page 5 if you want to read up on it. I was walking through the corridor and i walked around the corner and i new exactly where a girl was gona be so i took the corner wide to not run into her.

Just curious did you have headspins later that day?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I believe those Deja Vue feelings we have are from what we have seen in our dream rem when sleeping ,sometimes we dream things and can't remeber them when we wake up and when it happens in our awakening life we get that sense of "this has happen before but when and where"We are all able and capable of seeing future events no matter how small are great.

Dae

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The frequency and way your Deja vu happens makes me think it could be Temporal lobe epilepsy, you should check it out with your doctor.

Simple Partial Seizures (SPS) involve small areas of the temporal lobe and do not affect consciousness. These are seizures which primarily cause sensations. These sensations may be mnestic such as déjà vu (a feeling of familiarity), jamais vu (a feeling of unfamiliarity), a specific single or set of memories, or amnesia. The sensations may be auditory such as a sound or tune, or gustatory such as a taste, or olfactory such as a smell that is not truly present.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yes everytime I come to ATS I have the opposite its like ATS know my next move, please look at recent posts for fuller explanation.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ATS4EVR

Hi M8

A lot of strange happen to you lately

Last post you did was about a flash that appeared above your boat while in Spain.

Now this?
Please explain cause I have a hard time believing all of this.

Everyone has Deja Vu one more then another but it´s normal nothing about past lives blah blah blah or being able to see the future.

just my opinion

nando out!

Nando out!

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
That sounds more like precognition. Deja vu is if when you feel like you've been somewhere, or in a certain situation before, regardless of whether you actually have or haven't.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Please explain cause I have a hard time believing all of this.

For most of my life I have had unusual experiances, I know it must sound odd, but I'm pretty much used to the things that happen to me, I just thought I'd ask you guys your thoughts on it.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4EVR
Hello everyone,

I have had an unusual experiance of Dejavu recently,
I woke up one day and went down stairs to make breakfast, I knew that my girlfriend was going to say "Did you see on the news that there was an earthquake in South America?" and just a couple of seconds later she said it, and I felt the Dejavu feeling. Then during that day when I was driving to the supermarket and I knew that when I got there a car was going to pull up, and a person I hadn't seen in a while was going to get out. As I pulled into the car park, it happened.

I was amazed by how this was happening, and it happened about 3 more times that day, and even now it happens to me. I know something is going to happen to me, then it happens, and then I get the Dejavu feeling.

The thing is, It isn't just a lucky guess, I know exactly what the person will say, and exactly what I will answer.

Does anyone else have, or know of this?

I had that pretty much same thing happen 2 me today. I just went 2 school and when i got there we did media center orientaion, and i knew everything she was going 2 say. Then we had a quiz and i looked p and it felt like i did it before and saw the same exact thing.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Wow, you sound exactly like me. I have had dejavu's since I was about 10 or so, and they've been steady the past 10 years. Sometimes I freak people out when I have a dejavu, because I'll interupt them and end up finishing their sentences for them.

It really is quite weird, I don't believe I have any 'sixth sense' or 'psychic abilities' or anything like that. But I sure do have a dejavu thing going on.

I've also noticed something weird for myself. It's very hard to explain, but I'll give it a shot. Sometimes I feel like I have the ability to control things I know are going to happen, from not happening. Like, if I start having a dejavu and I tell it to "go away", it ends up not happening; but if I have the dejavu before the dejavu happens and I forget to tell it to "go away", it ends up happening.

To put what I mean into context: let's say there's a customer named Joe that comes into the store I work at every single day of the week. If I think to myself "I wonder if Joe is going to come in today?.." he will end up coming into the store. However, if I start having a strong inkling that Joe will come in that day, I think silently to myself something like "I hope Joe doesn't come in today...", it ends up being that Joe never did come in that day.

I don't know if that makes sense at all, it is very hard to explain. But for some reason I can make complete sense of it in my head, just not verbally to others. It's kind of like I can stop dejavu's from happening if I want to. Hmmph, who knows...

top topics

join