It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's New Space Plan Excites Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This is a very interesting article from space.com.

www.space.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Since no one is responding I just had to say something, Russia is stealing money with people it sends to the ISS at 20 million a pop. Now they want more of the cash for helping to get there. Doesn't feel right taking us for a ride.

Michael

[Edited on 19-1-2004 by Ark-Angel]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I can't believe that we are sending our astronauts to the Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan for access to the ISS. Lockheed or Boeing needs to quickly design a replacement to the shuttle.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheConservative
I can't believe that we are sending our astronauts to the Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan for access to the ISS. Lockheed or Boeing needs to quickly design a replacement to the shuttle.

Novell was like Nasa and then Microsoft came along and blew them away. We had all our eggs in one basket and when the eggs fell out everyone got mad. This is a political problem as much as it was technical blindness on letting the Shuttle fall into the outdated shape it is in.

Michael

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
why not airbus they are gaining in on boeing and they make a lot of planes. militair and civil ones.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ark-AngelRussia is stealing money with people it sends to the ISS at 20 million a pop.

I dont know about Russia stealing money.

If you want to go to Space you are not forced to buy the 20 million ticket from Russians.

But you doesnt sell them at all.

So it 20 million or nothing.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ark-Angel
This is a political problem as much as it was technical blindness on letting the Shuttle fall into the outdated shape it is in.

TheConservative & Ark-Angel,
What do you think the possibility is of US spaceplanes (shuttle type "orbital re-entry vehicles") being operational in special access "black projects" at this present time?

Could it be that the reason NASA is so grossly underfunded is that there is something else that is meeting the same needs militarily, that is taking up the monetary assets that would certainly be available to NASA if it were more of a puppet department of the military?

The believability of this certainly does not require as far of a stretch of conventional thinking as many of the threads presented here on ATS.

Consider the history and technology available...

Shuttles & Spaceplanes

There is actually some pretty compelling evidence that something is going on in the area of "black ops" operational spaceplanes.

What about the history of spaceplanes? Is this a new concept dreamed up by forward thinking scientists of our time?
There is a little known fact that can be backed up with many links, research papers and hard copy history book; and that is the fact that the Germans in WW2 had an effort underway to build a spaceplane with which to bomb New York.

A German scientist named Saenger developed it, and it was called the "Silver Bird" or "The Amerika Bomber".
Their design was one that was not actually an orbital spaceplane like the shuttles, (I think orbit requires an escape velocity of 17,300 mph) but rather a design that skipped off layers of the upper atmosphere... (We now call that the "Waverider" design)
This was a rocket powered hypersonic vehicle, and it was on the drawingboards in 1938.(see image below)

Sanger "Silverbird", designed to bomb America

X-20 Dynasoar
After the American Operation Paperclip gathered up all the scientific data on German advanced technology research the US came out with plans to build a space plane in the late 1950's...
It was called the X-20 Dynasoar, with a rocket booster to get it in orbit, it was the first concept for an Orbital Reentry Vehicle, (ORV) that saw actual development.

The X-20 spaceplane was cancelled by JFK's defense sec, Rbt McNamara in December 1963 right before it was supposed to start in production. (Some believe that rather than being killed off it went "black".)

The X-20 Dynasoar

Conclusions?
After the Dynasoar there were numerous other spaceplane projects involving different shapes, propulsion methods, etc.

These spaceplane projects went on through the 60's, 70's.. then the Space Shuttles came out ... all the way to present day with the X-33 and Hyper-X projects.

The fact remains this is old technology that simply continues to be updated with every new spaceplane project, and there have been ample signs that something very fast and able to fly very high is lurking about out in the deserts of the western US.

Couple that with the age & history of this technology and one begins to see how naive it is to assume that there have been no spaceplanes surrepticiously developed and operational over the 66 years since Sanger drew up plans for Silverbird.

Hypersoar - space bomber platform
currently under development at
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Intelgurl

( I also posted a very similar post in a thread called "spaceshuttles" in the "weapons" forum.)

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

This is a political problem as much as it was technical blindness on letting the Shuttle fall into the outdated shape it is in.

What do you think the possibility is of US spaceplanes (shuttle type "orbital re-entry vehicles") being operational in special access "black projects" at this present time?

Could it be that the reason NASA is so grossly underfunded is that there is something else that is meeting the same needs militarily, that is taking up the monetary assets that would certainly be available to NASA if it were more of a puppet department of the military?

I had the same thoughts that perhaps the MAIN reason Nasa is behind on the Shuttle is that some OTHER type craft was sitting on the side just waiting to come on the scene. Something that could take off like a plane, however how will something like that land on the MOON or MARS? So I can see something like say a SAUCER design shape that could get to orbit and still land on the Moon or Mars.

Michael

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
why not airbus they are gaining in on boeing and they make a lot of planes. militair and civil ones.

Come on...we are talking about Lockheed and Boeing here.. Airbus might be gaining on boeing but they are nothing compared to it. Im not going into details but i would say that maybe we should have an international space program. In my perfect world, it would give meaning to the UN becuase face it, Americans are just after business ventures while the Europeans i would have to say... put technology to work faster but not on a massive and efficent scale as something such as the aeropace industry

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

The believability of this certainly does not require as far of a stretch of conventional thinking as many of the threads presented here on ATS.

Consider the history and technology available...

Shuttles & Spaceplanes

There is actually some pretty compelling evidence that something is going on in the area of "black ops" operational spaceplanes.

What about the history of spaceplanes? Is this a new concept dreamed up by forward thinking scientists of our time?
There is a little known fact that can be backed up with many links, research papers and hard copy history book; and that is the fact that the Germans in WW2 had an effort underway to build a spaceplane with which to bomb New York.

A German scientist named Saenger developed it, and it was called the "Silver Bird" or "The Amerika Bomber".
Their design was one that was not actually an orbital spaceplane like the shuttles, (I think orbit requires an escape velocity of 17,300 mph) but rather a design that skipped off layers of the upper atmosphere... (We now call that the "Waverider" design)
This was a rocket powered hypersonic vehicle, and it was on the drawingboards in 1938.(see image below)

Sanger "Silverbird", designed to bomb America

X-20 Dynasoar
After the American Operation Paperclip gathered up all the scientific data on German advanced technology research the US came out with plans to build a space plane in the late 1950's...
It was called the X-20 Dynasoar, with a rocket booster to get it in orbit, it was the first concept for an Orbital Reentry Vehicle, (ORV) that saw actual development.

The X-20 spaceplane was cancelled by JFK's defense sec, Rbt McNamara in December 1963 right before it was supposed to start in production. (Some believe that rather than being killed off it went "black".)

The X-20 Dynasoar

Conclusions?
After the Dynasoar there were numerous other spaceplane projects involving different shapes, propulsion methods, etc.

These spaceplane projects went on through the 60's, 70's.. then the Space Shuttles came out ... all the way to present day with the X-33 and Hyper-X projects.

The fact remains this is old technology that simply continues to be updated with every new spaceplane project, and there have been ample signs that something very fast and able to fly very high is lurking about out in the deserts of the western US.

Couple that with the age & history of this technology and one begins to see how naive it is to assume that there have been no spaceplanes surrepticiously developed and operational over the 66 years since Sanger drew up plans for Silverbird.

Hypersoar - space bomber platform
currently under development at
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Intelgurl

( I also posted a very similar post in a thread called "spaceshuttles" in the "weapons" forum.)

Yes. These ideas have been out for quite some time, but further development will take years...even for a test flight of a full scale model. The shuttle will be re-evaluated this year, and put back onto the launch pads in Florida - TIME magazine. Spaceplanes will be the United States' next big space project.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Originally posted by Ark-AngelRussia is stealing money with people it sends to the ISS at 20 million a pop.

I dont know about Russia stealing money.

If you want to go to Space you are not forced to buy the 20 million ticket from Russians.

But you doesnt sell them at all.

So it 20 million or nothing.

Out,
Russian

I said stealing as in taking people up without letting Nasa in on the payment. That is stealing to me, if this was truely an ISS or international then a bank where this could be put would serve the station and not a Nation. This includes the United States as well, if we start taking people up just to grab money for what ever Nation is taking that person up then the reason for the Station is a LIE.

Michael

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
they say it isnt possible to use a space shuttle currently used I am with this but it is the technology fuel isn't the problem if they place a refueling station on the moon which itselfs is being refueled by rovers on the moon.

top topics

join