It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens: How smart are they?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Alot of the threads that I have read seem to conclude that Aliens must have a god like intellect and be far superior to us in all ways. But I'm not so sure about that. The only evidence of this is the space craft that they arrive in. But does that really prove advanced intellegence and civilization, or just that they chanced upon the principles for their antigravity drive before us?
For all we know, the ships that we see could be alien rednecks on holiday, making crop circles and performing abductions as their version of cow tiping and mailbox baseball. Perhaps messing with the natives is an amusing passtime in their part of the galaxy.
I'd be interested to see what you think.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Direwolf
Alot of the threads that I have read seem to conclude that Aliens must have a god like intellect and be far superior to us in all ways. But I'm not so sure about that. The only evidence of this is the space craft that they arrive in. But does that really prove advanced intellegence and civilization, or just that they chanced upon the principles for their antigravity drive before us?
For all we know, the ships that we see could be alien rednecks on holiday, making crop circles and performing abductions as their version of cow tiping and mailbox baseball. Perhaps messing with the natives is an amusing passtime in their part of the galaxy.
I'd be interested to see what you think.

Oh God that was so funny, i am agree with u there is no proof this alien people are super gods, or something like that, but i am sure they are more advance than us,. i also think that somewhere there is a race that is just like us,technology wise, but who knows.

man it was really funny to read ur post.

i want to add something, u guy know that we see distance stars how they were billion years ago because of the speed of light. dont u think other races in the universe are observing our earth, or solar system like if it was some years old. i hope i was clear.[[english is not my native language]

anyways, aliens have big heads, maybe they are retarded, or whats the name....... down syndrome!
[edit on 25-8-2007 by Drzava]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

But does that really prove advanced intellegence and civilization, or just that they chanced upon the principles for their antigravity drive before us?

Kind of like most people and computers. They really have no idea how they work. Leaving aside for the moment that "they come from outer space" is an open question, still, from reported observations, the creatures do not behave in an overwhelmingly intelligent manner. In fact, many have behaved in what you could call a robotic sort of manner. This is alleged, of course, because we have nothing other than anecdotal evidence, much of it highly suspect.

Your speculation is also inherent in the movie Contact where although the space guys there were obviously advanced, they still were not the ones who built the wormholes. They happened across them and utilized them in their travels, but they had no idea who first built them.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

For all we know, the ships that we see could be alien rednecks on holiday, making crop circles and performing abductions as their version of cow tiping and mailbox baseball.

Hahaha, good to see some humor on this subject for a change

I think they turn people into guru's, ever notice how some of the abductees are now all-wise, all-seeing, God-like guru's who have all the answers and speak like David Carridine in a yellowbook.com commercial? I could name names but I'll be nice

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ya I think it is funny that we feel we are actually some pivotal race/planet to all these advanced species out there.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I know I'm going to get a warning over this.
Tell me how smart a purple flying elephant is.
Wait-first prove it exists. Then analyze.
Leaving now......

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
you have to assume some level of intelligence if they're inter-planetary, inter-stellar or inter-dimensional travelers.

You also have to give them credit for the incredible ability to leave no significant traces and not be captured on film.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hey ain't I smart enough ??? I exist so if I exist aliens exist, we're multi-talented and we could sing, my IQ is way above Einstein's so do the math folks !! ( On a serious note if Aliens were really that smart they wouldn't have crashed in Roswell in the first place !!!)

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by steve-o

Was it aliens that crashed at Roswell?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
For the purpose of this thread I'm taking it for granted that Aliens exist and visit from time to time. What I'm looking for is peoples opinion on the level of intelligence of these alien visitors. While it can be assumed that they have a level of intelligence that would allow them space flight, so do we. So why are they atributed with a god like intellect?
Avoiding having their picture taken and leaving no trace isn't that difficult, especially when they seem to do all their landing and running about after dark.
And I would imagine that a purple elephant would have the same intelligence as any other elephant, no matter what colour it was painted.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Direwolf

I said purple flying elephant.And you are free to speculate all you wish.But that is why we have skunkworks. Meh, whatever.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If anyone's ever seen Mars Attacks!, I think the scenerio might be the same. Once the aliens have had enough of the hum-drum of coming over here and ripping out cows' balls for entertainment, i reckon the whole lot will chugg over from wherever they come from, organise a fake peace gathering, and get their guns out.. lol

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Was it aliens that crashed at Roswell?
Yes !!! In fact the aliens that crashed were distant relatives of mine from a planet not so far away from earth, they were drinkin' some form of illegal substance which made 'em crash in this sick world full of hate and corruption
. To stay on topic with this thread aliens are 5 times more advanced than all you humans, I'm glad to be part of the illuminati, you've all been Punk'd !!! Ya actually think we're gonna treat ya as equals ??
(just kiddin' folks I'm a human as well, don't go callin' David Ike )

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I'm sorry, I missed the flying part. You're right. Purple flying elephants could be totally different in intellegence than regular elephants. Please let us know of their migratory flight patterns. I want to keep my truck out of the way. Pidgeons are bad enough.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
I said purple flying elephant.And you are free to speculate all you wish.But that is why we have skunkworks. Meh, whatever.

Meh, whatever. That's right. I consider you my friend, access, but if I may make an observation, you've gotten a bit more extremist these last few weeks. Maybe the atmosphere pushes us in that direction. For example, I wasn't aware I was so skeptical until I got here and was told that.

If there are NO aliens involved with UFOs, then everythuing here belongs in skunkworks. Why have a separate section? But the fact is this section is titled "Aliens & UFOs" so I figure aliens, whether or not they exist, is fair game for discussion here.

In a thread like this there ARE lots of assumptions to pick away at. For example, 'aliens' does NOT mean 'flying through space,' though many people make that assumption. No one has postulated a good work-around for faster than light travel yet, therefore I think it's fair to call that assumption speculation.

But I do think it is fair to set up an assumption and run with it. We all know that any information we have about 'aliens' is likely filled with a lot of nonsense and noise. But given what we think we know about 'aliens,' knowing full well that the descriptions and behaviors we are getting may be filled with untruths, disinformation, paranoid ramblings, and abject fantasy, THEN what about this?

It's kind of like discussing Sherlock Holmes. I don't know if anyone else here has been deeply involved in Sherlock Holmes, but if you ever do explore that realm of literature you will discover that people do not talk of Holmes as if he is a literary figure; they talk of him as if he were real. That's part of the game. perhaps there are a few people who are fooled by this, but not many.

I suspect most people here know full well there is a very real possibilitry that nothing on ATS in any field has any basis in fact whatsoever, but they are willing to suspend their disbelief in a way that allows them to discuss the possibilities. That's why these kinds of threads can be kind of fun. Are aliens very smart?

Nah, I think they're kinda missing the point, myself.

[edit on 8/26/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think there pretty smart.. But what are they ? Are they a mental illness ? Are they a fabrication ? are they physical ? Are they a ?

Ask yourself.. You will find what you are looking for as only you yourself have the answer.

Why dont you ask them how smart they are ?

See what answer you find ?

Regard's
Lee

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Discussing "alien intelligence" without one single piece of universally verifiable evidence that they are here in the first place to me hurts the cause. It's fun to imagine how smart they are, and to discuss it theoretically, however too many people around here will post information that goes so far beyond that it makes us all look like complete and total fools.

Alot of the threads that I have read seem to conclude that Aliens must have a god like intellect and be far superior to us in all ways. But I'm not so sure about that. The only evidence of this is the space craft that they arrive in.

What craft? Can you or do you know where a simple man such as myself can examine one please?

But does that really prove advanced intellegence and civilization, or just that they chanced upon the principles for their antigravity drive before us?

Didn't know that was their propulsion system. How did you come about this knowledge?

If they are here, they are not so smart. Everybody here with "inside" knowledge tells us how advanced they are (with no evidence for the rest of us to look at) but then all we get are pictures of blurry lights as night. So I guess they are so freaking stupid as to leave their driving lights on while conducting secret nighttime observations of our planet, lol.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Should you get drunk ? NO. Should you take drug's ? No. Should you drive to a remote location ? No.

You should just relax take some time off or out as my Brother's/Sister's call it over the sea's. Just look up and when i say luck up thats what i mean.

Let me know what you find.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 26-8-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I was hoping to get some opinion on the metal capability of alien visitors from this post, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Alot of people just want to debate their existance here. Well, my hat is made of wool felt, not tin foil and I will absolutely beleive in them when I find compelling evidence that convinves me of their existence. The important word here is 'ME'. Each person has to develop their own theory about reality and I can't see trying to change anyones mind. That is the only true freedom an individual has, the freedom to think what they want.
Now I have seen UFOs. But a UFO is an Unidentified Flying Object. I'm a trained observer and aircraft identifier. And I'm Canadian, which means that I'm not anywhere near the hotspots of aircraft development. So when I see a UFO, it makes me wonder what it is and where it came from. That leads to who is flying the thing and what are they like. If I can't identify the aircraft and it is flying in a manner that defies our usual rules of flight, then It leads to could I identify the pilot. Is the pilot human? How many tentacles does it have and does it drink coffee? That sort of thing.
I'm kind of disappointed that this post is failing, It should have been an interesting debate.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
there's always a bigger fish in the sea..and we're not even shrimps...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join