It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hey every one, i just got back form seeing the Edinborgh Tatoo, it was amazing, when i was walking back i noticed 3 gentlemen who i belive were masons, my father pointed it out, they walked to a door on one of the main streets, this day was locked and to get in it was a voice control with some one ont he other end, there was 2 camaras for a normal size door, but it was marked as 86 which was not the right number and the was no reaosn for this, above the door there was a glass picture, i couldnt tell what it was, but it wasnt a normal deisgn.

Could this of been a Lodge ? i like the socity threads so thought id tell you guys and galls about this, i dont knwo if it was or not, so if there are masons here or any one else who knows, please tell me.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vixion

Could this of been a Lodge ?

Probably not a Masonic Lodge. If it had been a Lodge there would have been a sign somewhere on the building with the Masonic symbol (square and compass) and name of the lodge.

If it was some sort of lodge, it may have a been a Moose Lodge or an Elk Lodge. I've never heard of a Masonic Lodge with a speaker outside, but the Moose and Elk do that a lot in their lodges.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The Masonic lodge near our house has a very large and well lit Masonic symbol on the front of the building. I've seen a few other lodges and they all had a noticable Masonic symbol. I've never noticed any numbers other than the normal address numbers, but I never really looked.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
A cube has 8 vertices and 6 sides. Also 6-8suited is my favorite poker hand.. umm that's all I can think of. Why is the cube important? Well, that would take a whole 'nother thread to explain.

Oo on Family Guy, Peter is on the New England football team and his number is #68.. hmm maybe he's a member of the lodge too?

[edit on 8/28/2007 by ViolatoR]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Only reminds me of one of the doors at Skull and Bones.

Why did your dad feel they were Masons? I would look up local lodge listing and see if there is one on the street. I have seen lodges with little ident but not sure about that country how they are setup.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
i honestly couldnt tell you right now why he thought that, ill ask him when he gets back from work and ill post up there, i know that he knows alot of masons where he works, he must of had a felling or reconised some thing.

I couldnt see any square and compass bits masonic light, as i said in my original post, i couldnt see for sure what the picture was in the glass above the door, so ill google and try to find it, if so ill post that up as well.

O and i mays well say this in this topic instead of makign a new one, i saw a statue with MDCCLXXVI writain on it near hanover road i belive, is MDCCLXXVI the numbers on the bottom of the one dollar bill ? i ink it is but not sure ill google that too i guess, if any oen knows, pelase tell me.

Thanks every one and take care, Vix

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
carnf ind that buldings picture any where, any way found that statue and i gpt the umbers/letters wrong.

images.google.co.uk...://www.edinburgh247.com/photos/gallery9/george-IV-statue.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.edinburgh247.com/photos /photo_display.asp%3Fpic%3Dgallery9/george-IV-statue%26title%3DGeorge%2520IV%2520Statue&h=1000&w=750&sz=60&hl=en&start=93&tbnid=RcGcu597kMDVwM:&tbnh=1 49&tbnw=112&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dedinburgh%2527s%2Bstatues%26start%3D84%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D21%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN

that is the statue of what i saw, that says MDCCCXXII and i thought it was MDCCLXXVI, o well nothing ventured nothign gained.

Take care, Vix

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Here's the statue I think you are talking about: Statue of George IV:

Is that 1822? (MDCCCXXII) Saint George is like Saint Michael. One kills "the dragon" and the other "satan."

There is a society called the Order of St. George and St. Michael..

Wikipedia link above
The Most Distinguished Order of Saint Michael and Saint George is a British order of chivalry founded on 28 April 1818 by George, Prince Regent (later George IV)

The Order was originally founded to commemorate the British amical protectorate over the Ionian Islands, which had come under British control in 1814 and had been granted its own constitution as the United States of the Ionian Islands in 1817. It was intended to reward "natives of the Ionian Islands and of the island of Malta and its dependencies, and for such other subjects of His Majesty as may hold high and confidential situations in the Mediterranean."

In 1864, however, the protectorate ended and the Ionian Islands became a part of Greece. The Order's basis was revised in 1868; membership was granted to those who "hold high and confidential offices within Her Majesty's colonial possessions, and in reward for services rendered to the Crown in relation to the foreign affairs of the Empire."

Well it's not 86 as the original poster said, but rather 1868. Hmm.. Maybe not the right group? There is a "George" street north of Edinburgh Tattoo.. . Also the churches are Saint somebody and Saint George in that area. Also there's some interesting alignments in the medieval sites in Britain. It would take a book to explain it all (I happen to have just finished such a book), so let me say that Edinburgh appears to be on at least one or two important alignments. (Saint Michael sites are located along a line running accross southern Britain from east to west called the Saint Michael line, but this line doesnt go up to Edinburgh. The angle of Edinburgh appears to be 90° to the Michael line however.)

Interesting stuff but may not be part of this secret orginization. Next time you see someone walkign into the building yell out "George is a nancy-boy!!" and see what they do...

top topics

join