It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq corruption whistleblowers have been vilified, fired, or detained for weeks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Iraq corruption whistleblowers face penalties
Cases show fraud exposers have been vilified, fired, or detained for weeks

One after another, the men and women who have stepped forward to report corruption in the massive effort to rebuild Iraq have been vilified, fired and demoted.

Or worse.

For daring to report illegal arms sales, Navy veteran Donald Vance says he was imprisoned by the American military in a security compound outside Baghdad and subjected to harsh interrogation methods.

There were times, huddled on the floor in solitary confinement with that head-banging music blaring dawn to dusk and interrogators yelling the same questions over and over, that Vance began to wish he had just kept his mouth shut.

He had thought he was doing a good and noble thing when he started telling the FBI about the guns and the land mines and the rocket-launchers — all of them being sold for cash, no receipts necessary, he said. He told a federal agent the buyers were Iraqi insurgents, American soldiers, State Department workers, and Iraqi embassy and ministry employees.

The seller, he claimed, was the Iraqi-owned company he worked for, Shield Group Security Co.

“It was a Wal-Mart for guns,” he says. “It was all illegal and everyone knew it.”

So Vance says he blew the whistle, supplying photos and documents and other intelligence to an FBI agent in his hometown of Chicago because he didn’t know whom to trust in Iraq.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
As they should be.

It's like that idiot who exposed the prison pics of the pranks the guards did to the terrorists "of the inhumane treatment they received" while the very same terrorist group is cutting off the heads of the people they capture.

These whistle blowers are no more than traitors giving aid and comfort to our enemy. I'd shoot them to set the example, but then, that's just me and my opinion.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
So, what you're saying is that it shouldn't matter what atrocities a government or army perpetrates, you would shoot anyone who brought it to the attention of the media, right? Does that only apply to the US forces or would you extend that to all countries and armed forces?

Pol Pot, Stalin and Hitler would have loved that attitude, IMHO.

grammar edit

[edit on 25/8/07 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky

These whistle blowers are no more than traitors giving aid and comfort to our enemy. I'd shoot them to set the example, but then, that's just me and my opinion.

Words cannot express my deep loathing for you and your opinion.

You sir, are a communist, and an ignorant one at that.

You claim that the whistle blowers are 'traitors giving aid and comfort to the enemy', when the article (which you are evidently too ignorant to even read) states clearly that the whistleblower " had thought he was doing a good and noble thing when he started telling the FBI about the guns and the land mines and the rocket-launchers — all of them being sold for cash, no receipts necessary, he said. He told a federal agent the buyers were Iraqi insurgents..."
SO yeah buddy, this guy is a traitor because he didnt want the 'insurgents' to have guns, land mines and rocket launchers.

Go post your ignorant dribble on some UFO thread or something, and stop calling honest Americans that are truely concerned about where my money is going 'traitors'.
YOU and your ilk are the real traitors. Damned fascist commies.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So, our feedom and democracy bringing government doing bad things? to our own citizens?

Nooooo, that is imposible, our government do not do such thing? do they?, no is a mistake. . .

This are the bad apples you know the ones that goes around our perfect government to do this deeds.

Yes I am sarcastic, but hey is not new and will not be the last either, remember who is in the white house right now using his executive powers to rule the nation and fight American whistleblowers, I mean (American terrorist aiding the enemy).

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
As they should be.

why would you post such distasteful ignorance?
he's a traitor because he tried to save american lives?

Nehow, so we are selling guns during the war on iraq to insurgents.
Obviously bush doesn't want the war on iraq to end, otherwise he wouldn't be selling guns to insurgents

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm hoping hinky was being sarcastic, but nothing would surprise me.

The sad fact is that the same type of thing is happening right here in the states. Step on the wrong toes, reveal the crimes of the wrong people and you'll have the police, the neighborhood watch groups and even your own family turned against you. The tyranny is here folks, and all that is needed is for one more big event to be staged before it comes all the way out of the closet.

new topics

top topics

join