It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heaven/Hell or Reincarnation? Which makes more sense to YOU? (Or, Being an Atheist Doesn't Mean I'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
big crunch - big bang theory kind fits both ,

i guess you could call the cruch hell and bang heaven where life thrives ,

thoue its all a more or less reincarnation

althou i more or less belive earth is " heaven/hell ",
its more or less just about your way of life , socialy and personaly ,

the reincarnation part is still to be tested since im born in the sign of virgo , virgin , call it first timer and enjoyin´....

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Reincarnation came about after Jesus's death. That would make sense since Jesus made all things new. I have read the bible to and have seen references that look like that he is speaking about reincarnation.

I have a family member that remembers a past life, and they also have told me they remember being in a very dark place, and then being like shot from the sky into the body they are now. It sounds like to me they have been reincarnated.

The part of their past life they remember is running along the side of a road real fast and a car had hit them. It upsets her to talk about it. In that life she was a male and now she is a female.

I don't think everybody is reincarnated. Some people go to heaven others to hell.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well chalk up another for reincarnation.

Btw, we've already been discussing the same topic here for some time.

Like many of you here, I was also brought up in a Christian environment. I was very devout, but in the process of learning more about my faith I converted myself away... something I never thought could happen. I would talk to priests and ask questions, but it always came down to FAITH! Dammit, I don't want faith, I want logic. If it's just about having faith, then I could've been in any other religion... yet they all say that they're the "one true religion".

Anyway, as the years go by I've been "remembering" past experiences, whether through dreams or while I'm awake. Then there are the countless stories of people (especially kids) who talk in great detail about people they've never known (in this life).

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'd like to preface my answer with clarification that I consider hell something totally different than most. I have posted several times on that issue here on the board, but to repeat, I believe hell is being completely separated from God. Since all goodness comes from God that would be a place devoid of goodness. Just the separation of the love of God - which we all enjoy even if we reject believing in Him or His love - is nothing I ever want to experience.

With that said, I believe all 3 make sense and compliment each other. I do not rule out reincarnation because my God is a merciful God and I can see Him giving every chance possible to each soul to come to know and love Him.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I'd like to preface my answer with clarification that I consider hell something totally different than most. I have posted several times on that issue here on the board, but to repeat, I believe hell is being completely separated from God. Since all goodness comes from God that would be a place devoid of goodness. Just the separation of the love of God - which we all enjoy even if we reject believing in Him or His love - is nothing I ever want to experience.

With that said, I believe all 3 make sense and compliment each other. I do not rule out reincarnation because my God is a merciful God and I can see Him giving every chance possible to each soul to come to know and love Him.

Wow, you took the words right out of my mouth!!
Me and my friend were talking about Hell yesterday and I said the exact same thing to her!!

Weird.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join