It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Party warns States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

In a warning to Michigan and other states threatening to upend the presidential nomination calendar, the Democratic National Committee on Saturday ruled that Florida must rescind its decision to hold a primary on Jan. 29 or lose all its delegates to next summer's national party convention.

www.detnews.com.../20070825/UPDATE/708 250410

What do people think about this? I don't tend to vote Democratic but who is really messing with the political process here? The States or the Democratic party itself? I can see why states want to vote earlier, to have an impact on the end result. Heck by the time California votes, everything is said and done already most of the time. Is that fair for Californians?

The National Democratic party seems intent to not listen to its own voters on this one, weird. Pissing off your own party base and members is never a good way to start an election cycle.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I think there should just be one national primary day so no state gets an advantage over another in choosing the nominees.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I think there should just be one national primary day so no state gets an advantage over another in choosing the nominees.

I'm not sure if that is the best either. The candidates don't have to go out to each and every State then. That might be a good thing but goes against the people really getting to see each candidate for themselves. A telegenic candidate would do the best then, is that what we want?.

It should be in a tight time frame with multiple states voting on just a few days. But to have the National Democratic Party tell States to "back off", sends a bad message.

No offense to the States with the earliest votes in the way the primaries have been run before, but you have ticked off your brother voters in other States by your initial votes coloring the political landscape. Many of the late primary States feel their voices are ignored.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Isn't interesting that ever since 2000 the lunatics on the left have screamed from the rafters, "our votes didn't count! Election stolen in Florida! Blah, blah, blah ..." even though the entire post election episode was baseless and completely untrue.

Now somebody is really taking away the votes of the people. Not just the soldiers absentee votes, not just recounting a few particular ballots from a few Dem heavy counties, no! Throw out every single democrat vote from the entire state!

And who is doing it? Is it the EVIL Dick Cheney? Nope. Is it the IDIOT GWBush? Nope, not him either.

It's the DNC! Congratulations! Welcome to the new tyranny you've all blindly seen coming. LOL...

new topics

top topics

join